Page 145 of 149 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148149 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 1482

Thread: STIC jetting thread:

KTMTalk Member
    Userid

Default Re: STIC jetting thread:

During the development and testing with the 113A and the 114A on engines ranging from 125 through 500, we have noted improved running quality (smoother), instant acceleration from any point, hitting the pipe earlier, and great over-rev. We have tested the stock Keihin, stock Keihin with JD Jetting, stock Mikuni, stock Mikuni with JD Jetting, noting that the addition of the JD Jetting improved both carburetors. Then we did back to back testing of the Keihin, and the Mikuni, all against the Keihin PWK with the STIC and JD jetting, the consensus all over the world has been the STIC JD jetting combination was the top performer. The STIC JD Combination also outperformed the KTM TPI. See the TOKYO Off-Road video. I have included a Dyno run conducted in the early stages of the STIC development; these were back to back using the 38mm PWK Keihin as the base line, after five successive runs, the STIC metering block was installed within 10 minutes and you can see the STIC equipped Keihin outperformed the Stock Keihin. Contact vortex@sticfuel.us for the dyno run,

TOKYO field test.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bv17qRAL1pI

Dirt n Iron testing the Keihin A/S 38mm (shorty 19E) with STIC, utilized the same jetting for the hill climb and the MX track tests, this carburetor from STIC, was jetted as follows; 6.5 slide, JD STIC Red needle (II II) fourth clip, 205 main and 50 jet. Air screw at 3 and ½ turns out, even though the jetting could have been optimized for different tests, there was no attempt to maximize the jetting. What this means, the STIC universal jetting works under a variety of scenarios. We at STIC congratulate Rado from Dirt N Iron for his effort in becoming familiar with this screaming hot 125, great job becoming accustom to a wicked STIC JD jetting equipped 125.

Trail climb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-0b57Lxyck

MX track

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9eNzk-5yq8&t=6s
    Last edited by STIC Fuel Systems; 08-01-2020 at 10:41 AM.

2.    Sponsored Links

LOGIN AND CLICK THE SHOP ONLINE LINK FOR THE DISCOUNT

Userid

Quote Originally Posted by andrew34 View Post
    Good post James. In your opinion, what are the advantages of the stic over a standard keihin?
    Andrew34,

I too have an 18 300 and 14 200.
    Being 230lbs in gear.
    I love my 300 but as I tire, it tries to bite me once in a while, I love it for trips with large hills. I was just trying to get a bit more out of my 200, which seems to now be my go to bike. I will tell you it transformed the power of the bike. Mid to upper revs, it will seem to go forever instantly regardless of the gear. Very much 250ish in that range. Low end seems about the same maybe a bit weaker, maybe? I definitely can ride it like my 300 if I wanted and just leave it third through the tight woods.
    It is the one mod I have done over the years that was very evident as far as performance. Next best improvement I ever really notice is cutting heads.
    Last edited by AMO; 08-01-2020 at 11:14 AM.
    ‘18 KTM 300 XCW
    '12 Husaberg 300 TE Woods Weapon 116 FOR SALE
    ’14 KTM 200 XCW
    '02 Husky 125 WR Buddy Bike and sold to my Buddy
    '06 KTM 300 XC gone
    '04 KTM 300 MXC sold
    '02 KTM 200 EXC sold
    '01 KTM 250 MXC sold
    '95 KDX 200 sold
    '89 KDX 200 sold
    '85 YZ 250 sold
    '82 RM 250 sold
    '80 DS 100 sold

KTMTalk Member
    Userid

Comparison dAttachment 39350yno runs are available contact vortex@sticfuel.us, or call direct at 715-479-7822

KTMTalk Member
    Userid

[QUOTE=200meister;5500663]
    Quote Originally Posted by Kels View Post

...throws shade, much. Now this seems to be getting down to it. Quite a gesture to acknowledge some sort of improvement, eh. /s In the minds of users, this may put into question Kels ability to differentiate performance changes. Just sayin'

It appears he prefers to understate, as opposed to overstate. Izzy British? Don't come at me, your lot!
    Understate, overstate..."lets call the whole thing off". Is this mic working...tap tap
    I never said this i am beng miss quoted pretty sure this is kels comment is below not mine dmills
    Originally Posted by dmills
    We did not have any issues with the block above the 1/4 throttle..Ran fine. Did not see big improvements over the stock block, but it was not worse like at the lower throttle positions.

