Thread: Klim XC Lite... pants question?

Default Klim XC Lite... pants question?

Was thinking about picking some of these up. Main concern is are they too lite for most mountain/ western riding where heat isnít a concern? Also, havenít bought new pants for several years... assuming these have enough room to wear cheap knee/ shin guards underneath? Thanks...

2.    Sponsored Links

LOGIN AND CLICK THE SHOP ONLINE LINK FOR THE DISCOUNT

Default Re: Klim XC Lite... pants question?

Personally, I suggest the Dakar or Mojave pants would be better for you.

Hope that helps.

BP

Quote Originally Posted by Brtp4 View Post

Hope that helps.

BP
    Yeah , your probably right. But these are on sale and in the price range Iím looking for. Getting back into riding and having to re-buy all the stuff I sold several years ago for pennies on the dollar! Itís really adding up! Itís either these or another brand that are ďclose outsĒ. I figured this might be a good way to go since Klim seems to have a decent reputation.

I really like my xc pants and jersey.So much I bought a second set after riding in the first set.

The pant fit well over my pod knee braces,fit me well and are the best feeling pants I have ridden in. But I ride in something else if itís cold.

The XC Lite pants are very well vented. They are my primary riding pants except when it's wet or really cold. I have the Leatt Dual Axis knee pads and they fit perfectly over those.
    2020 TE300i

Quote Originally Posted by Brtp4 View Post

Hope that helps.

BP
    I agree with him, I really like the Dakar pants. They'll keep you warm enough for spring morning & winter (with a base layer) rides then in summer mid-day just zip open the vents.

Also it's nice having accessible pockets like the Dakar & Mojave's pants have.

Quote Originally Posted by Addicted View Post
    I agree with him, I really like the Dakar pants. They'll keep you warm enough for spring morning & winter (with a base layer) rides then in summer mid-day just zip open the vents.

Also it's nice having accessible pockets like the Dakar & Mojave's pants have.
    The XC Lites have a pocket too.
    2020 TE300i

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus73 View Post
    The XC Lites have a pocket too.
    Thanks for the correction, that makes them even a better value.

Quote Originally Posted by CoHiCntry View Post
    Was thinking about picking some of these up. Main concern is are they too lite for most mountain/ western riding where heat isnít a concern? Also, havenít bought new pants for several years... assuming these have enough room to wear cheap knee/ shin guards underneath? Thanks...
    These are my go to pants in the summer in Colo. Very well made, durable, and well vented. I hang them up come November. Break them out for the Spring in the west. I have two seasons on mine riding every weekend in the summer plus a Colo 500.
    2017 250 XC
    2008 200 XC-W
    18 Year Colo 500 Vet
    Colorado 500 Board Member
    Colorado 500 Scholarship Committee Member.

Lifetime Team KTMTalk

The XC light is a step up from Fly, Shot, etc. Racers run the gear they are paid too or get it free. There are some very fast guys tuning Klžm as a choose.
    Klim may not be as big as some companyís but mid season when about every one has close outs, Klžm is sold out.