Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Freeride 250F

Images

Default 2018 Freeride 250F

http://enduro21.com/index.php/40-gen...freeride-250-f

I wonder what these actually weigh compared to the 250R. It says under 99kg so approx 218lbs and dirt rider lists the 250R @ 202 dry. We have a 250R for my wife and I would imagine she would really like the 250F power delivery.
    19 300XC

2.    Sponsored Links

LOGIN AND CLICK THE SHOP ONLINE LINK FOR THE DISCOUNT

Default Re: 2018 Freeride 250F

New forks, but still the formula brakes... really KTM?

Images

says 98.5kg
    https://youtu.be/y3JDD2WqaP8<-- my new video. updated 10/30/17
    12 ktm 300 xc-w
    (previous bikes)
    91 kawasaki kdx 250
    01 ktm 300 exc

I'm assuming at this point that it's not coming to the USA for 2018. Does anyone have reason to think otherwise?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by 01ktm300exc View Post
    says 98.5kg
    LOL guess I didn't scroll down far enough. DOH!
    19 300XC

This will be the most coveted bike on the planet.
    My predictions are that harescrambles will soon lose popularity with riders going after the soon to be more popular enduro races, for ametures, with many opting to ride in extreme enduro, as a challenge, not to win, not expecting to beat the pro's, but wanting to ride it as if it were an obstacle course. I see the movement already. The only hindrance I see is not everybody has the terrain to host an enduro race. You will soon see each manufacturer offer their version of the Freeride. Speed and power will no longer be the assumed wish list. It will be traction, lightweight, lower seat height. The Tennessee Knockout, for example. Very popular now. Very few expecting to win or place highly, they just want to ride the qualifying trail. The KTM Freeride soon to be competition, will try their best to keep the same weight while offering a bigger bore, as a selling point. It may not work. Extreme Enduro riders know that traction trumps power. Would love to have one. I know everyone here loves their 230 for different reasons, of which I think can be summed up by "smooth power delivery". But I expect the big manufactures will soon all have a smooth power delivery bike version. And the bigger bikes, will soon have "traction" mapping
    Last edited by 1gr8bldr; 09-12-2017 at 05:25 PM.

Pass me some of whatever you're smokin. Most guys just wanna do wheelies in the parking lot.
    Traction control will be coming along though, it already exists but just hasn't been adapted to dirt bikes yet.

Check out KTM blog:
    https://blog.ktm.com/sharpening-the-...ride-goes-250/

According to the post, now we have traction control and a derestricted version. They claimed lighter chassis, but I find it hard to believe. Weight savings from the engine and battery alone should be more than the claimed benefits.
    In my opinion, they screwed big by not increasing the fuel tank size. That could have made me a customer. I am sticking with the old model for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Moto Vita View Post
    I'm assuming at this point that it's not coming to the USA for 2018. Does anyone have reason to think otherwise?
    Yes, I have reason to think otherwise. Can't wait to get one! Love the 350. Hope the 250 is just as good or better.
    2013 EXC 500
    2016 Beta 300rr

Quote Originally Posted by 1gr8bldr View Post
    This will be the most coveted bike on the planet.
    My predictions are that harescrambles will soon lose popularity with riders going after the soon to be more popular enduro races, for ametures, with many opting to ride in extreme enduro, as a challenge, not to win, not expecting to beat the pro's, but wanting to ride it as if it were an obstacle course. I see the movement already. The only hindrance I see is not everybody has the terrain to host an enduro race. You will soon see each manufacturer offer their version of the Freeride. Speed and power will no longer be the assumed wish list. It will be traction, lightweight, lower seat height. The Tennessee Knockout, for example. Very popular now. Very few expecting to win or place highly, they just want to ride the qualifying trail. The KTM Freeride soon to be competition, will try their best to keep the same weight while offering a bigger bore, as a selling point. It may not work. Extreme Enduro riders know that traction trumps power. Would love to have one. I know everyone here loves their 230 for different reasons, of which I think can be summed up by "smooth power delivery". But I expect the big manufactures will soon all have a smooth power delivery bike version. And the bigger bikes, will soon have "traction" mapping
    Quote Originally Posted by Moto Vita View Post
    Pass me some of whatever you're smokin. Most guys just wanna do wheelies in the parking lot.
    Traction control will be coming along though, it already exists but just hasn't been adapted to dirt bikes yet.
    It's just a prediction of mine.... but watch.... and see.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast