Page 2 of 68 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: Midwest Mountain Engineering (Clutch Lever)

Userid

I can't wait for mine! I suffer from trigger finger on my left middle finger which is my clutch finger. hoping that this product might releive it or the hand pain.
    2012 300XC

Userid

Heading out to give it another try this weekend. I have on 2 bikes other than mine and my son's bikes to get the impressions of a couple of additional riders. I will post their thoughts early next week.
    Stan

2009 250 XC-FW (TR 350), 2008 250 XC-F (TR 320), 2008 450 EXC R (son's ride)
    2009 Ducati Multistrada S, 2003 Aprilia Tuono
    2008 Victory Hammer (Orange, Black and White with lots of bling)
    2007 BMW K1200LT
    LATEST BUILD PROJECT 2006 525 EXC to 613cc for a 2012 run of the TAT

My dog likes strangers; he thinks they taste just like chicken.

If it isn't broken take it apart and find out why.

Why the heck do I have to press #1 for english?

KTMTalk Member
    Userid

QUOTE (Leverman @ Sep 6 2010, 09:25 PM)
    QUOTE (shiftpro @ Sep 3 2010, 02:16 PM)
    Hi Leverman welcome to ktmtalk. Looks like a really nice piece, I like how flat and wide the blade is. You will sell these I am sure. What is the patent all about that is pending? Not looking for trade secrets just wondering what could be a new idea in lever design that hasn't been done already? Tell us more! I haven't yet brought my newest and latest ride home yet but pretty sure I want to put your levers on it.

Thanks for the welcome to ktmtalk. This site has been invaluable to me. There is a lot of knowledgeable riders out there willing to talk and share experiences. I have met a host of cool people. Thanks also for the complement on the looks of the lever.

The patent pending will be fully disclosed when the patent is issued, sorry but to answer your question directly would be premature. You can however buy one and figure it out for your self

All I can say about what is new in this lever design is that it reduces the clutch pull force without compromising sensitivity to feel the modulation in power delivery. Secondarily the lever is a "shorty" style so you can control the clutch with a one or two finger grip without crushing your pinky and ring fingers.

Steve

Steve,

Please keep us informed of when these are available. Been watching the classifieds but have not yet seen them advertised. I'm waitin'!
    CrossPower Racing #316

"For God loved the world so much that He gave His only Son, so that whoever believes in him, will not perish but have eternal life". John 3:16

Lifetime Team KTMTalk
    Userid

I will have the last of the preproduction leftover parts available next week. Than production will start in the next few weeks and I will be selling to those lucky riders who live in the southern part of the country that get to ride longer than us in the frozen north. (I hate this time of year). Its been a choice between working on the production line or having the oddball parts made to sell individual levers.

I am going to be advertising on ktmtalk and selling them through the classified section of this web site and on my own website. The price will be posted on the classified ad and may change when I get the production line humming along. It depends on the true cost of manufacturing and the supply/demand curve whether the price goes up or comes down. Hopefully down will be the trend. That will indicate that the production cost is low, the demand is high and life is good.

Thanks to all you guys making positive comments about this product. Please don't hesitate to tell me what could be better. I would like to make it the best lever out there.

Steve

Userid

Bought mine just in time to install before a half-day MX school. Very easy installation, easy adjustment, no problems with the KTM mx handguards I use. On the track it was a huge help, true one-finger precise clutch control. It does feel roughly half the pull of the stock lever. Until this, the lightest clutch pull on a full size bike I had felt was on one of Josh Grant's backup bikes at the High Point national. This is lighter, yet very positive. Easy to hold in for long periods with 2 fingers. Highly recommended.
    2017 450 SX-F bought new from Munn
    2008 CRF450R, Rekluse Core 3.0, Factory Connection revalve
    2002 250SX full MX-Tech suspension SOLD

long ago in another life:
    1982 Husky 250XC, bought new
    1976 Penton 250 MC5 bought in '78
    1974 Suzuki TM-125 bought in '77

Userid

QUOTE (JSS @ Sep 10 2010, 03:01 PM)
    Heading out to give it another try this weekend. I have on 2 bikes other than mine and my son's bikes to get the impressions of a couple of additional riders. I will post their thoughts early next week.

Well I managed to get 95 tough miles of use on the lever this weekend and I still feel the same about the lever. Without looking back I really like the light pull and ease of positioning the lever. My son also feels it is great.

As I mentioned I installed levers on two other bikes this weekend for friends to try and evaluate. One was a Brembo lever and the other was a Magura lever. Both guys fell in love with them. One ask if he could buy the lever from me and the other guy chimed in a d said "me too". Unfortunately these levers belong on my bikes but I did promise one of the guys that he could use it next weekend on a Turkey Run.

Nothing but positive comments from the crowd!
    Stan

2007 BMW K1200LT

KTMTalk Member
    Userid

Well I seen the ad in the classifieds and ordered one too ! Can't wait to put it on and see if it is as light as pull as a Gas Gas. popcorn.gif

KTMTalk Member
    Userid

QUOTE (Weldit @ Sep 21 2010, 12:04 AM)
    Well I seen the ad in the classifieds and ordered one too ! Can't wait to put it on and see if it is as light as pull as a Gas Gas. popcorn.gif

Where did you find it in classifieds? I want one!
    '03 450exc
    '05 H-D Fatboy Firefighter Special
    '74 Hodaka Dirt Squirt
    "You don't quit ridin' cause you get old, you get old cause you quit ridin'."

Userid

I've been running one on my 2010 250XC for a few months now and love it. I met Steve at a trail ride in MN and he let a group of us test it out for the weekend. Steve then sent me one to test for him and I probably have 300 miles on mine and I've done everything, MX, SX, HS, Enduro and a GP last weekend and have had zero problems with the lever.

The lever really does reduce the lever pull and is really comfortable. What is really nice is the adjustablilty of the lever. I'm sure that is some of the patent stuff because there is more adjustability then a stock lever.

And to top it off Steve has been great to work with. Very professional with his follow up to my testing and my feedback I've provided back to him.

Userid

QUOTE (mthump @ Sep 21 2010, 09:25 PM)
    QUOTE (Weldit @ Sep 21 2010, 12:04 AM)
    Well I seen the ad in the classifieds and ordered one too !  Can't wait to put it on and see if it is as light as pull as a Gas Gas.  popcorn.gif

Where did you find it in classifieds? I want one!

I thought I saw two of them last week but I only see one of them as sold. I am either imagining the second one or it evaporated.
    Stan

2007 BMW K1200LT

Page 2 of 68 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast