Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Composite Subframe - Don't Break One!

Default Re: Composite Subframe - Don't Break One!

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus73 View Post
    I just checked the "shop online" section and Munn already has the new part number listed for the right side of the subframe. Shouldn't be much longer before the left side is available.
    This is good to know. Thank you.

2.    Sponsored Links

LOGIN AND CLICK THE SHOP ONLINE LINK FOR THE DISCOUNT

I just checked the "shop online" section and Munn already has the new part number listed for the right side of the subframe. Shouldn't be much longer before the left side is available.
    Hey Cactus73. I called a dealer to ask about the new subframe part numbers. They didn't know about it. I pointed it out and he found the 25103002044 in the system as available on 1/20/20, and the old part number 2510300212033A as no longer orderable.

I asked if Husqvarna NA would normally release a technical bulletin to swap out subframes or something to that effect. He said he'll contact the Husky rep and keep me informed.

I broke the subframe where it supports the muffler. The parts are so tightly interlocking that it took the central top section with it. I should have bought the replacement parts from Munn or RM/ATVMC but didn't think of it. Went to the dealer and I'm out over $400 for the 2 parts. That subframe is a jigsaw puzzle of varying length fasteners. Won't buy another Husky as long as they run these subframes.
    GUN FREE ZONE is another name for HUMAN GAME PRESERVE.

Guilt Transference Is The Key To Happiness

Some day, I hope to be the man
    my dog thinks I am
    -----------
    In decades past,
    too many to remember...
    2005 KTM 576 EXC Dual Sport
    2001+2007 frame and plastics KTM 200
    2018 Husqvarna FE501 (1st new bike in 40 years!)
    2020 KTM 790 Adventure R (1st one on the 2020 dealer list)

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhound View Post
    Hey Cactus73. I called a dealer to ask about the new subframe part numbers. They didn't know about it. I pointed it out and he found the 25103002044 in the system as available on 1/20/20, and the old part number 2510300212033A as no longer orderable.

I asked if Husqvarna NA would normally release a technical bulletin to swap out subframes or something to that effect. He said he'll contact the Husky rep and keep me informed.
    Thanks for following up. That's good news. Hopefully Husky steps up and offers warranty replacement for anyone with a broken subframe.
    2020 TE300i

Thanks for following up. That's good news. Hopefully Husky steps up and offers warranty replacement for anyone with a broken subframe.
    No problem. The dealer responded saying that at this moment the Husqvarna Rep is not aware of a technical bulletin occurring. But that they would be replaced on a case by case as needed. Take this with a grain of salt, of course.

Then he added that part number 25103002044 appears to be both left and right subframes but is going to verify and confirm. From my perspective, then we'd also see the part number for the "old" left sub frame blocked as not orderable, but who knows. I'll share whatever else comes along.

No problem. The dealer responded saying that at this moment the Husqvarna Rep is not aware of a technical bulletin occurring. But that they would be replaced on a case by case as needed. Take this with a grain of salt, of course.

Then he added that part number 25103002044 appears to be both left and right subframes but is going to verify and confirm. From my perspective, then we'd also see the part number for the "old" left sub frame blocked as not orderable, but who knows. I'll share whatever else comes along.
    Thats a ktm re-call. "Replace on a case by case as needed".
    19 Husqvarna TX 300, 18 KTM 500 EXC, 78 Suzuki RM 250 C1
    Futureshox suspension
    BRC member, and you should be too!

That's what the Husky rep told my dealer. I should have contacted my dealer right after I broke my subframe instead of disassembling it right away. I can understand why they may not offer warranty replacement for me...lesson learned. I'm just glad I was able to return the subframe I bought from RMATV.
    2020 TE300i

I ordered the new part number and received one (they are on backorder for a few weeks now I believe). It it both left and right. Some small differences in the right side, I didn't compare the left. RMATV had a few of the original part # right side.
    -2019 TX300
    -2018 KTM 300xcw
    -2018 Gas Gas Contact 280 e start wife's bike
    -2005 SV1000

Quote Originally Posted by KimDN View Post
    I ordered the new part number and received one (they are on backorder for a few weeks now I believe). It it both left and right. Some small differences in the right side, I didn't compare the left. RMATV had a few of the original part # right side.
    Did you break one on the 19 as well? No issues with mine, so far.
    19 Husqvarna TX 300, 18 KTM 500 EXC, 78 Suzuki RM 250 C1
    Futureshox suspension
    BRC member, and you should be too!

Quote Originally Posted by markanddona View Post
    Did you break one on the 19 as well? No issues with mine, so far.
    The lower right mounting point broke. I was surprised to see it broken after 23 hours that were pretty mellow. I never broke any of my '17/18/19 TE subrames.
    -2019 TX300
    -2018 KTM 300xcw
    -2018 Gas Gas Contact 280 e start wife's bike
    -2005 SV1000

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast