Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2009 200 XC rear wheel bearings/seal questions

Userid

Default Re: 2009 200 XC rear wheel bearings/seal questions

Thanks Rod! At those prices, even swapping twice every season is not a big deal. I'm sure we're not as muddy as you, but there are some sections that seem to stay bad no matter how dry the weather has been. I really think I can make any of them last as long as I stay on top of the maintenance. This was my first KTM, so there's still a little bit of a learning curve. And now my boy has an XC-W same year, so stockpiling bearings and seals is a wise move. Also, I see that RMATV/Tusk is making billet spacers for only $10/set. I may stock up on those, too. Unfortunately they're out at the moment, so it'll have to wait.
    "That's what you get for pretending the danger's not real" - RWaters

"I have loved some ladies, and I have loved Jim Beam,
    And they both tried to kill me, in 1973" - HWJr

Quote Originally Posted by Bron-Yr-Aur View Post
    Thanks Rod! At those prices, even swapping twice every season is not a big deal. I'm sure we're not as muddy as you, but there are some sections that seem to stay bad no matter how dry the weather has been. I really think I can make any of them last as long as I stay on top of the maintenance. This was my first KTM, so there's still a little bit of a learning curve. And now my boy has an XC-W same year, so stockpiling bearings and seals is a wise move. Also, I see that RMATV/Tusk is making billet spacers for only $10/set. I may stock up on those, too. Unfortunately they're out at the moment, so it'll have to wait.
    That is our opinion as well. It seems you always have wheels of for something, when we do we just knock the bearings out and put new ones in. My sons are a bit older so we assembly line most jobs, I put the bearings in while one of the others run the tire change stand.
    1999 300mxc

Lifetime Team KTMTalk
    Userid
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Bron-Yr-Aur View Post
    Sorry, but as much as I love this site for the unadulterated truthful answers (for the most part) the search function is horrible.
    Actually, if you take the time to learn a bit about the advanced search feature, it turns out that the search function is really quite good.

Quick Start Guide for Using The KTMTalk Advanced Search Feature
    2010 300 XC-W

KTMTalk Member
    Userid

I would suggest getting the bearings at a bearing supply house. You will get much better quality and possibly cheaper that a kit. They will have the seals too. I almost never get a bearing from a dealer or a kit. Cam.

Userid
    Images

Lots of mud and water crossings here. I am lucky to get 100 hours out of sprocket side rear bearing. I buy the KTM $80 kit. Clean the old bearings, repack and put in trailer for spares.
    I replace most parts well before they fail so I have a good supply of day saving parts in trailer. I can afford to give them away and have several times.
    Enduro Riders Association http://aces-races.com
    Current bikes.
    15 350 xcf-w 6 days
    14 350 xcf-w

Userid

Innteck makes a SKF bearing, SKF Seal, and new spacer kits for front and rear. I have found them on Slavens and occasionally you can find the correct kits on Amazon. I just order them from Slavens.

I find that the quality SKF bearing last a lot longer than anything else.

The rear InnTeck kit for that bike should be WSB-KIT-R006-KTM-Hus and run $50.99 for SKF Bearings, seals, and new wheel spacers

Userid

Yeah... for the longest time, I thought the spacers were supposed to have a groove in them. A result of never having owned a new bike. Once I figured it out, bearings aren't much of an issue anymore.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12