Thread: TPI Throtttle cable

Default TPI Throtttle cable

Hey Guys,
    Watching the last round of the WESS series this week I noticed that the Factory KTM guys only have 1 throttle cable on there TPI bikes they have a plug in the throttle housing where the other cable goes.
    Anyone else try this with any success? Thanks

2.    Sponsored Links

LOGIN AND CLICK THE SHOP ONLINE LINK FOR THE DISCOUNT

Default Re: TPI Throtttle cable

Im going to try that...already prepared a nice plug for it (150 Tpi will be here in a week or so)

I guess I donít understand why you want to get rid of one of the cables. Can someone enlighten me?

Quote Originally Posted by 72IH View Post
    I guess I donít understand why you want to get rid of one of the cables. Can someone enlighten me?
    Apparently a lighter pull and snappier return of the throttle.
    2020 TE300i

Guess I didnít notice it was much of a chore to twist the throttle. Not have I noticed a slow return to idle.

Not saying donít remove it or everyone who does is wrong. I was just confused as to why. I like the idea that the two cable system can pull the throttled closed off a spring breaks.

Quote Originally Posted by 72IH View Post
    Guess I didnít notice it was much of a chore to twist the throttle. Not have I noticed a slow return to idle.

Not saying donít remove it or everyone who does is wrong. I was just confused as to why. I like the idea that the two cable system can pull the throttled closed off a spring breaks.
    I agree, but some guys are pretty picky. There were a bunch of guys converting the 17-19 bikes back to the old Domino throttles for a similar reason.
    2020 TE300i

I have now 19 XCW150 with SC2 / Motion Pro T3 cable / Domino throttle - it's super easy pull and super smooth - help a lot en Extreme riding when you need to be very gentle and precise when looking for the tiny bit of grip