Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: SX Round 2

Userid

Default Re: SX Round 2

Quote Originally Posted by ij616 View Post
    Yanno, I question if the Baker Factory MO doesn't run guys down. No doubt it works for guys that do have a bit of weight issue (RC, Ozzie) but I remember how ghant KR looked while training with him and also have wondered the same with Marvin M.
    I forget who's quote (high level athlete) was asked about over-training, and he felt that was the wrong way to look at it, but rather "under recovering". If they run it like a boot camp, then they could be running some guys ragged, especially if they are used to some athletes taking PEDs and those who don't will not be able to recover as fast.

When I had low T levels, a tough weekend ride could wipe me out for a whole week (summer months so wasn't susceptible to illness). With normal levels I can ride the whole week.
    2012 250xc
    2009 KLX351

2.    Sponsored Links

LOGIN AND CLICK THE SHOP ONLINE LINK FOR THE DISCOUNT

Lifetime Team KTMTalk
    Userid

Quote Originally Posted by zedro View Post
    I forget who's quote (high level athlete) was asked about over-training, and he felt that was the wrong way to look at it, but rather "under recovering". If they run it like a boot camp, then they could be running some guys ragged, especially if they are used to some athletes taking PEDs and those who don't will not be able to recover as fast.

When I had low T levels, a tough weekend ride could wipe me out for a whole week (summer months so wasn't susceptible to illness). With normal levels I can ride the whole week.
    What type facility found your levels low? Regular Dr or one of those clinics that specialize in T treatments? Thanks.

Userid
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ij616 View Post
    Yanno, I question if the Baker Factory MO doesn't run guys down. No doubt it works for guys that do have a bit of weight issue (RC, Ozzie) but I remember how ghant KR looked while training with him and also have wondered the same with Marvin M.
    The Baker Factory has been producing champions for two decades, their record is proven most riders would benefit from the training provided by them.

Userid
    Images

The Baker Factory has been producing champions for two decades, their record is proven most riders would benefit from the training provided by them.
    Well of course, but KR didn't seem to jell with it and IMO Marvin has appeared gassed at times the last couple years.

Not knocking the program, just making the observation that it might not be the best for everyone.

but rather "under recovering".
    With the grind of SX into the Nationals, I don't see how these guys recover at all. Superhuman
    Last edited by ij616; 01-14-2020 at 08:37 AM. Reason: d
    ike jones
    11 250xc
    08 250xc (sons)
    previous Katies: 86-350, 89-250, 91-300, 98-250, 00-200, 01-250, 04-250

Lifetime Team KTMTalk
    Userid

I think the constant illness and injuries show they are quite possibly overtrained especially as the year goes on. I see the term "under recovered" as the same thing. Many NFL pro trainers learned long ago that as the season progressed it was very important to lower the intensity of the training to lessen the injuries and illness. Many coaches being hard headed and old school resisted this but things finally improved. I think the "combat fatigue" issue may be playing a part in moto sports also.
    Last edited by Irishcoffee; 01-14-2020 at 02:11 PM.

Userid
    Blog Entries

Here in SoCal where most of the riders have been for the last couple of months the hospitals have been overrun with Flu patients. It`s so bad here that some hospitals have erected temporary shelters outside of the hospitals so it`s no surprise to me that so many riders are sick.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234