Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 97

Thread: IRC VE33S review

  1. #51
    KTMTalk Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Userid
    16653
    Location
    Nogales az
    Posts
    1,319

    Default Re: IRC VE33S review

    Just what I wanted to hear, thanks
    "It takes more talent to ride a two stroke"
    Roger Decoster

    2015 300 Six Days
    2015 350 Six Days
    2004 300 exc sold

  2.    Sponsored Links



    LOGIN AND CLICK THE SHOP ONLINE LINK FOR THE DISCOUNT


  3. #52
    KTMTalk Member firffighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Userid
    41832
    Location
    Boring Oregon
    Posts
    2,938

    Default Re: IRC VE33S review

    BTW, Slavens has them in stock.

    I'm at 45hrs on mine so far this season and still great performance holding up well. Some cracks beginning to form at base of center knobs, but none shed.

    I've run them all and this one checks all of the boxes for me.

  4. #53
    KTMTalk Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Userid
    181475
    Location
    ottawa on
    Posts
    202

    Default Re: IRC VE33S review

    Same. Lots of cracks but knobs hanging on for dear life.

  5. #54
    KTMTalk Member AMO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Userid
    9124
    Location
    Lake Geneva Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,536

    Default Re: IRC VE33S review

    Quote Originally Posted by firffighter View Post
    BTW, Slavens has them in stock.

    I'm at 45hrs on mine so far this season and still great performance holding up well. Some cracks beginning to form at base of center knobs, but none shed.

    I've run them all and this one checks all of the boxes for me.
    Firffighter,
    Better then the 81EX?
    That is saying a lot, I'm really liking the 110 81EX on my 200.
    I have a 120 IBEX on my 300...wanted 110 on that too, but received the 120, mounted it up and love that too.
    I have the M59 fronts on both bikes...
    18 KTM 300 XCW
    '12 Husaberg 300 TE Woods Weapon 116 FOR SALE
    14 KTM 200 XCW
    '02 Husky 125 WR Buddy Bike and sold to my Buddy
    '06 KTM 300 XC gone
    '04 KTM 300 MXC sold
    '02 KTM 200 EXC sold
    '01 KTM 250 MXC sold
    '95 KDX 200 sold
    '89 KDX 200 sold
    '85 YZ 250 sold
    '82 RM 250 sold
    '80 DS 100 sold

  6. #55
    KTMTalk Member Cactus73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Userid
    24963
    Location
    CDA Idaho
    Posts
    6,405

    Default Re: IRC VE33S review

    Can you guys with the cracked knobs post up pics and how many hours you have on them?
    2020 TE300i

  7. #56
    KTMTalk Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Userid
    181475
    Location
    ottawa on
    Posts
    202

    Default Re: IRC VE33S review

    Honestly I meant to write it down and forgot. If I was to guess 25-30hrs

  8. #57
    KTMTalk Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Userid
    185738
    Location
    Huntsville AL
    Posts
    74

    Default Re: IRC VE33S review

    Quote Originally Posted by AMO View Post
    Firffighter,
    Better then the 81EX?
    That is saying a lot, I'm really liking the 110 81EX on my 200.
    I have a 120 IBEX on my 300...wanted 110 on that too, but received the 120, mounted it up and love that too.
    I have the M59 fronts on both bikes...
    The EX is a good tire, but it wears way too quick. I think when new the EX may grip rocks a tad better, but overall I still give the VE33S the win. I don't think I can run another rear tire at this point.

  9. #58
    KTMTalk Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Userid
    19656
    Location
    Oak Ridge New Jersey
    Posts
    1,829

    Default Re: IRC VE33S review

    Ordered one from Slavens last night. What pressure is good for starters? I'm running Tubliss. I think they are lighter carcass than 505s right? Running a Tusk Recon now which I'm anxious to replace. Not quite sticky enough for the big, flat rocks when wet, have a couple cracked ribs to prove it. Lower pressure helps but it's not stiff enough. It would be a good tire for rocky but not extreme stuff, like where I would run an MT16, turns and brakes decent. Between myself and neighbor's we had two Recons, AT81EX, 505, and a D803 TT on bikes together. The Recon was agreed to be the hardest compound. The AT81EX felt like the D803 and worked great but was starting to look rough after two rides. 505 still holding its own, wet slabs no problem, just loose in mud and mus over hardpack. D803 is the master of traction. It was on a light 13yr old's XTrainer, a very good young rider! It's a whole different style of riding as we know. Still, I have the urge to try one again as it's the best for riding here. We will see where the VE33S fits in and how long it lasts.
    Glenn
    '20 Yamaha YZ250FX
    '13 Beta 250RR Racing

  10. #59
    KTMTalk Member firffighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Userid
    41832
    Location
    Boring Oregon
    Posts
    2,938

    Default Re: IRC VE33S review

    Quote Originally Posted by Cactus73 View Post
    Can you guys with the cracked knobs post up pics and how many hours you have on them?
    I'm off on vacation so can't post pics, but definitely will next week. I started noticing the cracks around 25-30hrs.

    Cracks are on the base of the center knobs, maybe about 1/4 of the center knobs are cracked. I have no side knobs cracked and no chunking whatsoever.

    I noticed the cracks beginning when we started riding a ton of sharp embedded rock gardens on a regular basis.

    Glen, I run MotoZ Uber tubes at 8.5.

  11. #60
    KTMTalk Member Cactus73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Userid
    24963
    Location
    CDA Idaho
    Posts
    6,405

    Default Re: IRC VE33S review

    Quote Originally Posted by firffighter View Post
    I'm off on vacation so can't post pics, but definitely will next week. I started noticing the cracks around 25-30hrs.

    Cracks are on the base of the center knobs, maybe about 1/4 of the center knobs are cracked. I have no side knobs cracked and no chunking whatsoever.

    I noticed the cracks beginning when we started riding a ton of sharp embedded rock gardens on a regular basis.

    Glen, I run MotoZ Uber tubes at 8.5.
    Thanks. Anyone running Tubliss with the VE33S? I'm wondering if those cracked knobs will result in the tire not holding air. I'm not interested in going to back to tubes just to run this tire when the 505 is working so well for me.
    2020 TE300i

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. IRC V33 STICKY Review
    By firffighter in forum Tires, Chains, Sprockets
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 04-09-2019, 09:43 AM
  2. IRC V35 Front Tire Review
    By Torrmentor in forum Tires, Chains, Sprockets
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-24-2014, 07:12 PM
  3. IRC Volcanduro VE-33 Review (Rear om a KTM 280 and 350)
    By CAPTJOE in forum Tires, Chains, Sprockets
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-01-2013, 09:21 AM
  4. Anybody used IRC tires? (irc ix07s vs maxxis si)
    By murphyd in forum Tires, Chains, Sprockets
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 06-10-2013, 10:14 PM
  5. IRC M5B Sand Tire (Tire Review)
    By Leeball29 in forum Tires, Chains, Sprockets
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 02-23-2012, 09:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •