Thread: TPI Throtttle cable

Default TPI Throtttle cable

Hey Guys,
    Watching the last round of the WESS series this week I noticed that the Factory KTM guys only have 1 throttle cable on there TPI bikes they have a plug in the throttle housing where the other cable goes.
    Anyone else try this with any success? Thanks

2.    Sponsored Links

Default Re: TPI Throtttle cable

Im going to try that...already prepared a nice plug for it (150 Tpi will be here in a week or so)

I guess I donít understand why you want to get rid of one of the cables. Can someone enlighten me?

Quote Originally Posted by 72IH View Post
    I guess I donít understand why you want to get rid of one of the cables. Can someone enlighten me?
    Apparently a lighter pull and snappier return of the throttle.
    2020 TE300i

Guess I didnít notice it was much of a chore to twist the throttle. Not have I noticed a slow return to idle.

Not saying donít remove it or everyone who does is wrong. I was just confused as to why. I like the idea that the two cable system can pull the throttled closed off a spring breaks.

Quote Originally Posted by 72IH View Post
    Guess I didnít notice it was much of a chore to twist the throttle. Not have I noticed a slow return to idle.

Not saying donít remove it or everyone who does is wrong. I was just confused as to why. I like the idea that the two cable system can pull the throttled closed off a spring breaks.
    I agree, but some guys are pretty picky. There were a bunch of guys converting the 17-19 bikes back to the old Domino throttles for a similar reason.
    2020 TE300i

I have now 19 XCW150 with SC2 / Motion Pro T3 cable / Domino throttle - it's super easy pull and super smooth - help a lot en Extreme riding when you need to be very gentle and precise when looking for the tiny bit of grip