Userid

[QUOTE=dmills;5500971]
    Quote Originally Posted by 200meister View Post

I never said this i am beng miss quoted pretty sure this is kels comment is below not mine dmills
    Originally Posted by dmills
    We did not have any issues with the block above the 1/4 throttle..Ran fine. Did not see big improvements over the stock block, but it was not worse like at the lower throttle positions.
    Meant for Kels, mate. Maybe the British reference pulled you in?
    04/06 200SX +Showa TC fork and STIC
    04 KX125 +STIC
    04 Scorpa SY250 ?STIC

Userid

Quote Originally Posted by AMO View Post
    Andrew34,

I too have an 18 300 and 14 200.
    Being 230lbs in gear.
    I love my 300 but as I tire, it tries to bite me once in a while, I love it for trips with large hills. I was just trying to get a bit more out of my 200, which seems to now be my go to bike. I will tell you it transformed the power of the bike. Mid to upper revs, it will seem to go forever instantly regardless of the gear. Very much 250ish in that range. Low end seems about the same maybe a bit weaker, maybe? I definitely can ride it like my 300 if I wanted and just leave it third through the tight woods.
    It is the one mod I have done over the years that was very evident as far as performance. Next best improvement I ever really notice is cutting heads.
    A 200 mj is what my 114a block came with, btw. Did I mention to you that I leaned the slide that came with the 38 carb? The cut-away might be about 7.5 now.
    It's not fire like the 114, but response and less clutching is an improvement over stock. The low end pulls clean, way way down. Unstoppable, is more your goal, than snap/hit, yes?
    Last edited by 200meister; 08-01-2020 at 08:02 PM.
    04/06 200SX +Showa TC fork and STIC
    04 KX125 +STIC
    04 Scorpa SY250 ?STIC

KTMTalk Member
    Userid

We cannot forget the sincere posting by QDRHRSE on page 108

https://ktmtalk.com/showthread.php?5...thread/page108

QDRHRSE:

Hi All. I haven't posted on KTM Talk in years but I feel compelled to share my experience with the STIC metering block. I cannot explain how it works but I can tell you its not snake oil. I bought a JD Jetting Keihin with the STIC installed and put it on my 2019 300 XC. I didn't have to do anything other than adjust the idle to get it to work. Initially, running it up and down the street I could feel the power increase but it seemed rich. Per the instructions I ignored my initial impression and just went riding without addressing what I perceived to be a really rich carb. All I can say is the last time a bike gave me the same sensation was in the 80's, as a kid, when I threw my leg over a 250 2 stroke for the first time. Its very hard to explain. Imagine the idea of what the perfect 2 stroke feels & runs like....that's how the STIC makes my 300. I'm so blown away by it that I'm having trouble articulating what it does. Without going on and on about it I can confidently say that it adds, rip, over-rev, bottom end, and allows you to ride your smoker like a 4 stroke but with immense throttle response in any gear. I literally rode my bike around in 3 & 4th most of the day like I would my FE501. It turned my great running 300 into something else completely. It revs like a small bore, has immense snap, and has power like an old school 500cc 2 stroke. You can literally pull the wheel up in any gear just by rolling the throttle. As long as your moving and buzzing it'll even do it in 6th. Its uncanny. I'm not so sure about the bike getting better fuel economy. I think the fuel savings is due to the fact that you can ride a gear, or 2, higher than you normally would and the bike isn't winding up and down as much. I typically ride anywhere between Bean Canyon and Bishop. The STIC worked flawlessly from 2500-6000 feet. As soon as the snow melts I'm going to hit Kennedy Meadows and ride up to 10K. There is nothing that you can buy that'll give you the same performance gains for the price of the STIC and a Keihin carb (you definitely need the STIC specific JD jet kit too). As a matter of fact, it was JDs that turned me onto the STIC. Call them and ask about it. They happily endorse it even though they don't sell it. Anyway, I'm in SOCAL and if anybody wants to contact me about the STIC feel free to PM or email me through KTM Talk. I'll be more than happy to answer any questions that I can.
    Last edited by STIC Fuel Systems; 08-01-2020 at 08:57 PM.

