Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Krooztune xplor fork kit

Default Re: Krooztune xplor fork kit

I went with 125mm.for airgap.

I had a chance to do a ride on the fork kit last weekend.

First half of the stroke the fork floats over everything. Very compliant and controled. A lot better then stock.
    The last half of travel could be more plush I found. Couldn't use all the stroke.
    So I revalved both base valves to there plush shim stack. Going to try that this weekend. I'll keep you updated.
    2020 ktm 350 xcf-w 4 strokes forever.
    2017 ktm 300 xcw 6 days
    , rk tec head ,v force4R , del soggio- sphears and ohlins flow shock.😎
    Braaaaap!!
    13 ktm 350 xcfw (loved that bike)
    07 YZ 250 (hated that bike)
    07 WR 450 sold
    06 ktm 250xcfw sold
    01 ktm 400exc sold
    99 kx250 sold
    98 kx500 sold

2.    Sponsored Links

LOGIN AND CLICK THE SHOP ONLINE LINK FOR THE DISCOUNT

Quote Originally Posted by swaan View Post
    I went with 125mm.for airgap.

I had a chance to do a ride on the fork kit last weekend.

First half of the stroke the fork floats over everything. Very compliant and controled. A lot better then stock.
    The last half of travel could be more plush I found. Couldn't use all the stroke.
    So I revalved both base valves to there plush shim stack. Going to try that this weekend. I'll keep you updated.
    All fitted up and went well today. My tuner and i decided on going the trailriders/clubman settings and with the recommended 120mm air gap to start with as these forks have never been run yet. Faster pro setting says 110mm and i usually run 100mm in my 18 xplors so i can add oil if needed.
    I'm a very over the front standing rider so i always tend to like a bit more stiffening later in the stroke so these settings may suit me going by your description. Hopefully will test in a few days.

KTMTalk Member
    Images

So far Iím happy with mine, I didnít notice a harsh feeling in the mid stroke but might be due to my fat *** Iím 280 lbs I did have to change my springs I was running 5.8 springs with the stock fork and it was ok but with the Krooztune kit I went to a 5.4 spring and might try a 5.2 Iíve got 4.8, 5.4 and 5.8 springs so Iím going to mix and match until Iím happy. One other thing I did was increase the rebound damping by adding a 1mm larger base shim. That was recommended by the tech from Krooztune. Iím running 120mm oil height but havenít tried changing it yet. Hope you get yours the way you like it.

KTMTalk Member
    Images

One thing that keeps pooping up is complaints about end of the stroke I think if memory serves me right that this is from riders on the lighter side. Thereís a few posts about this and one gentleman drilled one or maybe more holes to help him with that issue another thing to try is decreasing the float on the rebound side. But Iím sure you already thought of this.

Went for another ride today after I changed the base valve shims to there plush setting... much much better now. I'm using up perty much all the stroke now. As plush as they are I still haven't bottomed them out and they stay up in the stroke well too. Super happy with the suspension now , feels very balanced and floats over everything.
    2020 ktm 350 xcf-w 4 strokes forever.
    2017 ktm 300 xcw 6 days
    , rk tec head ,v force4R , del soggio- sphears and ohlins flow shock.😎
    Braaaaap!!
    13 ktm 350 xcfw (loved that bike)
    07 YZ 250 (hated that bike)
    07 WR 450 sold
    06 ktm 250xcfw sold
    01 ktm 400exc sold
    99 kx250 sold
    98 kx500 sold

KTMTalk Member
    Images

On the subject of springs weights it seams that due to the pore compression dampening in the 17-18 and 19 bikes keeping them up in the stroke with more spring. larger riders 200 plus that put springs in to make them rideable when you add a kit to them they might need lighter springs. Look at the spring chart for the 19 vs 20 Xplor fork and they recommend 2 sizes lighter for the same weight. Thatís from Slavens spring chart. So guess what Iím trying to say is once you fix the damping you might need lighter springs I did.
    Last edited by Betschet; 02-17-2020 at 06:09 PM.

Good point Betschet. I made the mistake of following the manual and ordered 4.6 springs for my 2019 300 tpi. I'm 210 without riding gear. With the Krooztune kit the 4.6 springs are a little too stiff for me. I've got 4.4 springs on the way. Hopefully i'll be able to test them this weekend and report back.

KTMTalk Member
    Images

I did the same, and didnít figure it out until I installed the Krooztune kit I started with a home brew kit that I made and it felt very harsh on shudder bumps when I was installing the Krooztune kit I came across the new 2020 Slavens spring chart and I got me thinking and I changed them during the kit install and glad I did. Thereís a good chance changing the springs might have made my first attempt better but i liked the idea of adjustable float and my wife needed a idea for a gift so I jumped on it.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456