Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: What do you ladies ride? ()

Default Re: What do you ladies ride? ()

I had a bike lowered internally also but found it to be to much of a compromise. I was constantly banging, bottoming on rocks, ledges, etc. without the full stock length of travel....too aggressive for a lowered bike I guess so I went back to stock length of travel.
    If it works for her that's great.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! What an incredible ride!"
    '14 250XCW
    '05 200EXC
    '01 300MXC
    '84 250MXC
    ...and a few Yamaha IT's
    The United States Constitution 1791. All Rights Reserved.

2.    Sponsored Links

LOGIN AND CLICK THE SHOP ONLINE LINK FOR THE DISCOUNT

2019 Husqvarna FE 250...lowered 2" with Motolab lowering kit. I'm 5'1" with about a 30" inseam, and can touch just enough to dab when I need to, and can roll to a stop and put my feet (well, toes, anyway) and am fairly stable. No problem mounting/dismounting. I had tried a 150 XC-W a couple years ago, without a lowering kit, and broke my collar bone the 2nd time out. I was just not comfortable or confident at all without being able to touch the ground. Being able to put toes down (when you're a novice rider, anyway) does wonders for your comfort and confidence...two very important factors for me when riding. The four-stroke has smooth power and is a little more forgiving and not as zingy as a two-stroke. And I don't see any double jumps in my future, so the suspension is perfect for me. May not be as good for you fast girls out there, but it's great for us slower gals who love to trail ride.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Husky Lowered.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	31130

Love my KTM 200 xcw. Lowered suspension and shaved the seat down to about nada. (Who sits while riding rocks anyway?) I'm not super fast but love getting out and cruising it around the mountains.
    Get Outside!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567