KTMTalk Member
    Userid

Sharing the post on YouTube

Thomas Sobelman 1 week ago (edited) YouTube talking to Rado (Dirt-n-Iron)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-0b57Lxyck&t=187s

Tom Sobelman: “…… I have had one of these carbs for a while. I recommended that George contact you or Jay about the STIC. If you think it makes a difference on the 125, try it on a 300! With the STIC I can run the same settings from 3000-10,200ft with just a turn of the airscrew. The only caveat is that I think the STIC specific JD Jet Kit is a must. I met you and Jay on a Kennedy Meadows ride last summer. I was on the 150 that had the Lectron that was running rich...Lectrons suck! Warning! Once you ride with the STIC you will never ride without it again. There is nothing that you can bolt on 2 stroke that will give you the gains that the STIC will. It adds a negligible amount of peak HP but it doubles your bottom end at low RPMs [dyno proven]. On top it cleans up and extends the rev range, so much so, that you can gear your bike down considerably without losing any speed. Just as an FYI, I am a customer. I do not get a red cent or any discount from George. I'm an enthusiast who loves dirt biking and mountain biking. I tried the STIC for sh---- and giggles on my 2019 KTM 300XC and was incredibly surprised. Seriously, if you have a 2 stroke do not bother with a pipe or anything else [unless you have the budget for it]. Typically, an RK Head is the first thing that I buy for my smokers but the gain from the STIC is much more significant. That being said, the RK/STIC combo works excellent……” Tom Sobelman
    Show less

Userid

Quote Originally Posted by JamesDean View Post
    The STIC evaluations I've made have been from sea level to 6000ft, didn't need to have jetting changes made, and didn't load-up or have issues. The bike pulled hard with the STIC at 6000ft. We've run both the Mikuni TMX and a standard Keihin PWK over that elevation range in the same conditions with good running. This goes back to your comments that any well tuned carb can span a wide range of elevations with no jetting changes and maintain good performance, and also my comment that a leaner mid-range fueling will allow changing elevation with less loss of performance.

The 125 and 300 motors never use the same jetting, due to the bigger motors having a stronger intake, and thus use a leaner jetting combination. The STIC JD jet kit has a different setting for the 125/150 than the 250/300. A 500cc motor uses much smaller main jets than a 125, and otherwise would be running rich. The worst case is a 125 held wide open at lower rpms causing bogging from running lean. The positive comments in this thread support the STIC helping smaller motors to a greater degree IMHO.

The vapor or aeration levels from the air bleed needle jet aren't something we can measure.

The STIC low throttle range was discussed earlier, and results are close to a stock Keihin carb off-idle. Lower number slides are richer, higher number slides run more clean and smoother. It's debatable whether the STIC is as good/responsive/crisp in the first 10% throttle vs a standard Keihin PWK, probably quicker response than a Mikuni though.
    Credentials? -I'd rather go riding than spend time talking about it.
    Thanks for the reply, JD.. Highlighted above ,, we are in agreement.

I think everybody would love to see this Vaporous Mixture leaving the carb during real-time running? Anybody have any way to show this?
    Last edited by Kels; 08-01-2020 at 11:59 PM.
    www.2strokeheads.com

We ride them all!!

"THE KELS"

Userid

Quote Originally Posted by Honda4now View Post
    So after the past couple weekends the best I can tell, prolonged low speed running, and on steep downhills tends to get my 250 to run the way it does. It's like it needs a clean out or it will start pipe banging and throttle response becomes sluggish off the bottom. I've been fighting this with all the settings I've tried. On rides where the speeds are up and steady with limited steep descents, it seems to run good and clean with awesome response. I think this is why it always seems to run good on the fire road by my house and then I get out in the mountains and things change after awhile. Float issue maybe? Jetting hasn't really been able to cure this and I just seem to keep running progressively leaner settings with the slide, needle clip and air screw and oil/gas ratio.
    This post is in this thread and is speaks directly to what our experiences have been..

This area needs some refinement. Hopefully, George is working on this?
    Last edited by Kels; 08-02-2020 at 12:00 AM.
    www.2strokeheads.com

We ride them all!!

"THE KELS"

Page 145 of 149 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148149 LastLast