Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 2019 690 Enduro high frequency vibration in handlebars

Default Re: 2019 690 Enduro high frequency vibration in handlebars

2 suggestions:
    - have the rocker arms checked to make sure they are not self destructing as they did on many of the early bikes.
    - check the air/fuel ratio as a very lean mix will cause vibration. These bikes can have a lot of issues with the fuel delivery system that result in an extremely lean mixture.

2.    Sponsored Links

KTMTalk Member
    Images

Sounds like a big frustration for you is KTM USA and your dealer are not acting/responding the way you think they should. Probably nothing on your end can change that.

As others have mentioned, the Lemon Law. Not sure how that works in NC, but in CA one part of it is how much time the bike was at the dealership being worked on, another is how many times it went in for the same problem. So you could turn into nice customer, and work your plan towards the lemon law, but don't mention that upfront. For example, take it back to the first dealer (2nd trip), nicely suggest leaving it for a time where they can spend some more time on it, they might say something like "we have a 2 week wait", say no worries, and leave the bike. A few weeks later they'll call up saying ain't nuffin wrong with it, go pick it up. Call back 2 days later, saying you know, it really is shaking bad, how about I drop it off again, maybe nicely ask to speak with the owner, nicely ask the owner to have his top tech guy look it over carefully, etc.

Basically nicely work thru the lemon law requirements, so many weeks out of service since it was at the dealership, so many return trips for the same problem, etc.

Once you have all the lemon law requirements met, then bring up the lemon law, get a lawyer involved, and get rid of the bike.

I'd say you have a 90% chance of that working out, and a 1% change of KTM USA/Dealer really digging into your bike's problem and solving it.

The only 690 feedback specific help I can provide is I just installed a BRP rubber mounted top clamp on my 2014 690 and it helped tremendously , much more than I expected . Yes , I am aware the 2014 motor is the older version . Now I will kudos and a bad review to two extremely different deals . First the good kudos A huge shout out goes to Central Florida Power Sports . They assembled , un locked and let me test ride a brand new 300 after they let me ride a brand new demo ( that didn't run anywhere like my new 300 , before the dunking .documented on this forum ). They went over and above board and believed me when I told the demo ran just my dunked 300 ( we found out later it was dunked in Colorado in a KTM event ). The newly assembled bike ran perfectly btw. The dealer gave me a great trade -in purchase prices so I bought it on the spot . They even traded out all of my accessories and suspension to the new bike for free . Oh and KTM in $500 for my trouble ( but I'm excellent at negotiating as I don't get aggressive , mad or insulting ). The very horrible . Motorcycle Enthusiasts in Springhill .These guys are possibly the worst dealership ever......They had my dunked 300 twice after it was dunked . They claimed it ran perfectly twice ( the owner test rode it the second time , they said on the invoice that the bike " ran perfectly but the clutch is slipping ". If a 2019 bike with 20 hours has a slipping clutch why wouldn't you contact the owner of the bike and try to reconcile it ? Btw , the bike has a Rekluse and is easily recognizable by anyone that knows pretty much anything about them . I asked the owner and the mechanic ( I suggested they both we present as we discussed this "repair" bill ) if they knew what a Rekluse is and the mechanic responded that he had "installed hundreds of them " , the owner just nodded he head . I knew at this point we were done and just took my bike . I wound up contesting the credit card bill and won a full refund . BTW ...I have seen multiple bad reviews for this dealer get deleted on Yelp , so beware . Sorry for "hijacking " this thread a bit but I thought KTM USA and CFPS both deserved a huge shoutout and Motorcycle Enthusiasts deserved another $ss whipping .

Have you found the cause yet ?

My 2019 KTM 690 is very smooth - street or dirt. I also have scotts stabilizer w/ BRP submounts. No issues w/ vibrations.
    2018 KTM 250 XC - FMF Fatty, FMF Power Core 2.1, V Force 4R, 36mm SmartCarb 2, 700 ft, Red PV, 1.5 turns in, Motorex 60:1, 93 oct, Rotella T-6 Tranny. Videos of clean jetting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rc_sEkaF1pg, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYldrGE6EH4

2019 KTM 690 Enduro R
    2015 KTM500 XCW
    2012 KTM350 EXC-F
    2006 YZ250 (son #2) - Forsale
    1975 Suzuki TC125 (1st bike)

My YouTube Channel with bike and part reviews: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIV...43AzUrnGD8VGYg

Gone but not forgotten: (18 KTM 250 EXC-F, 17 KTM 1090 Adventure R, 13 500xcw, 12 KTM250xc, 09 KTM300xcw, 05 KTM 400exc)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345