Quote Originally Posted by STIC Fuel Systems View Post

For a 500
    52 pilot
    NECK clip1
    198 (not a 200... must be a 198)

Thanks, sand300
    For those wanting to contact me email at cogdon47@hotmail.com
    Hi George,

I have found that the above setup does also work on my 300 (with the 114 tube, 7.0 slide). I have discussed this with Sand300, he agreed that the setup does work on a 300 but he preferred the NECJ needle and 205 MJ because it was slightly less likely to 'spin up' the rear wheel. With the above setup which I prefer you do have to be careful with the throttle in the mid RPM range as it will light up the tyre. (I might live to regret sticking with this setup!) I am also working on the 113A setup at the moment, just waiting for a new rear sprocket!

2.    Sponsored Links

LOGIN AND CLICK THE SHOP ONLINE LINK FOR THE DISCOUNT

Userid

Default Re: STIC jetting thread:

Sent George an email About an hour ago requesting the new outer spring for longer fuel screw - He’s sending it out today - totally quick response - On another note I posted earlier about my initial impressions when I installed the Stic on my 2004 ktm 200exc - Still loving it - If you’re thinking about getting one just do it - Can’t say enough about how it added a f***load of usable torque and power - Check out the links Gorge posted on the YZ125 - I’m as impressed with the Stic as the guy with the YZ125

Quote Originally Posted by STIC Fuel Systems View Post
    Newsletter # 29

Better air screw retainment when running 3 to 4 turns out. In our effort to continuously upgrade our product, we will be sending each distributorship network an initial supply of the new outer spring utilized with the use of the longer inner spring when utilizing the longer air screw. This setup will consist of two springs, an inner and outer spring. We suggest you check your orders and supply your customers with the new spring combination. For other STIC customers, contact by email vortex@sticfuel.us with your shipping address for the free upgrade. For those STIC customers that have the regular stock air screw, we will also send you the longer inner spring for you at (no-charge). All new orders for the longer air screw will include the inner and outer springs.Attachment 39613
    04 200exc - showa’s, STIC

KTMTalk Member
    Userid

Newsletter #31

Bryan Cogdon (sand300) is a believer in what STIC has always contended; there is a threshold (tipping point) where the larger jet will run leaner and cleaner on the low end when using the STIC metering system. Back in the day, (I am now old enough to say that); there is a transition point where the larger main jet and larger pilot takes more differential pressure drop to lift the fuel through the larger jet opening. The analogy is similar to trying to drink a cold drink through a one-inch straw versus a ¼ inch straw, noting the pressure acting on the surface of your drink is the same.

Bryan Cogdon cogdon47@hotmail.com
    Thu 8/13/2020 2:57 PM
    To:
    Vortex@sticfuel.us

Hi George, yes, its Ok

https://bannedcr500riders.com

A lot of people log into the message boards just for info. I will post on the Honda ThumperTalk page too. I honestly do not understand why more people are not using the syphon break method to jet the STIC. It works amazingly well. After comparing it to the competition (bear in mind the billet SmartCarb and power cdi have been developed together and retails at over £1700 UK prices). It makes the purchase price of the STIC a bargain. The STIC is definitely the winner in performance. My friend was running a STIC and it was running rich low down as he was using a 190 main jet. I said I will fix this for you. I will fit a 198 main. he looked at me like I had lost my mind putting a bigger jet into it. Sure, enough with the bigger main fixed his low-down issues. I have done lots of testing with lots of needles. Personally, I always keep the 52 pilot on hand. The richer the needle the bigger main jet you need to balance it. so....

KTMTalk Member
    Userid

Newsletter #32

We are receiving Worldwide information on STIC jetting information. Due to this great input from Demi, Tractor, sidecarbod, sand300, Doc, James Dean (JD jetting), Mark (TOKYO Off Road) Derek Harris, Keith (KPR), CSAR, 2strokenut, flying dutchman 23, 200meister, and many others, and yes, even Kelsey, thanks for your critique, it makes us tougher in realizing there are conditions and opportunities that we will successfully address to advance our patents and the STIC to make it the best. Thanks to the aforementioned individuals and others for their devoted efforts, we have now come up with general settings that will place the carburetor in a great operating range for a variety of conditions and altitudes, with great performance right out of the box.

Some of the information from sidecarbod complained of richness at the bottom in the 1 % to 10 % of throttle movement, even though this was initially disheartening, it was unbelievably valuable, thanks Peter. This problem was corrected to some degree with the addition of the #7 and #8 slides. When sidecarbod (Peter), and Bryan (sand 300) from the same area (UK) got together, compared notes, the condition was corrected by a process called “siphon breaking.” As the public becomes more aware of the STIC’s unique features that are counterintuitive to conventional jetting procedures; there is a wealth of performance available to those willing to become familiar with the STIC methodology. I have attached several videos depicting that it is possible to have great performance with installations right out of the box where the STIC equipped metering systems and STIC equipped carburetors performed very well.

The other great products, JD jetting, SmartCarb, Lectron, Reed cages, wings, Exhaust systems, Heads, Intelajet, Thunder products, and others, require some degree of a general working knowledge of the systems to have maximum performance under all conditions. With that being said, we feel the STIC metering system is a great addition to things that add to your enjoyment and thrills.

Dirt N Iron 2020 YZ125 Trail (same Jetting as MX)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-0b57Lxyck&t=620s

Dirt N Iron 2020 YZ 125 MX Track

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9eNzk-5yq8&t=314s

125 STIC against Modified 125 without STIC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKC2owTm3LU&t=197s

KTM 300 New STIC carburetor out of the box, no adjustments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNkzUroFtVc&t=22s

Out with the stock and in with the STIC equipped carburetor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzlCeEEj7ro&t=56s
    Last edited by STIC Fuel Systems; Today at 12:21 PM.

Page 151 of 151 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151