Thread: Motoz mountain hybrid gummy

Default Motoz mountain hybrid gummy

I have a 2020 ktm 500 exc. Looking for tire recommendations. Wonder if anyone on here has experience with this tire. Looks promising. Will be running tubliss. Iíll be using this bike as dual sport. Do everything bike. So it will see some street to get to the trails. Also if you have any other recommendations please let me know.

2.    Sponsored Links

LOGIN AND CLICK THE SHOP ONLINE LINK FOR THE DISCOUNT

Default Re: Motoz mountain hybrid gummy

Pretty great tire, imo. But expensive.
    2018 300 XC-w
    2002 Honda XR70r
    2002 Honda XR80r

KTMTalk Member
    Blog Entries

For using purely in dirt I was not a fan of that tire however, it is an excellent dual sport tire. True, it will never perform like a full knobbie but it does work pretty good in dirt but also rides well on the street and lasts forever. If I had a 50/50 dual sport and/or planning to put on a lot of miles, I'd seriously consider using a Mountain Hybrid.
    What percent of dirt vs street do you plan to ride with the 500?
    If you're going to do 80% or more on dirt, there are other tires I would suggest.

Quote Originally Posted by motogp1gprix1 View Post
    For using purely in dirt I was not a fan of that tire however, it is an excellent dual sport tire. True, it will never perform like a full knobbie but it does work pretty good in dirt but also rides well on the street and lasts forever. If I had a 50/50 dual sport and/or planning to put on a lot of miles, I'd seriously consider using a Mountain Hybrid.
    What percent of dirt vs street do you plan to ride with the 500?
    If you're going to do 80% or more on dirt, there are other tires I would suggest.
    most of the street riding will be to get to the trails. Iíd say 70 dirt. 30% street. But we do have a weekend ride that takes us about 70 miles of street to get to your riding spot to camp and ride. I ran a pirelli mt43 years ago on a ktm 300 and really like that tire. I figured the mountain hybrid gummy would be better choice, especially with its more rounded profile. We ride a lot of rocks and roots. Not a lot of mud. But do encounter it from time to time.

For what its worth, I'm going back to a mt43. The motoz was good on dirt but I did not like it at all
    on hard pack or rock like in the Moab/ Green river area. I put one on my 19 XCW 300 right out
    of the box. Still have a MT43 on the 16 TE300 and putting one on the XCW before I go down there
    this spring. I have tubliss on both bikes fore and aft.