Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Lectron H series carbs from Slavens Racing

Default Re: Lectron H series carbs from Slavens Racing

My bike is a 2019 TE 150. I am in NE Ohio and ride single track and some ACES enduros in southern Ohio. My bike has @ 10 hours on it. I installed vforce 4 reeds and a 110 octane rk head insert. It ran good with the mikuni following the jet chart. The mikuni was finicky with temperature changes. Not sure how it responded to altitude changes. Mostly it needed air constant screw adjustments. It was very pipey and not smooth. I took a gamble and purchased the HV mule lectron kit from slavens. I had to lean the lecton a bunch to get it tuned. The efficiency claims from RK tek must be true! The bike runs like a mini 300 now. I can cruise and ride smooth instead of screaming and shifting all the time. I wouldn't have believed the lectron would transform this bike if I hadn't experienced it first hand. My carb has the 5-1 metering rod and the as shipped length was 2.003".
    When givin it goes wrong......

KTM 625 SXC
    Husky TE 150
    Harley pirate ship

2.    Sponsored Links

LOGIN AND CLICK THE SHOP ONLINE LINK FOR THE DISCOUNT

Are you guys seeing much spooge with the Lectron H? Mine does spooge some, not horrible but a little more than I like.
    2018 300 xcw, rk tek head, Lectron H, v force reeds, Twisted Eng. bars, Tubliss, factory shorty, fastway 4 pegs

Quote Originally Posted by outfitr View Post
    Are you guys seeing much spooge with the Lectron H? Mine does spooge some, not horrible but a little more than I like.
    Have you repacked your silencer lately? I recomend the Bristol Core repack kits from Slavens Racing. Easy install and lasts a lot longer than regular packing. I haven't anymore than usual on my bike
    Riding with your buddies is an adventure, riding with certain individuals is an ordeal! Watch out for that tree!!

2016 KTM 250 XCW LTR suspens, Rekluse EXP 3.0 auto clutch, BRP submount steering damper, Wheels built by Wheel Master, Michelin Star Cross 5 tires, RB Designs carb mod and cylinder head mod, Cycra handguards, etc.................

Quote Originally Posted by LittleJeff View Post
    Have you repacked your silencer lately? I recomend the Bristol Core repack kits from Slavens Racing. Easy install and lasts a lot longer than regular packing. I haven't anymore than usual on my bike
    I only have about 20 hrs on an fmf shorty. How often do you repack?
    2018 300 xcw, rk tek head, Lectron H, v force reeds, Twisted Eng. bars, Tubliss, factory shorty, fastway 4 pegs

maybe 3-4 times a year depending on how much I ride
    Riding with your buddies is an adventure, riding with certain individuals is an ordeal! Watch out for that tree!!

2016 KTM 250 XCW LTR suspens, Rekluse EXP 3.0 auto clutch, BRP submount steering damper, Wheels built by Wheel Master, Michelin Star Cross 5 tires, RB Designs carb mod and cylinder head mod, Cycra handguards, etc.................

Images

Quote Originally Posted by chumbilly1 View Post
    I just spoke with Lectron this AM and they told me the slide would not make much difference. They called the H a 38/34/38. Sounds like snake oil IMHO
    Quote Originally Posted by motogp1gprix1 View Post
    When I compared the H to my HV the biggest difference I could see was it had a smoother taper on the intake side of the bore. the HV has a more abrupt change about halfway down. There might be other changes too but I could not see any real differences otherwise. I can tell you there is a significant difference in performance though. Just yesterday my friend who has a 38 HV on his 300XC rode mine for a bit and kept commenting on how much more bottom end my bike had.
    If you want to understand the differences between Lectron series of carbs, ie- HV vs. H, listen to Dirt Bike Channels podcast interview with Lectron. They explain what the 38x34x38 means and how it compares to older versions. Very interesting listen and I have new found respect for this newest carb and the company as a whole. H series info starts 27 minutes in.

https://www.dirtbikechannel.com/podcast

Cliff notes version: Non-HV version is only 2mm taper in carb body. 38 opening to 36 inside and back to 38 at engine side. Or 36x34x36 for 36mm carb.

HV was built to address 38 having less bottom than 36mm Lectron. It was 36.5x34x38.

H series had a bunch of flow testing done and they settled on 38x34x38. Their testing showed more vacuum at Venturi and fastest flow at metering rod than any prior version.

So the H version is a new carb body and dimensions that are an improvement over HV and prior.

I would like to try one to compare to my previous HV and Smart Carb experience. But I am digging my STIC metering block in my tapered bore Keihin. Glad there are still new options for carb 2 strokes in the TPI era.
    2017 300 XC - Keihin 38/40 w/ STIC .113A
    2016 250 XCF
    2003 200 in a box project 😆
    WTB: 200 cylinder head 2006 & newer
    WTB: 200 6 speed transmission

im a bit salty I purchased my HV lectron only a few months before the new H series came out. Lectron claims a 20% in bottom end torque when comparing the new H series to HV series.

https://www.lectronfuelsystems.com/h-series-release
    2018 ktm 250xc
    2018 Yamah MT-09
    2009 kx250f

Lifetime Team KTMTalk TrailRyder's Avatar

Question Re: Lectron H series carbs from Slavens Racing

So does anyone with a 2017 or 2018 250/300 XCW regret purchasing the new Lectron H-Series? And how does the Lectron H-Series handle deep water crossings?

Also, is the H-Series a direct bolt-in? Is any cutting on the intake manifold or carb boot required???
    Trail Ryder

'18 KTM 250 XCW carbed and NY Street Plated
    '14 Ski-Doo XRS 800 ETEC (Winter Fun)

Gone:
    '14 KTM 350 XCFW
    '10 KTM TR 320 XCF-W CE
    '07 KTM TR 290 XCF-W
    '03 KTM 450 EXC
    ... and TONS of Jap bikes

I have the H series on my 2017 TE 300 no regrets feels like my Keihn 36mm I had in but better more torque and horsepower

you will have to shave some material off the front of the carb where it goes inside reed intake. So it will not push on air box tract or else the air filter cage wonít seal 100 percent.

That was was my only gripe but other then that it works flawless. Iíve ridden thru water crossing no issues

This is probably a stupid question.. but does the Lectron dump gas when the bike is lying on the ground? I know they won't dump gas while being ridden. I have a H-Series on the way for my 2017 300 XC-W.
    🇨🇦 2017 300 XC-W - (Lectron H-Series 38mm / FMF Gnarly & Turbinecore 2.1 / BPD Rad Guards / Cyclops Explorer-2 & 10.0 LED / Cycra Probends)
    🇨🇦
    2009 300 XC-W - Sold
    🇦🇺 2014 350 EXC-F - Sold
    🇦🇺 2005 525 EXC - Sold

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast