Page 1 of 38 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Forum Rules - All New Members Read

Userid
    Blog Entries
    Images

As a new member at KTMTalk, there are some limitations as to what you can do and what you cannot do.

Before we start though - KTMTalk is a NO-NONSENSE FORUM - there is a STRICT "NO BASHING, NO FLAMING" rule here at KTMtalk - if you find the need to start attacking somone on a personal basis, your posting privledges will be suspended without warning.

1. You will NOT be able to post anything NEW in the for-sale categories. Why? Because we had people signing up just so they could list their bikes for sale and then never coming back - not even to read the replies from others that were interested in their bike. Even though you cannot post something NEW, you can reply to existing posts.

2. You will NOT be able to upload a personal avatar. Why? No real reason - it's just a rule that was recommended and that we adopted. It's kind of like a reward for being here more than a day or so.

3. You will NOT be able to send a private message (PM) or send an email to any member. Why? We do this to protect the members - spammers were coming to the site and immediately started spamming other members. This also applies to being able to look up a member - as a new member, you will not be able to view any other members personal info. If you are interested in something they have posted, reply to their post and they will decide if they want to communicate with you.

4. If you are a dealer, you may NOT spam - you may reply to threads where people have asked about your products, but creating a new topic just to spam is not allowed.

Once you have posted approximately 10 messages or replies, your "New Member" status will change and then you will have full privledges.

Other things: Before posting in ANY area - be sure to read the description of that particular category. For example, if you post a for-sale message in the General area, don't be surprised if you come back later to find that it has been deleted.

This particular area (KTMTalk Newbies) is for telling us about yourself.

There is another area called "How Do I" - it is not where you ask how to jet a bike, it's for asking how to do things at KTMTalk, how to use the site. If you don't know how to do something here at KTMTalk, look in the "How Do I" section first for the answer.

Menu Items at the top of every page.

KTM Parts - Find and order parts, hard equipment, etc at a 15% discount. All orders get sent to an authorized KTM dealer that has consistently demonstrated good support - their name will be obvious when you go to the link.

Get-a-Quote - If you are trying to find a part or even a whole bike, use this feature - your request will get sent out to about 50 KTM dealers and you'll see their reponse and quotes.

KTM Dealers - if you are trying to locate a dealer, this is the place to go - all dealers, searchable by state, by city, etc. If the dealer has a wesbite or an email address, you'll be able to contact the dealer directly.

Photo Gallery - Upload your pictures of your bikes, your kids, or whatever. There is a link to a tutorial showing how to resize a picture so it's not 15 screens wide, or so that it doesn't take 3 days to download so that others can see it.

KTMTalk Chat - Live chat with other members - sometimes a very busy place, other times "no one is home".

KTMTalk Stolen Bike Database - if you have lost a bike, list it here - the info on your bike will be sent to hundreds of KTM dealers.

Bored? - A few mindless games to help pass the time. Nothing like the quality of whats available elsewhere but none-the-less, a place to go if you are bored.

Enjoy your time at KTMTalk - a lot of work has been done by a lot of people to help you enjoy your KTM and at the same time, maybe learn a little about your bike.

-pat-
    Admin
    aka TooOld
    Owner, creator, KtmTalk.com

2.    Sponsored Links

LOGIN AND CLICK THE SHOP ONLINE LINK FOR THE DISCOUNT

Userid

Pat,
    Thanx for always keeping us up to date, and in line. Merry Christmas thumb.gif
    Race fuel $mells $o $weet

Userid
    Blog Entries
    Images

Not really trying to keep everyone in line, I just get so tired of answering the same question over and over and over again...

And even with this post, the same stuff in the Forum Rules, and the New Member signup, and the other posts in the How Do I section, I'll bet you a gallon of pre-mix, that before the week is out, someone will want to know why they cannot post in the 4-sale category.

Userid

A gallon of premix! I'll take VPC12, or maybe 100ll with..... lets see, anyone have any preferences on premix oil???Actually don't mix it, send the oil in the container( unopened please) hihi.gif ........and just why can't I sell my bike right here!!!
    SEE, WE DO NEED SOMEONE TO KEEP US IN LINE.

You're on, I'm good for a gallon of premix.
    idea.gif

Userid
    Blog Entries
    Images

You can bring the premix with you to the KTMTalk get-together...

KTMTalk Member
    Userid

Ah, now I see how dumb I was. Being a surgeon, I'm
    not used to reading instructions before I turn on the
    equipment.

later, barry

Userid
    Blog Entries
    Images

QUOTE (docgonzo @ Dec 24 2003, 02:36 PM)
    Ah, now I see how dumb I was. Being a surgeon, I'm
    not used to reading instructions before I turn on the
    equipment.

later, barry

don't worry about it... at least you were polite in the emails.

Userid
    Blog Entries
    Images

QUOTE (lovethesmell @ Dec 22 2003, 04:44 PM)
    A gallon of premix! I'll take VPC12, or maybe 100ll with..... lets see, anyone have any preferences on premix oil???Actually don't mix it, send the oil in the container( unopened please) hihi.gif ........and just why can't I sell my bike right here!!!
    SEE, WE DO NEED SOMEONE TO KEEP US IN LINE.

You're on, I'm good for a gallon of premix.
    idea.gif

re: my email to you... does this mean that you now owe me TWO cases (for two in one day)?

Userid

No! frustrated.gif
    You didn't read the fine print, only one (1) gallon. Actually it will be four liters, Cdn. eh! I've been trying bacon fat hihi.gif for premix for winter riding, so far so good, and its smells great!!! 2thumbs.gif
    Merry Christmas all!
    lovethesmell

Userid

So sorry Pat, who knew to look here. Thanks though, I'm glade you live in TX, otherwise I'd buy you that gallon of pre-mix.

Thanks Ken bath.gif

Page 1 of 38 1234511 ... LastLast