Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 31 to 35 of 35

Thread: 2019.5 GPX FSE250E Air Cooled Retro Enduro build

  1. #31
    Lifetime Team KTMTalk
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Ringwoodnj
    Posts
    3,046
    Images
    2

    Default Re: 2019.5 GPX FSE250E Air Cooled Retro Enduro build

    The older 18” rear would have a silver rim and hub to match the 99 front wheel on her now.

  2.    Sponsored Links




  3. #32
    Lifetime Team KTMTalk KTMLew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Wendell
    Posts
    9,855

    Default Re: 2019.5 GPX FSE250E Air Cooled Retro Enduro build

    Quote Originally Posted by old3 View Post
    The older 18” rear would have a silver rim and hub to match the 99 front wheel on her now.
    OH! I thought you were trying to put late model wheel on Extreme forks. They started changing stuff like axle sizes and maybe hub spacing around in 2014 or so i believe? I got lost since i don't do this stuff anymore.

  4. #33
    Lifetime Team KTMTalk
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Ringwoodnj
    Posts
    3,046
    Images
    2

    Default Re: 2019.5 GPX FSE250E Air Cooled Retro Enduro build

    Quote Originally Posted by KTMLew View Post
    OH! I thought you were trying to put late model wheel on Extreme forks. They started changing stuff like axle sizes and maybe hub spacing around in 2014 or so i believe? I got lost since i don't do this stuff anymore.
    I was, to have the both new GPX wheels, black hubs, black rims looks good. But that front is way off, I might need to machine the hub a few mm so instead I think either one front or rear will get relaced to match the other.

    Sorry I probably wasn’t very clear. It was about getting matching wheels on it eventually.

  5. #34
    Lifetime Team KTMTalk KTMLew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Wendell
    Posts
    9,855

    Default Re: 2019.5 GPX FSE250E Air Cooled Retro Enduro build

    Quote Originally Posted by old3 View Post
    I was, to have the both new GPX wheels, black hubs, black rims looks good. But that front is way off, I might need to machine the hub a few mm so instead I think either one front or rear will get relaced to match the other.

    Sorry I probably wasn’t very clear. It was about getting matching wheels on it eventually.
    Can you just move the wheel slightly by machining the spacer? You would need different spacers anyway to match the 17mm axle.

  6. #35
    Lifetime Team KTMTalk
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Ringwoodnj
    Posts
    3,046
    Images
    2

    Default Re: 2019.5 GPX FSE250E Air Cooled Retro Enduro build

    Quote Originally Posted by KTMLew View Post
    Can you just move the wheel slightly by machining the spacer? You would need different spacers anyway to match the 17mm axle.
    I think the rotor would need to be spaced off the hub to make it work, or shim the caliper carrier. Eh. I’m leaning towards using the 99 hub “forever” and painting it black to match the GPX rear hub, replace the bearings just because and then lace the GPX black front rim to it.

    The front brake carriers changed pin distance back awhile ago so the GPX caliper couldn’t go to the 99 carrier. Instead I put the GPX pads in the 99 Brembo and everything works together well. That’s a GPX rotor on the 99 hub too.

    Road tested and passes with with flying colors. I will get to the fork restoration... eventually! Going to enjoy riding her a bit first.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails B993647A-3461-4D0B-9FC7-8182E510420F.jpg   6EDB31FA-482C-491D-AA3A-E81F6CF8DB49.jpg  

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Similar Threads

  1. 2019 GPX FSE250/450R Thumpers
    By old3 in forum Other Euro Bikes and Exotics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-04-2019, 03:01 PM
  2. GPX 2019 TSE 550R two stroke!
    By old3 in forum Other Euro Bikes and Exotics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-16-2018, 02:43 PM
  3. Covert an AC to LC (Convert an air cooled to liquide cooled)
    By Ben_Roland in forum KTM 50 discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-23-2010, 07:01 PM
  4. Your last air-cooled Dirt Bike? (and first liquid -cooled MC?)
    By runninn in forum General Discussion (PUBLIC)
    Replies: 92
    Last Post: 04-23-2009, 09:23 PM
  5. 2 stroke oils - Air cooled vs Water cooled. (Spill the beans..)
    By MikeS in forum Oil, Gas and Coolant - PreMix, Crankcase, Gearbox oil (2 strokes and 4-strokes) and Coolant
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-11-2007, 11:19 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •