Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Admin Pats manual rules (Please read before posting asking for)

Thanks for the advice!!! I was about to ask for a repair manual when i saw the topics about it. Didn't knew it was that much illegal and could put a forum in that much problem. Didn't had any trouble to get one free for my mazda 3 and my old raptor 660.
    Anyway i juste wanna be sure what i'm buying is good for my bike. I want the manual for all the valves adjustment, chain adjustment, clutch adjustment, changing bearings and all those things. I got a KTM 400 exc 2000
    So is this the good thing to buy!?
    Repair manual
    Thx guys!
    Don't Follow Me, I'm Brainless
    user posted image

2.    Sponsored Links

LOGIN AND CLICK THE SHOP ONLINE LINK FOR THE DISCOUNT

QUOTE (bob380sx @ Apr 25 2008, 02:11 PM)
    http://www.repairmanual.com/motorcycles/0/36
    has manuals back to 72 and its cheap.

I'm glad that I read this thread before posting. Thanks a lot for posting this link, they have exactly what I need, which is every piece of literature available. roost.gif
    1996 360 EXC (Plated and Commuted)
    2013 Suzuki GSR125NEX

Hey guys just wondering what is in the repair manuals. I would like to one for a 2013 50 sx and 250sx. Is there more in there than just the pictures of how engine parts and chassis parts go together and there part lists.

In the repair manuals you will find how to go to the different areas of the bike and using the manufacturer recommendations and specs, to work on your bike deeper (open the cases, setup the carb, assembly of the clutch, transmission, etc., etc.) than an owners manuals that is more general maintenance. They don't show all the tricks and everything you need so you have to come in here once in a while and ask for help. You'll find it. Usually part numbers are found in a different document called the parts list. You can find one for the chassis and another for the engine components.
    Old rockers never die and the same goes for KTMer's.

1971 JCPenney Scat Tracker
    1973 Yamaha Enduro 100 (Sold)
    1973 Bultaco Sherpa T 250 ( Sold)
    1980 KTM 420GS ( Sold, First Place Open B Class and Third Place Overall AMPR Enduro Championship in 1981, moved to A class and won the Championship in 1982)
    1986 KTM 500 MXC (Sold)
    1991 KTM 500 MX Frenzy (Sold)
    2001 Honda XR80R (Son's bike)
    1989 KTM 500 DXC Madness (Sold)
    2011 KTM 300 XC

Ok cool thanks for that. Now to the next stage where can I buy them from with our it costing me an arm and a leg???

I would start on Ebay, then I would search on the web. Those 2013 are almost new so I am not sure if they are available on Ebay in used condition.

You are looking for something like this that includes the newer ones. I don't see 2013 here yet.

http://dirtypart.com/manuals/filer/KTM/

1980 KTM 420GS ( Sold, First Place Open B Class and Third Place Overall AMPR Enduro Championship in 1981, moved to A class and won the Championship in 1982)
    1986 KTM 500 MXC (Sold)
    2011 KTM 300 XC

I have access to manuals like those ines already. I guess I'm asking are there repair manuals that give you a bit of a step by step process?? How to pull apart and how to put back together

Can anyone help me with buying some proper repair manuals??

You will have to keep looking and see how each of the repair manuals are elaborated. Haynes do it one way, Chilton similar but not the same and the same goes for KTM. By doing that maybe you get to a point where you find one with enough specifics for you.

For example I used my 1991 repair manual two weeks ago because I was working on my engine. Specifically removing the piston. At one point they say now remove the pin and piston. They don't say how and I don't think there's a KTM manual that will. Some minor but important details are not there. Tricks of the trade. Someone will have to teach you or you learn the hard way. Coming in here will help. Not everything is in there and that goes for all areas. However, the specs are all there, all.

Sometimes you get lucky to find a section like the one related to bleeding the front brake assembly. That one is complete and was very useful for me. Probably I wouldn't get to that method without the manual. And it works great.

1986 KTM 500 MXC (Sold)
    2011 KTM 300 XC

Im looking for the workshop or service manual for a 14 200xcw? I want a "ktm" one? Is a ebay one same as the official one?
    20 300 XC-W

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456