Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AV Gas compatability

Default Re: AV Gas compatability

Quote Originally Posted by kvillektm View Post
    That old Honda will run on anything. Had a friend who used to run it in his ATC 250R. I can still remember the smell, not sure what oil he ran though.
    I used AV gas in my 1985 atc250r, ported 86 cylinder, cool head w/18cc dome, esr atc5 pipe, cr 2001 ignition, esr cr adapter plate, hinson clutch, short track kit(hrc part), rebuilt forks, elka shock, 38 a/s carb, +4 lsr axle and some small stuff. Later on.....custom made NEW atc250r frame hi-strength cro-mo steel, ktm 105sx fork conversion, lrd 295pv, 39 pwk, led pipe, +1 lsr swingarm, pwr radiators, alum air box, stainless brake lines, trx450r brake lever/master and Rath nerf bars. Needless to say....this thing RIPS and goes like it its on rails, I can regularly clear most of the jumps on mx tracks, hang with a better part of the quad riders and destroy the medium skilled quad riders. I haven't ridden it in almost 3 years, next year I gotta get back on it. I use sunoco 100, put lead substitute and amsiol intercepeter in it. The reason for the NEW frame, I kept breaking stock frame, it seamed every 6 months to a year would cost me another frame. It got expensive very quickly.

2.    Sponsored Links

There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with running pump gas, ethanol or not, in your bike. Just don't let the bike sit for 2 months between uses.

Av gas is fine to use as well, and takes years to go bad. But it is very expensive and some say the lead can leave deposits that aren't good ( I have not seen that to be a problem )

If your riding every weekend, its silly to try to buy some special gas when the bike doesn't need it.
    2017 450xcf
    2013 350xcf
    2015 Yamaha FZ-9
    2015 Yamaha FZ-07
    Senior A Harescramble / Enduro
    Love woods riding and Gnarly trails

Youtube handle, GyroRon

Facebook, Ron Awad

Quote Originally Posted by GyroRon View Post
    There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with running pump gas, ethanol or not, in your bike. Just don't let the bike sit for 2 months between uses.

Av gas is fine to use as well, and takes years to go bad. But it is very expensive and some say the lead can leave deposits that aren't good ( I have not seen that to be a problem )

If your riding every weekend, its silly to try to buy some special gas when the bike doesn't need it.

I run a light leaded diet, but the main source is ethonal gas, yeah theres nothing wrong with the ethanol fuel as long as it gets used inside a month. But if it sits, issues will develop , and from my experience on motors that sit, ethonal fuel degrade happens WELL inside of 6 months , so you have about 1.5 month to use it, or suffer issues.

But the real planes don't run on avgas. I must admit, once on a fishing trip I was nervous about the turboprop filling up with marine diesel. Cam.

Lifetime Team KTMTalk

Infrequent riding is my main issue. Cost is irrelevant due to so little used. As stated, I just want consistent quality. Thanks to all.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123