Page 82 of 83 FirstFirst ... 3272787980818283 LastLast

Thread: STIC jetting thread:

Default Re: STIC jetting thread:

Quote Originally Posted by ndaniels View Post
    Wanted to start a thread about jetting with the STIC metering block.

Seems like more guys are running them and testing them, so I’d be interested to hear what’s working and what’s not.
    I got one from george the guy who invited it. I installed on 2019 tx300 and I find it incredible. Lots of trouble with jetting on mikuni bolted on the keihin with stic metering block and it is a different bike. Runs clean and crisp everywhere along being stronger everywhere. This is how they should run from the factory.

2.    Sponsored Links

LOGIN AND CLICK THE SHOP ONLINE LINK FOR THE DISCOUNT

Sweet; JD Kit combo for the STIC metering system; as you know JD for the STIC comes with two needles; JD Red (.1072") and the JD Blue (.1062”).

JD jetting kit for the STIC has a sweet combination; if you need the previous .114 combinations for low-end fuel flow; use the JD Blue needle (IIII) as it is .1062" at the big end. This allows more fuel than the .1140" with the N3EJ needle at .1075" at the top. Both of the needles have smaller tapered tip of .055” (measurements approximate). “cockroach” presently uses this combo on his 150.

New Video, January 5, 2020; TOKYO Off-Road using the JD Red STIC needle (II-II) in the Japan mountains; STIC Block;190 main 50 pilots on his 2017 KTM 250.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZRfJlV7MxY

JD Red STIC Needle and STIC Carburetor with STIC Block; check out the February 2020 Motocross Action depicting the Monster 500cc Shootout; where the top bike was Adam's BRE 500 Honda sporting a STIC Carburetor with the .113A STIC tube; 200 main jet, #7 slide,52 pilot jet; with the JD Red STIC needle (.1072" 55 tip; (II-II) (the Winner).

I would imagine mileage goes down quite a bit using the STIC??
    ‘18 KTM 300 XCW
    '12 Husaberg 300 TE Woods Weapon 116 FOR SALE
    ’14 KTM 200 XCW
    '02 Husky 125 WR Buddy Bike and sold to my Buddy
    '06 KTM 300 XC gone
    '04 KTM 300 MXC sold
    '02 KTM 200 EXC sold
    '01 KTM 250 MXC sold
    '95 KDX 200 sold
    '89 KDX 200 sold
    '85 YZ 250 sold
    '82 RM 250 sold
    '80 DS 100 sold

KTMTalk Member

Quote Originally Posted by AMO View Post
    I would imagine mileage goes down quite a bit using the STIC??
    you would think but it's not the case, i would go as far to say purchase a STIC instead of a long range tank.
    My mileage has increase allot now 17.5 to 18 kms to the litre that is around 180ks from a 10.5 litre tank, and that was a not just going up and down fire roads, prior best would be 13.5 to 14 kms per litre trail riding mix of single track, transport and flat out sections, mostly flowing trail not extreme slow speed stuff.
    The trails i ride i have never got less than 10ks to the litre for reference that was before STIC, think i worked it out to 48MPG on a 89 km ride last week was doing testing on different jets so i generally use a little more, my average speed on the ODO 48 kph over 350hrs FYI

36mm carb
    45p
    NEDW clip 4
    182 main jet
    8 slide A/S 2.75turns out
    Last edited by dmills; 01-08-2020 at 05:49 PM.

A question for STIC Fuel Systems or the JD jetting rep.

For us small bore STIC users that are currently using with the STIC specific JD jet kit. It seems that most of us 125/150 users have found that the blue needle at the very bottom clip position (richest) is where we need to be for optimal performance at 1/4 to 3/4 throttle. However, I am set to the richest position and as I try to ride in colder weather (30's) here in Michigan, I cannot lug my bike through/out of corners without getting the lean bog symptoms and I have no more needle clip positions left. I run a 215 main jet, 55 pilot, JD blue needle bottom position, 3 turns out on A/F. I did try to bump my pilot up to a 60 to see what would happen in colder weather, that resulted in my low end to run too rich and load up.

From what I've gathered in this thread:

Both the red and blue needles have a tapered end of ~.055"
    The top straight section of the JD red II-II = .1072”
    The top straight section of the JD blue IIII = .1062”

My question is, is it possible to get a third needle developed that would keep the same tapered end of .055" but utilize an even richer top straight section than the blue needle, such as .1052" for example? I ask this because it would be ideal to be able to move the clip position back to the middle and have room to make it richer as the temperature gets cooler.
    2018 KTM SX 125

Images

Quote Originally Posted by michigan906 View Post
    A question for STIC Fuel Systems or the JD jetting rep.

