Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: Any riders on KETO?

Default Re: Any riders on KETO?

Interesting read! I have been off sugar for about 2 years. I had a sweet tooth since I was a kid. As a adult my sugar intake was mostly from late night sugary snacks like cookies and cakes. Not a candy or soda guy.

I retired about 4 years ago and spending more time around the house. My wife started to make cakes and cookies for me and I ate them! My CHOLESTEROL spiked at my next physical. I was SURPRISED my cholesterol shot up from 185 to 229.

I sat in my Dr.'s office scatching my head and we tried to figure out what could have caused the elevated cholesterol? I told him I eat plenty of fresh fruits and veggies along with regular exercise...then I said "I do have a sweet tooth"

He said "that's it"!! New studies have shown a link between sugar intake and your Liver producing fat in the form of Cholesterol! I stopped eating the cake and cookies and Bingo at my next yearly physical I was back at 185 total cholesterol.

Just another added benefit from getting off the sugar. I did loose about 8 pounds but being overweight was never a issue.
    18 TE 300 - The reverse creamsicle White on the outside Orange on the inside
    ORANGE THE NEW PRIMARY COLOR!
    Doug Henry is, was and always will be THE MAN!
    Pathfinders MC, NETRA

2.    Sponsored Links

LOGIN AND CLICK THE SHOP ONLINE LINK FOR THE DISCOUNT

Quote Originally Posted by tujacov View Post
    Is it possible to have some 'cheat days' from not carb eating and still be on ketosis? Could I do it like twice per week, once per week or I cannot do it ever? I started keto already few times for a week or so, but then just cannot go on and quit. I just miss too much cheesburgers, pasta, bread, stuff like that. I stopped eating sugar like a month ago and this is already making my life sad
    It all depends on how healthy you choose to be. If you keep eating a lot of sugar chances are you will have some health issues later in life.
    I've read that sugar addition is worst than Crack. That is why the food manufactures put high frutose corn syrup in practically everything. The sugar added makes you eat more and crave the food more. We have also been programmed thru TV commercials to eat processed foods. Its all about the Money!
    I've been back and forth with eating keto I think it is a great idea overall especially if you are having digestive or sugar related issues. Like posted above Eat Real Food no processed foods. I'm 57 yrs old and I easily drop 8-10 lbs in less than a month around my waist every time I cut out bread and pasta and that is pretty much all the extra weight I have on me.

Also if you think your doctor will help you if you ask you will find most doctors haven't had any training about foods to tell people how to eat to fix health issues they are having. This mainly because the drug companies pour big money into colleges pushing drugs as the fix all for every aliment. So don't count on your doctor to suggest changing eating habits they usually just prescribe a pill. Again it's all about the Money!

Sorry I got a little off topic...

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Story870 View Post

Also if you think your doctor will help you if you ask you will find most doctors haven't had any training about foods to tell people how to eat to fix health issues they are having. This mainly because the drug companies pour big money into colleges pushing drugs as the fix all for every aliment. So don't count on your doctor to suggest changing eating habits they usually just prescribe a pill. Again it's all about the Money!
    This part 100%. The Dr has a script just like when you call the cable or phone support #.
    Keto and / or real food info is not in the script.

I mentioned to my Dr I did Keto to loose weight, she replied "I see you lost a few pounds".
    I lost 47 pounds in 5 months!
    Enduro Riders Association http://aces-races.com
    Current bikes.
    15 350 xcf-w 6 days
    14 350 xcf-w
    15 250 xcf-w Sons bike

I saw a comment I found intriguing that throughout human evolution, saying no to food has never been an issue until very recent time.

Lifetime Team KTMTalk

A cousin of mine had a young child that started having seizures, she was put on a Keto diet and cleared up completely. Not sure who prescribed/suggested the Keto. Beautiful little girl seemingly perfectly healthy now.

Images

I'm no one to really talk as I just ate 2 scoops of Blue Bell Dutch choc ice cream...but there's so much crap in processed food.
    You are what you do when it counts ― John Steakley, Armor

Plank owner, Wyatt's Torch Maintenance Department.

Accept failure as inevitable and it will be.

Images

After my recent Heart attack, I came onboard with the Sugar is Evil crowd and cut all Sugar and dropped Carbs to around 50 to 100. I went from 155 to 138 and have kept it there for 2 months. I feel better than I have for years! Once I accepted that sugar was causing inflamed arteries and the plaque was a defensive response to that rather than LDL being the culprit, I viewed sugar as Death! I have eaten like a Kid my whole life and since I was slender and worked hard I thought I was immune to stuff......Wrong! 99% blocked in my LAD and 90 and 80 in two more= Widowmaker. I have to pay for my Sins with a shorter Life, but I am trying my best to eat right and get what I can before I go. Problems that seemed like a big deal take on a different level once You just miss checking out! I am learning to cook and make low carb and KETO style foods and even made some KETO Peanut Butter cookies that were not bad. I am shocked at how easy it is to see all the junk in the fridge and cupboard that my Wife still has and I don't even have the urge to eat it now?!

Images

I'm not one to push something, you can be very healthy eating carbs, the right kind but it sure is easy to be Keto. I went riding today, ate 3 fried eggs and some sausage at 7am, a can of sardines at noon and now it's 615pm and I keep thinking I should eat super.

When I used Carbs for fuel I would have a massive headache from blood sugar crash if I went that long eating only that.
    Enduro Riders Association http://aces-races.com
    Current bikes.
    15 350 xcf-w 6 days
    14 350 xcf-w
    15 250 xcf-w Sons bike

Images

Anyone do the one meal a day thing? A few days a week I have coffee for breakfast and a meal at 3pm and that's it.

Lifetime Team KTMTalk

Quote Originally Posted by KTM64 View Post
    Anyone do the one meal a day thing? A few days a week I have coffee for breakfast and a meal at 3pm and that's it.
    One "real" meal a day is pretty much my routine. I snack on a piece of fruit, nuts. etc. I also drink a Boost protein drink before going to bed so I don't lie there feeling hungry. No way I can go to sleep if hungry.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast