Thread: 05 KLX 110

KTMTalk Member
    Userid

My son went to start his KLX 110 and found that it wouldn't kick over. The kick starter seems to be stuck or locked. What would cause that? What should I do to fix it?

2.    Sponsored Links

LOGIN AND CLICK THE SHOP ONLINE LINK FOR THE DISCOUNT

KTMTalk Member
    Userid
    Images

IF the bike's in gear, or shifter's in-between gears, this would cause this condition.

2010 Husaberg FE390
    2005 Honda CR250R
    2010 Beta Evo 290
    2014 Vstrom 650
    2013 Burgman 400

Userid

Pull the sparkplug and see if it will turn over...

KTMTalk Member
    Userid

Bike is in neutral. We pulled the plug and it still doesn't start. Kickstarter is like jammed. It did seem to move down a little from before.

Should we take it apart?

KTMTalk Member
    Userid

All you can do is take it apart. You should be able to see the problem once the cover is off.

Userid

I would suggest looking at the flywheel first. There is an aluminum strip on the inside of the flywheel that may have gotten knocked into the stator, thus causing it to lock up. My boy hit a rock and knocked the side cover out of whack slightly, causing it to lock up. We had to buy a new flywheel and all worked fine. It did not look like the side cover moved at all, but there really is very little clearance there, thus causing the problem.

I hope this is explained well. Take the side cover off (the one the flywheel is under) and look at the inside of the flywheel. If this is the problem, you will see what I am talking about. Very easy fix and fairly inexpensive, but need a flywheel puller to do the job.

Good Luck!
    "Knucklehead #292" & "BoBo #5"

Thank you Cycle Hutt, Synergy Seals, Powerband Racing, Jbone Motorworks, Nana & Papa, and Mom & Dad

Lifetime Team KTMTalk cormeister's Avatar
    Userid

QUOTE (KBRacing @ Sep 27 2006, 03:45 PM)
    I would suggest looking at the flywheel first. There is an aluminum strip on the inside of the flywheel that may have gotten knocked into the stator, thus causing it to lock up. My boy hit a rock and knocked the side cover out of whack slightly, causing it to lock up. We had to buy a new flywheel and all worked fine. It did not look like the side cover moved at all, but there really is very little clearance there, thus causing the problem.

I hope this is explained well. Take the side cover off (the one the flywheel is under) and look at the inside of the flywheel. If this is the problem, you will see what I am talking about. Very easy fix and fairly inexpensive, but need a flywheel puller to do the job.

Good Luck!

Same thing happened to my little guys 05. He had a huge crash and it made spaghetti out of it, cormeister
    special thanks toPRECISION ...... and to PARTSOURCE

user posted image

KTMTalk Member
    Userid

Default Re: 05 KLX 110

My son went down to the back yard and revved his 07 KLX 110 Right to hell up like his race bikes and slammed it into first. Kickstart locked up. Got it to free but from opening the covers discovered that the flywheel was shredded up like a piece of paper; and the other side looked ok the little fork that selects gears was popped out that was it. Went all the way in up until the shift star to double check everything over there but found nothing. I can now at least select 1st and 2nd gear but that's as far as I can get. What the hell would be the next thing to check? I'm ready to throw the damn Thing right in the dumpster lol help please? .