Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 16566263646566

Thread: STIC jetting thread:

KTMTalk Member
    Userid

Default Re: STIC jetting thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce372 View Post
    As i find myself putting my 150sx to the richest clip on the richer blue needle, and trying to find a jet over 200 that's not included in the kit, and trying to find pilots over 50 that aren't in the kit, I cant help think that the collaboration between stic and jd has missed its mark a little, and maybe needs a rethink.

I was working through a setting on the 114 tube with the yami needle that came with the original stic, one month later the next stic came with the 113 tube and Derek was cautious, but stic insisted I sent both carbs in.

I should be able to get a setting with the 113, but I am gonna have to buy more jets and I dont wanna loose more time by sending things back for the old 114 tube.

Not wanting to come over too harshly, but all 3 of you need to get on the same page. It's a great product, but after spending more and more to get a jetting kit thsts missed the mark, now I am having to buy a bunch more jets and it's a major nuisance.

First world problems lol.

Please nobody get bent out of shape, please consider this constructive feed back and not bitching.

And for the love of God, George, can you please ship back my 52, 192 jets, my two new oem airscrews Please. Maybe throw in some pilots bigger than 50 and some mains bigger than 200.

I've got two carbs that need to be setup on the ktm 125 and 150. If you send me what I need, I can help you get a better setting and product to sell to people.

$700 on two stic, $150 on two JD kits, and multiple shipping costs and now I need more jets... come on guys. Get it together with one another
    I agree with your comments. I've been working with George to get my 150 dialed in since April! I've lost count of how many times I've shipped my carb to and from Wisconsin for updates. George is very responsive and pleasant to talk with, but I feel like I'm spending too much time and money to do product development. In addition to purchasing two STICs, I've spent hundreds in shipping, needles and Keihin brass. My bikes ran great with their JD Jetting Keihin carbs, and the STIC seemed promising from the first time I rode with one, but it's been a long, expensive road to get it sorted out.
    Current rides:
    2018 150SX (x2)
    2013 150XC (x2)

Former rides: 2015 85SX; 2014 85SX; 2013 150XC; 2013 65SX; 2012 50SX; 2011 150XC; 2008 50SX; 2007 50SX Jr (x2); 2007 50 Mini Adventure

KTMTalk Member
    Userid

Quote Originally Posted by Magoomba View Post
    I agree with your comments. I've been working with George to get my 150 dialed in since April! I've lost count of how many times I've shipped my carb to and from Wisconsin for updates. George is very responsive and pleasant to talk with, but I feel like I'm spending too much time and money to do product development. In addition to purchasing two STICs, I've spent hundreds in shipping, needles and Keihin brass. My bikes ran great with their JD Jetting Keihin carbs, and the STIC seemed promising from the first time I rode with one, but it's been a long, expensive road to get it sorted out.
    Thanks, I am more than happy to do a bit of leg work to get a good setting, but all this time, effort and money to buy a setup thsts off is ridiculous.
    Even more frustrating when the guy selling the jetting kit the specs are wrong, lol.

The various people selling stuff need fo get on a conference call and get their **** together.

I paid $350 for my stic from hpr, actually two of them, yet the stic website has the same setup advertised for $295. Wtf???

KTMTalk Member
    Userid

Plus, I've sent numerous emails to George to return the parts removed from my carbs and now crickets.

I've got 8 jets from two kits and they are all too small lol

Userid

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce372 View Post
    Thanks, I am more than happy to do a bit of leg work to get a good setting, but all this time, effort and money to buy a setup thsts off is ridiculous.
    Even more frustrating when the guy selling the jetting kit the specs are wrong, lol.

The various people selling stuff need fo get on a conference call and get their **** together.

I paid $350 for my stic from hpr, actually two of them, yet the stic website has the same setup advertised for $295. Wtf???
    I understand the frustration. George from STIC is now recommending the 113 needle jet for all models, which is fine if you don't end up in clip position #5 on the needles. I'm not convinced that it's the best choice for every rider and condition.

Smaller motors run richer jetting to avoid bogging, needed to help fuel flow with less intake signal, so keep that in mind when tuning. The pilot jet and main jet shouldn't need a change with the 113 vs 114 needle jet, just richer needle settings and air screw adjustment. The purpose of changing to a smaller needle jet diameter is (instead) where there is a need for leaner jetting overall, not just the needle diameter that George is targeting with the 113 version STIC.
    www.JDJetting.com
    JDJetting support- Tech@JDJetting.com
    '18 TE250i TPI, Now a 300i, JD EFI 250/300 Tuner
    '18 300 XCW - Mikuni TMX JDJet Kit (S-4 Needle Jet), Jet Block Gasket Fix
    '17 TE450 with JD EFI Tuner
    '08 530EXC FCR Carb Kit, Dual Spray Accelerator Pump, and Super-Motard Wheels

Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 16566263646566