Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Krooztune xplor fork kit

Default Re: Krooztune xplor fork kit

Do you think it would it be possible to add a rebound stack to the krooztune midvalve setup?
    In the photos the base valve looks pretty much like an OEM adjustable base valve, are there any notable differences?
    '18 300XCW, '99 380EXC,

2.    Sponsored Links

LOGIN AND CLICK THE SHOP ONLINE LINK FOR THE DISCOUNT

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Betschet View Post
    Are those Xplor forks? Why are the bottoming cones different, is that how they come stock?
    What bike are you using these on? Type of riding / terrain.
    Thanks for all the info on this kit.
    Enduro Riders Association http://aces-races.com
    Current bikes.
    15 350 xcf-w 6 days
    14 350 xcf-w
    15 250 xcf-w Sons bike

KTMTalk Member
    Images

The first time I tired to contact them I had the same issue so I did the home brew xp1 and it worked good but was going to have to get back in them to add more rebound damping, I run stiff front springs and was also going to change the clamp shim on the base stacks. My wife asked me what I wanted for my birthday and I keep thinking about the the kit and the wide range of adjustment so I had her order the kit. But first I sent them another e mail asking if they would give me some specs for a rebound stack that works with there kit and they answered the next day and sad yes they would include the needed shims. The base adjuster that came in the kit is very close to the KTM one I ordered from Rocky Mountain the only difference is its black and has 24mm hex. Iím installing this in a Husky 18 fe501 and yes Xplor with 19 valving on the stock mid valve just added a larger clamp to the rebound stack, Also added the 4 6mm x 16mm x .30 support shims to move the base valves .090 higher.
    Yes I think you could add a rebound stack on the Krooztune mid valve but not sure how well it would function you would need to contact Krooztune with that question or test it yourself.
    I ride mostly single track in the Serraís but I live in So. Ca. So I also ride desert and a small amount of track time for fun thatís why I wanted to try this kit for a wider range of adjustment.

I don't see how you could ad rebound, but I would give it up for adjustable float any day,I want,I want, but will wait for Betschet results.I'm happy with my forks, but seems like a fun toy to have, been thinking about it for a while & for the price diff, might as well get the whole kit
    Hangtown,Norcal right side of the left coast

Images

You could add rebound to the new midvalve if the tap is long enough. You would have to seal the holes in the cartridge for rebound to be effective.
    Ken Powell
    2018 KTM 250 XC-W
    2012 KTM 300 XC with YZ SSS cartridges in WP forks - Sold to son-in-law on 31 October 2014 due to injury - still ride it occasionally
    2003 YZ265WR (WR426 trans except YZ250 2nd gear) with 2005 Slavens revalved AOSS forks - backup bike
    2003 KX125 with KDX220 motor & 2006 YZ250F SSS forks - added Rekluse EXP 3.0 designed for YZ125
    1979 Maico 250 Magnum - this bike is terrific!
    Many, many bikes until now...
    1963 Harley 175cc Scat - 1st motorcycle

KTMTalk Member
    Images

I think the tap is long enough but due to the adjustment mechanism you would have no bleed adjustment. And also need to plug the holes.

KTMTalk Member
    Images

The bottoming cons are stock the holes are to disable the rebound on that side. The kit comes with new base pistons and shim stacks for them. This is the full Xplor kit fits 17 to 19 husks and ktms with the Xplor fork. Hope that helps Dale.
    Last edited by Betschet; 11-09-2019 at 12:08 PM.

Images

Thanks, I didn't know the Xplor had 2 different cones. Sure seems like an odd setup from KTM.
    Enduro Riders Association http://aces-races.com
    Current bikes.
    15 350 xcf-w 6 days
    14 350 xcf-w
    15 250 xcf-w Sons bike

KTMTalk Member
    Images

If you want to use a rebound stack on both sides you need to plug the holes in the compression side or replace it with one form the other side about 40 bucks for the part the holes only effect the rebound function .

Thanks for the info, I've already converted to the old style open chamber but it would be nice to have externally adjustable float.
    '18 300XCW, '99 380EXC,

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast