Page 1 of 68 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Midwest Mountain Engineering (Clutch Lever)

I purchased several of the pre production Midwest Mountain Engineering Clutch levers last week, both the Brembo Lever and the Magura lever, and had a chance to ride with them this last weekend. My son and I were riding with the Brembo Levers and I installed the Magura lever on a friendís bike for him to try.

The lever is well made and very short and helps to provide plenty room for one and two finger setups. The lever certainly reduces the pull force, a lot, although I have no instruments to measure the actual difference. To me it feels like it lives up to the claims.

I set all of the levers positions up for two finger operation and never noticed any fatigue in my clutch hand. Neither my son nor the friend had problems either. When ask both had nothing but positive comments and when I ask about hand fatigue they just shook their heads and said not an issue at all.

My son rode just over 50 miles in a Turkey Run but my ride was cut short due to a bike related issue not related to the lever. My friend was on a different ride for two days in a different location.

Due to my issues I did not get as much time with the lever as anticipated but was very pleased with the pull action and the extra room provided on the clutch side hand grip.

For you guys looking for a full length lever with a lighter pull, this is not the lever for you. It is just not long enough.

For those of you that like a one or two finger lever this is the ticket. The reduce pull allows for easy operation without the leverage of the full length lever. Adjustments are nice and easy.

Bikes tested:
    09 KTM TR 350 XC-FW (with heaver clutch springs)
    08 KTM 450 EXC
    07 KTM 200 XCW

One note about a comment I saw in one of the post; the feel is not like the loose feel you get with a Rekluse clutch where it feels like the clutch lever is not doing anything. It still have a nice positive feel with plenty of resistance.

user posted image

user posted image
    Stan

2009 250 XC-FW (TR 350), 2008 250 XC-F (TR 320), 2008 450 EXC R (son's ride)
    2009 Ducati Multistrada S, 2003 Aprilia Tuono
    2008 Victory Hammer (Orange, Black and White with lots of bling)
    2007 BMW K1200LT
    LATEST BUILD PROJECT 2006 525 EXC to 613cc for a 2012 run of the TAT

My dog likes strangers; he thinks they taste just like chicken.

If it isn't broken take it apart and find out why.

Why the heck do I have to press #1 for english?

2.    Sponsored Links

LOGIN AND CLICK THE SHOP ONLINE LINK FOR THE DISCOUNT

How can i get one,the website goes nowhere
    07 300 xc-w

Lifetime Team KTMTalk

When I have more to sell I will place an ad in the KTMtalk classified section. My website is sorely lacking but my e-mail is on the front page if you have any questions.
    Or you can send me a PM.

Thanks,
    Leverman (Steve)

Hi Leverman welcome to ktmtalk. Looks like a really nice piece, I like how flat and wide the blade is. You will sell these I am sure. What is the patent all about that is pending? Not looking for trade secrets just wondering what could be a new idea in lever design that hasn't been done already? Tell us more! I haven't yet brought my newest and latest ride home yet but pretty sure I want to put your levers on it.
    '11 300xc
    '07 450 exc-stolen in Brazil by Rock and Roll Motorsports
    in Laurel de Frietas, Salvador Bahia.
    '05 525 exc.... sold!
    '00 200 exc-sold
    '99 400wr-threw in the river

Very prompt delivery. Sturdy construction and a nice looking piece. Brilliant idea that reduces pull noticably. It will be a few weeks before I'm able to ride with it.
    2011 3ooxc
    2013 450xcw

KTMTalk Member
    Images

I bought mine last week had a few questions very prompt reply and quick delivery. I had no trouble installing it and fit perfect It was much easier to pull and I really liked the shape and the ridges gave a very secure feel. I love shorty levers, I like to use 1 finger so I move the mount really far towards the middle of the handlebar so I can reach it easily and pull it in without hitting my other fingers. I highly recommend the Midwest Mountain Engineering easy pull lever and cannot wait to buy their brake lever when they come available.

Lifetime Team KTMTalk

QUOTE (shiftpro @ Sep 3 2010, 02:16 PM)
    Hi Leverman welcome to ktmtalk. Looks like  a really nice piece, I like how flat and wide the blade is. You will sell these I am sure. What is the patent all about that is pending? Not looking for trade secrets just wondering what could be a new idea in lever design that hasn't been done already? Tell us more! I haven't yet brought my newest and latest ride home yet but pretty sure I want to put your levers on it.

Thanks for the welcome to ktmtalk. This site has been invaluable to me. There is a lot of knowledgeable riders out there willing to talk and share experiences. I have met a host of cool people. Thanks also for the complement on the looks of the lever.

The patent pending will be fully disclosed when the patent is issued, sorry but to answer your question directly would be premature. You can however buy one and figure it out for your self

All I can say about what is new in this lever design is that it reduces the clutch pull force without compromising sensitivity to feel the modulation in power delivery. Secondarily the lever is a "shorty" style so you can control the clutch with a one or two finger grip without crushing your pinky and ring fingers.

Steve

Lifetime Team KTMTalk

I'm always a sucker for new products, and will be trying your levers next.
    How do you like the Offroad Highway set-up? Is the mirror fully adjustable?
    Sturdy? Big enough to actually SEE behind for street use?
    '13 500 EXC
    '02 520 EXC
    96 550 MXC(bought it back)
    84 CR500(sold)
    96 POLARIS 1160 w/162" TRACK
    76 CJ7

QUOTE (HARDHILL @ Sep 7 2010, 07:58 AM)
    I'm always a sucker for new products, and will be trying your levers next.
    How do you like the Offroad Highway set-up? Is the mirror fully adjustable?
    Sturdy? Big enough to actually SEE behind for street use?

Don't be a sucker, be a wise consumer. The leavers work really well!

There is a thread on the Highway DirtBike system in this forum. Link

The mirrors don't really have any adjustment up and down once tightened in place but have plenty of adjustment left and right. There is plenty of up/ down adjustment before tightening.

Yes sturdy.

Yes big enough to see behind you.
    Stan

2009 250 XC-FW (TR 350), 2008 250 XC-F (TR 320), 2008 450 EXC R (son's ride)
    2009 Ducati Multistrada S, 2003 Aprilia Tuono
    2008 Victory Hammer (Orange, Black and White with lots of bling)
    2007 BMW K1200LT
    LATEST BUILD PROJECT 2006 525 EXC to 613cc for a 2012 run of the TAT

My dog likes strangers; he thinks they taste just like chicken.

If it isn't broken take it apart and find out why.

Why the heck do I have to press #1 for english?

So, what are the prices? Are you setting up dealers?
    CrazyTed
    2015 Husqvarna FE350
    '18 Indian Roadmaster Elite 116
    VCHSS #314 40+A
    Virginia Beach, VA

Page 1 of 68 123451151 ... LastLast