Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Chaparral Review

Default Re: Chaparral Review

Had an interesting experience with their website recently:

A group of guys I ride with have an ongoing group text to set up rides and whatnot and a few weeks ago one guy texts in and says chapmoto.com has size 120 Kenda Ibex tires for $45. I took a look, and he's right, they were 45.99! There's even a free shipping option. I've got a stack of tires at home but decided this was too good a price to pass up, and I've been wanting to give the Ibex a try, so I buy 2. Approx $102 after tax and free shipping. A buddy waited til the next day to order and noted that the prices were back up to the normal 90-some dollars each. A week or so later I come home during lunch from work and there's 1 tire at my door. I figured maybe they were on separate trucks, and the the other would be delivered later, so no stress. An hour or so later I get an email from paypal that I got a refund from Chaparral for $51 - sooo not getting that second tire. No direct correspondence from the shop, but I got my money back so who cares. Texted my buddies, 3 guys ordered tires in quantities of 2, 3, & 6 tires each. They all only received 1 like me. At the time we had talked they hadn't received their refunds yet (I don't think they used payapal), but I suspect they did get their money back as I haven't heard anything about it from them since.

So, just kind of a weird experience. Did they over sell the tires at this special price? Was the special price a mistake all together and they decided to honor it at 1 per person? Either way I got a good deal on a tire I've wanted to try, so I have little room to complain but sure seems like they have their share of issues managing that website.
    '17 250 XC
    '15 500 XCW

2.    Sponsored Links

LOGIN AND CLICK THE SHOP ONLINE LINK FOR THE DISCOUNT

I finally got the replacement parts and the third time did the trick. They are the correct seals, but as each exchange was treated as a return and new purchase the price had gone up by a $1 and was charged the new price for the final shipment to get the correct seals. I should probably had called on this but just wanted to be done with this and have the parts I needed.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by BCRrider View Post
    I finally got the replacement parts and the third time did the trick. They are the correct seals, but as each exchange was treated as a return and new purchase the price had gone up by a $1 and was charged the new price for the final shipment to get the correct seals. I should probably had called on this but just wanted to be done with this and have the parts I needed.
    Glad to hear you got it resolved. IMO they shouldn't have charged you more; you should pay the price that was in effect the day of your original order.

I don't think Chap is doing themselves any favors.
    You are what you do when it counts ― John Steakley, Armor

Plank owner, Wyatt's Torch Maintenance Department.

Accept failure as inevitable and it will be.

Images

Another year and renewed Dirt Bike and MXA.

Pretty sure last year I mailed that single ad that advertises both subscriptions and 2 gift cards...but I only got one gift card. Wasn't worth the hassle to ask about the other.

This year I mailed 2 separate ads, 2 envelopes, 2 checks.

And got the Dirt Bike one back fast: mailed on 6 Sep, gift card letter was post marked 30 Sep, and got it 4 Oct.

Didn't get the MXA one yet.

Not real enthused about dealing with Chap again but oh well.

Lifetime Team KTMTalk
    Images

I stopped dealing with them years ago. Worst. Customer. Service. Ever.
    2010 300 XC-W

Images

Quote Originally Posted by brush View Post
    I stopped dealing with them years ago. Worst. Customer. Service. Ever.
    Wish I didn't have to...well "want" to.

Just did a compatibility check on oil filters (ordered them before) and that's what I'm spending my $50 on...oil filters. Of course I'll have to pay the tax and shipping out of my pocket as the cards can't be used for that.

Tires, that's all I bother to get from Chap. decent prices, better selection (at least of kendas) than rocky mountain, and hard to screw up.
    '17 250 XC
    '15 500 XCW

Images

Quote Originally Posted by DonS View Post
    This year I mailed 2 separate ads, 2 envelopes, 2 checks.

And got the Dirt Bike one back fast: mailed on 6 Sep, gift card letter was post marked 30 Sep, and got it 4 Oct.

Didn't get the MXA one yet.
    Still don't have the MXA card yet. Both checks cleared the bank on 12 Sep.

I'm not gonna be a happy camper if they stiff me for one card again this year. It's not the money, it's the fact of false advertising (not sure what else to call it).

Images

ChapMoto sucks.

Sunday I still only had received one gift card, so asked someone if they wanted it. He said ChapMoto was too much of a pain to deal with and didn't want it. That makes a statement, eh?

Monday I got the second gift card. So far that's better than last year when I paid for 2 subsc and only got one card.

I always use those cards for oil filters, and went to ChapMoto and searched the Yam OEM parts for the filter. And exactly like last year it said "Part 5D3-13440-02-00 not found in the catalog." I guess they don't want to sell filters as they didn't update it from last year.

So I go to RM, get the current part number, enter it at ChapMoto in the search box and "Your search for "5D3-13400-09-00" returned no results."

So I call ChapMoto, tell the guy what's up, I give him the part number, he says they have it and they're $10.00 each. WTF...they're $7.19 each at RM. He explains to me I have to enter it in the search box on the OEM page, I do it and it says "No Records Found for Search."

Insert multiple expletives here.

My elbow pads are starting to fall apart so I searched those and they had them in stock - Fox Titan Pro.

All in all, I spent $43.90 and got 2 magazine subscriptions and a new pair of elbow pads and shipping today was free...so guess I really shouldn't complain. Maybe...

If I bother with the gift cards at all next year I'll buy a tire or something. Geez what a pain.

KTMTalk Member
    Images

I had a great experience.

Mailed in 2 postcards for magazine subscriptions. Got 2 $25 gift certificates.

Called to find out if they have expiration date. Nope, no expiration date...they are like cash.

Ordered FMF spark arrestor on the phone and applied certificates.

Saved me $50 on a part I needed.

I'm happy.

(This post isn't about their prices.)
    2005 300EXC
    2004 XR400

Gone but not forgotten:
    1989 350EXC
    2001 300EXC

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast