Page 75 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2565717273747576 LastLast

Thread: STIC jetting thread:

Default Re: STIC jetting thread:

Tractor, here is a brief History of the STIC:

How great is the JD Jetting Kit for the STIC metering bloc? The KTM, Yamaha, Honda 125’s — all the way to the 500’s are ripping to the moon with the combo.

Here is a great YouTube site; search verbiage — “stic metering block test” — this brings up hundreds of STIC videos. You should post on this site; this would give your sons some great exposure and they could converse and answer the viewers. This would be a great site for you to expose your working knowledge, and this would be a great heirloom for your children. There is nothing more thrilling for those that don’t ride to be in the hands of the rider with a Go-Pro that is narrating the ride.
    Here is a good example of TOKYO Off-Road videos.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp3...z5HXL_7L9fes6A

He has millions of viewers on his postings, and he answers his viewers. This would be great if your children would use the Go-Pro to give the viewer a blow by blow of their experience. Click on Videos (play all). Here is a video on his tear-down after using the STIC metering block for 150 hours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hFqWWUh1xI&t=10s

In the beginning, there was the basic carburetor that was thought to have evolved to its highest level thought possible. Who knew there would an old man “ICE-STIC” that worked on carburetors all his life and recently revealed there would be even greater discoveries that will knock your hat in the creek.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bv17qRAL1pI&t=3s

The relationship with Mark from TOKYO started when Harris Performance (Derek) sent him a STIC metering block to test; from there he was impressed, contacted STIC and the rest is history. He has tested the STIC against the Smart Carburetor, Lectron, and the TPI; the STIC outperforms all the competition. Originally, the STIC was developed for hot motocross; as you can see Mark rides the hills in Japan and they wanted the best of everything; torque, finesse, and low-speed instant acceleration. With input from all over the world; STIC was able to meet its demand by improving the product without changing the concept. The first issue; there were no needles available to make it clean on the bottom; this led to making dimensional changes to accommodate the needles from James at JD Jetting that we currently use and highly recommend. The needles from JD Jetting are STIC specific. That’s the short story.
    Last edited by STIC Fuel Systems; 11-08-2019 at 08:31 PM.

2.    Sponsored Links

KTMTalk Member

been fine tuning the STIC on the 2014 250, had to go down to 45P to get smooth throttle response off idle with light throttle movements, maybe a slight trade off in power but i trail ride and require control over outright grunt.
    With the 113A tube NEDW clip 3 was lean in the mid (with 114 tube at clip 2 it was way rich) with 185 main, went straight up to up to 200, much better but still little lean, upped a 1/2 clip to NECW clip 4, a bit rich up top at WOT i got an extra 4 kph once i pulled back the throttle at top speed in 5th gear, so 195 main now and see how that goes.

current set up 45P A/S 3 turns out
    NECW clip 4, main 195

overall its still a little rich off idle but its more sound than performance, it pipe bangs more than stock but its not lurching forward or bad traits, getting much closer to a good set up at sea level 20Deg C, over rev on the STIC is impressive on the 250

Quote Originally Posted by dmills View Post
    been fine tuning the STIC on the 2014 250, had to go down to 45P to get smooth throttle response off idle with light throttle movements, maybe a slight trade off in power but i trail ride and require control over outright grunt.
    With the 113A tube NEDW clip 3 was lean in the mid (with 114 tube at clip 2 it was way rich) with 185 main, went straight up to up to 200, much better but still little lean, upped a 1/2 clip to NECW clip 4, a bit rich up top at WOT i got an extra 4 kph once i pulled back the throttle at top speed in 5th gear, so 195 main now and see how that goes.

current set up 45P A/S 3 turns out
    NECW clip 4, main 195

overall its still a little rich off idle but its more sound than performance, it pipe bangs more than stock but its not lurching forward or bad traits, getting much closer to a good set up at sea level 20Deg C, over rev on the STIC is impressive on the 250
    Interesting. Isn't the NECW much richer than a JD Red in that same position? It's interesting that people are having great results with 215/52/jd clip 4, AS/3 on 125 and 150's but 250's people are all over the board. I'm waiting to get my cylinder back from replating to try out the 113a setup. It's cold here so will be running the blue needle after doing some heat cycles.
    Last edited by Mayo5; 11-10-2019 at 03:02 PM.

Images

Good day yesterday riding my 2017 300 XC with .113A STIC in 40mm Keihin with JD Jetting STIC kit, Blue needle, Clip # 3, 190 main, 50 pilot, 3.5 turns out on air screw. Temp was 45 degrees F. Bike started with choke quickly and after a warm up, ran perfect all day. I rode tight single track, two track, moto and a little highway cruise over 3 hours of riding and bike ran perfect all day. This is the best running STIC setup yet. Power from top to bottom, no hesitation, so much fun. I rode through some deep sand sections of river bottom, I just twisted the throttle and the motor pulled right up on top of the sand and ran clean even with the heavy load on the motor. Never a hint of being too rich low in the rpms, the .113A is the sweet spot for me. I have a RK Tek head cut for sea level pump gas and 1.2mm stack of base gaskets. Also a Rekluse clutch. This bike is perfect, I am holding off on the TPI. Time to start working on the AER valving.
    2017 300 XC - Tried Lectron HV, Smart Carb 38, Mikuni 38, Keihin 40 w/ STIC (Winner)
    2007 450 EXC

The stic JD jetting kit should come with a 210 main and a 55 pilot to accommodate the 125s.

All of us have bought that kit, and have got the bike running better with jets that dont come with the kit

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce372 View Post
    The stic JD jetting kit should come with a 210 main and a 55 pilot to accommodate the 125s.

All of us have bought that kit, and have got the bike running better with jets that dont come with the kit
    Are you running the bike with the 55 pilot? If so, how is it?
    Current rides:
    2018 150SX (x2)
    2013 150XC (x2)

Former rides: 2015 85SX; 2014 85SX; 2013 150XC; 2013 65SX; 2012 50SX; 2011 150XC; 2008 50SX; 2007 50SX Jr (x2); 2007 50 Mini Adventure

Ahem, not all, lol. I am going to try the bigger pilot just for giggles but my kid hands down loves it as is. Also, you are running oxygenated fuel so that is a big factor when jetting.........

Quote Originally Posted by Tracktor View Post
    Ahem, not all, lol. I am going to try the bigger pilot just for giggles but my kid hands down loves it as is. Also, you are running oxygenated fuel so that is a big factor when jetting.........
    I tried those settings on the feedback from others running that setup...

If you need bigger jets when tuning your bike with the jet kit, send JDJetting a request (or call) and ask for the increased jet sizes. They will be sent at no charge, but most riders will not need them.

--The jetting starting point has the air screw turned outwards nearly as far as possible, leaving plenty of adjustment richer, and full throttle with the #200 MJ and small needle tip is richer than most will need.
    www.JDJetting.com
    JDJetting support- Tech@JDJetting.com
    '18 TE250i TPI, Now a 300i, JD EFI 250/300 Tuner
    '18 300 XCW - Mikuni TMX JDJet Kit (S-4 Needle Jet), Jet Block Gasket Fix
    '17 TE450 with JD EFI Tuner
    '08 530EXC FCR Carb Kit, Dual Spray Accelerator Pump, and Super-Motard Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by JamesDean View Post
    If you need bigger jets when tuning your bike with the jet kit, send JDJetting a request (or call) and ask for the increased jet sizes. They will be sent at no charge, but most riders will not need them.

--The jetting starting point has the air screw turned outwards nearly as far as possible, leaving plenty of adjustment richer, and full throttle with the #200 MJ and small needle tip is richer than most will need.
    It's all good, I have what I need now.

Page 75 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2565717273747576 LastLast