Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Lucas Oil 2 Cycle Oil!

Default Re: New Lucas Oil 2 Cycle Oil!

Quote Originally Posted by EK298 View Post
    Protects against rust better? You sure?

Here's an actual test https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZG6EBakNfs skip to the rust test if you please. I think you'll be surprised how much better the Dominator protected against the rust when compared to the semi-synthetic. Oh, and remember. Dominator did that well and it's a race oil not recommended for storage due to lack of rust additives.

I love that guys videos. One issue I have with that test is he used a 50/50 mix of oil to fuel. Really high. Also, it is vs cheap super tech oil. With synthetic oil you are pretty much relying on the additives to prevent rust, which is a small portion of the overall composition. With a simi-synthetic, the dino oil will provide rust prevention, a much higher concentrate (From what I have read).

I'm prob gun-shy because of all the warnings back in the day. Fully syn gearbox oil concerns me as well, but I have yet to find one I like the clutch feel with anyway.
    1999 300 MXC
    1999 250 EXC

2.    Sponsored Links

LOGIN AND CLICK THE SHOP ONLINE LINK FOR THE DISCOUNT

Userid

I'm not much for oil debates, but I'm glad to see that Lucas is bringing out new products. As far as rust prevention goes, on the previous generation Klotz website, they used to rate all their oils for the usual smoke, cleanliness, etc., but also for storage (which I equate with rust prevention). Too bad they "updated" their website to include less information.
    2019 250 XC, 2015 500 EXC, 1993 500 MX, and too many old Husky's.

Userid

Quote Originally Posted by RodC View Post
    I love that guys videos. One issue I have with that test is he used a 50/50 mix of oil to fuel. Really high. Also, it is vs cheap super tech oil. With synthetic oil you are pretty much relying on the additives to prevent rust, which is a small portion of the overall composition. With a simi-synthetic, the dino oil will provide rust prevention, a much higher concentrate (From what I have read).

I'm prob gun-shy because of all the warnings back in the day. Fully syn gearbox oil concerns me as well, but I have yet to find one I like the clutch feel with anyway.
    I emailed Amsoil two years ago and they said that Dominator has the same amount of rust inhibitors as Interceptor. The support rep passed me all the way up to head honcho Len Groom and he explained that they have the same amount. I wonder if they changed the formula in recent years, but I haven't heard of rusting in a long time. Just a piece of information I thought was interesting. Cheers.

KTMTalk Member
    Userid

Have you tried this synthetic gearbox oil? I have used in a Honda CR, Honda CRF, KTM EXC, KTM XCW, and KTM SX. Worked great in all of them.
    https://www.amsoil.com/p/synthetic-d...btf/?zo=226468

KTMTalk Member
    Userid

I agree with you on his videos, theyíre quick and informative.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123