Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: ISDE 2019 - coverage from Portugal

Default Re: ISDE 2019 - coverage from Portugal

Quote Originally Posted by 300man View Post
    Thank you for taking the time to post the video and the updates!!
    It's been our pleasure. We'll sleep when we get on the flight home
    Mike

2.    Sponsored Links

LOGIN AND CLICK THE SHOP ONLINE LINK FOR THE DISCOUNT

Day 5 Video Recap

The contrast between Day 5 and Day 1 is significant. Bikes are looking ragged, bodies are worn down, and if riders are not careful, their mental focus can become dulled which can result in trivial mistakes that may compromise their entire week. That is the essence of the "Six Days". It is not about one special test, or one particularly challenging transfer section, or one bobbled corner. It's the cumulative effect of six full days of racing that all adds up and begins to take a toll....the one mistake that cost you time in a transfer section, which resulted in you not being able to properly eat and drink at the next checkpoint, which then resulted in fatigue and a less than stellar special test, combined with the anticipation of the end of the day work period where you have to change two tires, replace your air filter, swap brake pads, lube your chain, or any other number of maintenance items, but do it all under 15 minutes and all by yourself! Then you go to bed, worrying about what you may have forgotten, or over analyzed your line choice in a special test and how you can do it better the next day. That nagging hot spot on your hand that has now become a huge blister, and you've still got several days and hundreds of miles racing yet to complete. The chafed butt, and the sore muscles, the leaky fork seal, the thought of having to do that dusty, rutted, choppy, silt-infested special test for the 5th time.....oh, and is my quiet insert still in my exhaust and is there going to be a random sound check at the end of the day which will cause me a penalty, and will my bike start on the start line the next morning. What about my teammate who had misfortune strike and is now out after a few days due to bike failure or injury?The list could go on and on, but this is the reality of the ever-compounding challenges of Six Days. Finishing is a huge accomplishment, let alone being competitive in your class. That is why Day 5 is such a milestone. New course and some new tests renew the spirit of the racers and towards the end of the day, their focus can start to shift towards conservation and just making it. Heavy overnight thunderstorms on Thursday night, left the ground saturated for the start of Friday Day 5. There were some new sections of transfer course, and two new special tests, one of which would be run 3 times for the day. Despite the overnight rain, the skies were clear and it looked to be a beautiful day. The early tests were saturated and muddy, especially the route back up the mountain to Marmelete. Riders and bikes were covered in mud when they came back down off the mountain to their first check point....and yet another run through the "Hotel" test. From there they headed to the new Morgado test. The dirt was near perfect for the trophy riders and early club riders in the morning. However, by mid-day, the cold north winds picked up again and even though riders had another muddy transfer section up and back down the mountain, the tests were already getting dry and dusty again by the second loop. End of Day 5, the US World Trophy and Women's Trophy sit in first place and Junior Trophy second, with the final moto occurring on Day 6.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osBNIJSBuA4
    Mike

A big thanks for all the hard work and effort so we can enjoy the event

Best of luck

Congrats to Josh and the Knight family! Six days of racing in the books and a great result for Josh and his team! Thanks again for posting here and all the great video work. Your videos were excellent. Really gave me a added perspective and a deep look into what is the ISDE.

Really great stuff!
    18 TE 300 - The creamsicle
    11 300xc, 10 250xc, 06 300xc, 02 300exc
    ORANGE THE NEW PRIMARY COLOR!
    Doug Henry is, was and always will be THE MAN!
    Pathfinders MC, NETRA

Quote Originally Posted by 300man View Post
    Congrats to Josh and the Knight family! Six days of racing in the books and a great result for Josh and his team! Thanks again for posting here and all the great video work. Your videos were excellent. Really gave me a added perspective and a deep look into what is the ISDE.

Really great stuff!
    I'm glad everyone enjoyed these. Josh was focused on his racing (which he should have been), but his two brothers that were there with him really stepped up to help film and edit the series of videos. Now that we're a week removed, I'm already wishing we were back. We're now enjoying watching these ourselves

I never did post Day 6 as my son finished it a few days after we got home. The final moto was rather anticlimactic and a bit of a diappointment based on location and layout, but racers were all being super conservative at that point and barring disaster, final results were already decided.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vV43fZDhEQ&t=3s
    Mike

Final day was just like Germany 2012 in Sachsenring, nobody liked it.

Among other things the real Motocross track that was initially set was 160km from there, it was not by far to everyone liking and on top of that some other things came in the mix.

You should know that the FIM President in Portuguese so as the FIM Enduro race director...

Hope you liked the ISDE, i truly think it was a sucess.

As a Portuguese we had much better places to host it but i can tell you that the South part of the country as ZERO tradition in Enduro and even if i spend holidays in Algarve several times a years perhaps since i was born never tough it as so good conditions for this type of event (i barely new Serra de Monchique).

Also can inform you that in Algarve we don't have wheather like the present one, it barely rains there.....

This was a great coverage, with a very healthy sense of enduro spirit and fairplay.

Thank you!
    19 KTM ​300 TPI

Quote Originally Posted by car12 View Post
    Final day was just like Germany 2012 in Sachsenring, nobody liked it.

Among other things the real Motocross track that was initially set was 160km from there, it was not by far to everyone liking and on top of that some other things came in the mix.

You should know that the FIM President in Portuguese so as the FIM Enduro race director...

Hope you liked the ISDE, i truly think it was a sucess.

As a Portuguese we had much better places to host it but i can tell you that the South part of the country as ZERO tradition in Enduro and even if i spend holidays in Algarve several times a years perhaps since i was born never tough it as so good conditions for this type of event (i barely new Serra de Monchique).

Also can inform you that in Algarve we don't have wheather like the present one, it barely rains there.....

This was a great coverage, with a very healthy sense of enduro spirit and fairplay.

Thank you!
    Nice to hear from a local.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345