Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Mid-Race Energy

Lifetime Team KTMTalk

Default Re: Mid-Race Energy

Very true. Along with feeling better nutritionally is the confidence I felt in my bike. I rode it on the pipe more and had so much more fun, and that translated to less physical effort from me. I'll try for a very similar meal plan in a few weeks. Kyle

2.    Sponsored Links

LOGIN AND CLICK THE SHOP ONLINE LINK FOR THE DISCOUNT

Lifetime Team KTMTalk

Well, followed roughly the same idea for Sunday's race as the prior event (salts Thurs-Sat, pasta/ meat Saturday dinner, etc) and had great results. I ended up 4th in my class and didn't feel tired one bit during the race. My heart rate stayed way lower as well- I'm typically 150-160, peak near 200. This time I stayed in the 140's. My focus was phenomenal for the full two hours. It's like something finally clicked and I could ride without caring about the obstacles in the trail. Roots/ hills/ etc that I used to stop and think about I just pinned it and let the bike work.
    I may've mentioned but I'm a sit-down rider. I'd rather stand but I could never seem to force myself to do it. Sunday, however, I was standing so much more and with absolutely zero effort. Before, my legs would be shot after 30 seconds of standing. This time I didn't think about it, just let a bump stand me up, cruised over whatever was in my way, and rode on. This was a really exciting ride for me and I finally feel like I should keep doing this. So thanks! Kyle

Images

Was the weather cooler? It made a difference in our KY hare scrambles race on Sunday. 5 degrees cooler and lower humidity works wonders....good job.
    10 XCW250 (Mule 300) / 03 Beta 250 Rev
    01 EXC200/ 98Honda Blackbird
    03 EXC250 (2S) 18 XCW 300
    Old BMW Airhead & GS & R1100
    HD Electra Glide
    AMA Life Member
    BRC Coalition member

Lifetime Team KTMTalk

Fizz tablet?

KTMTalk Member
    Blog Entries

Something I learned from a marathon runner is what they call an aerobic base. Unlike building muscle such as in weightlifting, you can do light-moderate cardio every day.
    Over time this base will support all of your other training and the longer you do it the bigger the effect. It's like the foundation of a house, the stronger your aerobic base the better your overall results.The key is consistency and time.

Regardless of what other training or riding I have planned, every day I put in 20 minutes of light-moderate cardio on my rowing machine (I hate running). It doesn't matter what you do really as long as you get your heart rate up to a light-moderate cardio rate.
    You will really start seeing the payoff around four months in. After one year of daily cardio and you will see very significant gains in cardio and endurance. From there it's mostly maintenance with small gains that peak around two years.
    As you can see this is not a race but a slow burn but if you stick with it, it will pay huge dividends.
    Last edited by motogp1gprix1; 10-22-2019 at 02:28 PM. Reason: grammar

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Irishcoffee View Post
    Fizz tablet?
    Google Hammer fizz and you will find it. Electrolyte tabs that carbonate water, with a little vitamin kick to pep ya up too. I like them. Work well day after too.
    2017 Husky TC 250
    2012 200XCW

Past bikes:
    '09 105 XC
    '08 85 XC
    '13 150 SX
    '14 200 W
    '15 150 SX, converted to 200 E start
    '08 65 XC
    '10 300 XC
    '13 350 XCF
    '05 200 EXC #2
    '06 200 W
    '07 85 SX
    '12 350 XCF
    '12 150SX, converted to a 200 SX/W
    '08 200 SXC
    '02 50 SA
    '08 65 SX
    '05 200 EXC
    '05 250 EXC
    '07 250 SX
    '07 250 SXF
    '06 300 XCW
    '04 300 EXC
    A big thanks to FTI Racing!

Lifetime Team KTMTalk

Quote Originally Posted by motogp1gprix1 View Post
    Something I learned from a marathon runner is what they call an aerobic base. Unlike building muscle such as in weightlifting, you can do light-moderate cardio every day.
    Over time this base will support all of your other training and the longer you do it the bigger the effect. It's like the foundation of a house, the stronger your aerobic base the better your overall results.The key is consistency and time.

Regardless of what other training or riding I have planned, every day I put in 20 minutes of light-moderate cardio on my rowing machine (I hate running). It doesn't matter what you do really as long as you get your heart rate up to a light-moderate cardio rate.
    You will really start seeing the payoff around four months in. After one year of daily cardio and you will see very significant gains in cardio and endurance. From there it's mostly maintenance with small gains that peak around two years.
    As you can see this is not a race but a slow burn but if you stick with it, it will pay huge dividends.

Lifetime Team KTMTalk

Quote Originally Posted by gmoss View Post
    Google Hammer fizz and you will find it. Electrolyte tabs that carbonate water, with a little vitamin kick to pep ya up too. I like them. Work well day after too.
    Thanks.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011