For us small bore STIC users that are currently using with the STIC specific JD jet kit. It seems that most of us 125/150 users have found that the blue needle at the very bottom clip position (richest) is where we need to be for optimal performance at 1/4 to 3/4 throttle. However, I am set to the richest position and as I try to ride in colder weather (30's) here in Michigan, I cannot lug my bike through/out of corners without getting the lean bog symptoms and I have no more needle clip positions left. I run a 215 main jet, 55 pilot, JD blue needle bottom position, 3 turns out on A/F. I did try to bump my pilot up to a 60 to see what would happen in colder weather, that resulted in my low end to run too rich and load up.

From what I've gathered in this thread:

Both the red and blue needles have a tapered end of ~.055"
    The top straight section of the JD red II-II = .1072”
    The top straight section of the JD blue IIII = .1062”

My question is, is it possible to get a third needle developed that would keep the same tapered end of .055" but utilize an even richer top straight section than the blue needle, such as .1052" for example? I ask this because it would be ideal to be able to move the clip position back to the middle and have room to make it richer as the temperature gets cooler.
    STIC is planning to offer a .114A needle jet to replace your current .113A. This will allow for more fuel over the entire rpm range and allow you to move either the Red or Blue needle back to the center clip. This is a better option than a 3rd needle. George can provide more info on the date availability.
    2017 300 XC - Keihin 38/40 w/ STIC .113A
    2007 450 EXC - For Sale

Quote Originally Posted by snopro753 View Post
    STIC is planning to offer a .114A needle jet to replace your current .113A. This will allow for more fuel over the entire rpm range and allow you to move either the Red or Blue needle back to the center clip. This is a better option than a 3rd needle. George can provide more info on the date availability.
    Looks like he said it should be available the 15th of this month. Sounds like this would be the better option.
    2018 KTM SX 125

Quote Originally Posted by michigan906 View Post
    Looks like he said it should be available on the 15th of this month. Sounds like this would be the better option.
    That is correct the .114's are now available. Contact STIC at vortex@sticfuel.uc

MOTOCROSS ACTION — (aka MXA) February 2020 issue.
    be sure to get a copy of this issue;

“Man-made Monster Face-Off — Two-Stroke 500 Face-Off; between a Kawasaki 500 and an MRE built Honda 500. The MRE engine was STIC equipped!

How clean is the MRE engine with the JD STIC jetting kit and the STIC metering block? See for yourself:

https://youtu.be/WVvycM68ejU

As we know from several testimonials; the STIC equipped engines run smoother due to a more robust denser vaporous mixture being delivered to the combustion chamber. Adam Millar built the MRE engine; selected a carburetor made by STIC Headquarters with the STIC metering block .113A tube utilizing a JD STIC Jetting kit; Blue needle (IIII). There are several videos depicting how clean the STIC-JD combo set-up is.

Precise quotes from the Moto Cross Action (MXA) magazine (Feb. 2020 issue); “What was it like to ride the MRE-built (emphasis Added – STIC equipped) CR500.” (1): “It pulled out of the corners with delight.” (2): “Every test rider loved this engine…” (3): “…. Remember, both the Kawasaki and Honda share the same chassis, so the overall improvement in handling is primarily due to the power delivery.” (4): “There were many good things that the MXA test riders had to say about this bike (emphasis added — the Adam Millar MRE Honda), but the most talked-about was its lack of vibration. There simply was none. How could that be? We never heard of such a thing with a big smoker power plant; however, that is where the genius of MRE came into play.” (5): A bike that shifts with ease and has zero vibration — and a chassis that does everything well and offers an easy-to-ride powerplant — was considered impossible with such an archaic engine design; however, MRE did it.”
    (6): “…. The KTR500 (Adam's 500) handled and felt better, which is why every MXA test rider chose to race the (Honda MRE 500) over the Kawasaki…” (7): “The Honda KTR500 (Adam Millar’s MRE 500 Honda) was tuned with precision.” (8): “The CR500 was as smooth as they get. It was calm yet powerful, and you felt zero vibration in your hands. (9): “MRE used a 38mm Keihin Air Striker carb that was tuned to perfection.” This was a 38mm Keihin carburetor supplied by STIC; jetted 200 main, 50 pilot jet, 2.870mm tube (aka .113A), JD STIC blue (IIII) needle.

In summation; hats off to Adam Millar, great job and great engine! Thanks for selecting STIC Fuel Systems as part of your shootout.
    Last edited by STIC Fuel Systems; 01-14-2020 at 04:11 PM.

Page 82 of 83 FirstFirst ... 3272787980818283 LastLast