Thread: Pivot Pegs Review #3

Default Pivot Pegs Review #3

https://youtu.be/J9tg2K8Eon0

So far I'm not in love with these yet, in fact I am still leaning towards static position pegs but something with a wider footprint. Still need to give these a few more rides before I can really make a call on it. I'm still hope full that I can get used to these and that they become more natural feeling.
    This is making more nonsense all the time!

2.    Sponsored Links

LOGIN AND CLICK THE SHOP ONLINE LINK FOR THE DISCOUNT

Default Re: Pivot Pegs Review #3

Corrected audio --- https://youtu.be/lPrFsF_XMcI

Anybody else here also a cyclist? As a new dirtbiker, I have had a little bit of a hard time with foot position, especially on the shifter. Getting my boot under the shifter then back out, just doesn't feel natural yet. I know more saddle time will help, but I think these might be the answer. I saw some posters saying that they couldn't get comfortable with the movement vs a static peg, then I thought about my bike pedals--thats how they work already.

Quote Originally Posted by D.L. View Post
    Anybody else here also a cyclist? As a new dirtbiker, I have had a little bit of a hard time with foot position, especially on the shifter. Getting my boot under the shifter then back out, just doesn't feel natural yet. I know more saddle time will help, but I think these might be the answer. I saw some posters saying that they couldn't get comfortable with the movement vs a static peg, then I thought about my bike pedals--thats how they work already.
    Your argument is exactly why I bought these as I do still rides mountain bikes so it seemed a natural solution and they do help with that but when you're accustomed to the peg being static it still didn't translate over quite as easy as I expected.. For you it may feel more natural immediately.

I went out yesterday for my first ride with pivot pegs on my yz250 in the woods. At first they felt weird but after a short time they felt good. I'm going to keep running them.
    2012 yz250
    2012 Wr450f

I put 5 hours on a pair for the first time yesterday. The pivoting felt very weird at first but I liked the larger area to stand on. What I did not like was how much easier my feet slid off especially when wet. In the first hour I told myself these were immediately going up for sale but as I continued to ride them I thought about trying to sharpen the points for better stick.
    2019 300 XCW TPI LHRB REKLUSE
    2018 250 XCW TPI sold
    2017 Sherco Factory 300
    2015 300 XCW SIX DAYS LHRB REKLUSE
    2010 Sherco 290 Stolen
    2013 300 XCW LHRB REKLUSE SOLD

I think it only took two short rides for me to get used them.
    I've put about 150hrs on mine and rebuilt them about 20hrs ago.
    On the last two rides I noticed my boot slip off once or twice. I think they've dulled a bit, so it's time to attack them with the grinder.

I've also tested their strength more than once. The best was when I tried to remove a lychee tree from our orchard with my boot. The pin bent back some, but not enough to affect it's operation. My foot was swollen for a week, but the tree is still there.

I like that my boots stay locked onto the pegs during gear changes, braking and really steep climbs & descents.
    I think this also helps reduce how much the pegs chew up the soles.

I have always have been skeptical about pivot type pegs; if they were great, they would come stock on all dirt bikes.
    My right boot is often off the peg and pressed against the frame/engine when braking while turning,
    so a firm lock on pegs isn't always required. Just my slightly less than 2 pesos...
    GUN FREE ZONE is another name for HUMAN GAME PRESERVE.

Guilt Transference Is The Key To Happiness

Some day, I hope to be the man
    my dog thinks I am
    -----------
    In decades past,
    too many to remember...
    2005 KTM 576 EXC Dual Sport
    2001+2007 frame and plastics KTM 200
    2018 Husqvarna FE501 (1st new bike in 40 years!)
    2020 KTM 790 Adventure R (1st one on the 2020 dealer list)

KTMTalk Member

I had the left peg snap off landing from a jump about five years ago and it was scary. I almost ate it big time but managed to save it.
    As for how they operated I'd give them an A+ I loved the way they allowed me to get to the shifter and brake with so much less effort. Definitely energy saving devise.
    But I have to say I have never run them again given the near catastrophic breakage I experienced.