Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930

Thread: Lets build a do it all YZ 250

KTMTalk Member

Default Re: Lets build a do it all YZ 250

Thanks for that OR, it was a great read. If I'm correct he went to Yamaha and took the Maico fork with him.
    Glenn
    '20 Yamaha YZ250FX
    '13 Beta 250RR Racing

2.    Sponsored Links

LOGIN AND CLICK THE SHOP ONLINE LINK FOR THE DISCOUNT

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GMP View Post
    Thanks for that OR, it was a great read. If I'm correct he went to Yamaha and took the Maico fork with him.
    Yes, he did take the Maico fork with him, he hated the Yamaha fork. Unfortunately he and the Yamaha`s did not work well together. I was doing R&D for Don Jones and Yamaha at that time and i ended up with one of his OW Yamaha`s.

Yamaha has been testing a completely new FX here in Cali. for the last 3 years and it was supposed to be coming in 2021 now i see it as being years away.

KTMTalk Member

Quote Originally Posted by orange rider View Post
    Yes, he did take the Maico fork with him, he hated the Yamaha fork. Unfortunately he and the Yamaha`s did not work well together. I was doing R&D for Don Jones and Yamaha at that time and i ended up with one of his OW Yamaha`s.

Yamaha has been testing a completely new FX here in Cali. for the last 3 years and it was supposed to be coming in 2021 now i see it as being years away.
    Yeah I remember that was a failed relationship, I don't remember where he went next though. ???

New '21 FX? Kind of breaks the Yamaha trend as the '20 250FX is semi new, considering its mostly a '19 YZF. I like mine so far, a bit too stiff for the masses but almost dialed in and its a nice 250F for the woods.

Got a bit OT but thanks again.
    Glenn
    '20 Yamaha YZ250FX
    '13 Beta 250RR Racing

Quote Originally Posted by orange rider View Post

You seem to have some inside knowledge, do you think Yamaha will have a modern yz250x with a counterbalanced motor, 6 speed, hyd. clutch, etc. ? How about a wr350f ?
    Do you think any of the Japanese mfg. will ever go back to steel frames ?
    2012 yz250

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MojoRooster View Post
    You seem to have some inside knowledge, do you think Yamaha will have a modern yz250x with a counterbalanced motor, 6 speed, hyd. clutch, etc. ? How about a wr350f ?
    Do you think any of the Japanese mfg. will ever go back to steel frames ?
    The Japanese industry is very unique, a manufacture such as Yamaha might want to make changes to their line up but nothing goes into production unless it`s approved by the bank of Japan. Bottom line is that if a product is selling and a profit is being made the bank does not see the need for change even if it means improving the product. This is why you see decades old designs being sold to this day. Japan is in a recession and has been in one since the big earthquake a decade ago.

Honda and Yamaha do have steel frame bikes that have been built by their R&D teams, Yamaha has had a steel framed FX here in Cali for a couple of years, Honda has been testing them in Europe for a decade, if it was in their power all of their bikes would be steel framed but steel from a manufacturing point of view costs 5x as much as aluminum. Honda shot themselves in the foot with the aluminum framed CR once the bank of Japan saw the savings as opposed to steel there was no going back. The Honda designers to this day will admit in private that aluminum frames are a mistake for dirt bike use.

We are lucky to still be getting the YZ and i do not see many changes.

Here is a good read for 2t fans maybe Yamaha could learn something, notice the rear exhaust.
    http://www.elsberg-tuning.dk/monark....x04Drb97aBWAOo

KTMTalk Member
    Images

Rotary valve makes that exhaust easy.

Lifetime Team KTMTalk

I saw Ake Jonsson destroy the field at a Trans-AMA race in St. Peterís, MO in 1972, Iíll never forget it. The kocaof the track is probably a strip mall now.
    "Without motorcycles, people live very boring lives."--Malcolm Smith.

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930