Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 7K Machine AER48 Q&A

Default Re: 7K Machine AER48 Q&A

As a consumer, my preference is that the vendor just talk about their product and why I should buy it, and leave any comments about a competitor's product out of the conversation. I will do the research myself and decide what I want.

I bought the 7K AER revalve kit, probably one of the first purchased. I am just a regular rider (not a suspension pro), so if I buy shims from SDI they cost me .89 each. With shipping, just the shims would be nearly half the cost of the 7K kit. I just got around to starting the install this Sunday. Got two email replies Sunday and a phone answered directly Monday morning. It is a hassle and expensive to ship suspension so a kit that someone has done the testing to validate it works in the conditions I ride in appeals to me. If it works then 140 bucks with shipping and tax is a bargain. That is the bottom line period. I don't have any time to test settings myself and make changes by trial and error.

Sunday we have our first TSCEC Enduro for 2020. The race property has one particular loop of cobby limestone ledges and other decomposed rock surfaces. It will be rough and fast and the ideal test of this product. I will post up a race report and let everyone know how the 7K shim kit works for me.

I really like the suspension forum here, but too many times we have awesome contributors that quit posting because for some reason online suspension discussions turn into virtual dickswinging competitions. This is just a general comment on what I have seen over the years, and it is not directed specifically at anyone that has posted in this thread.
    Last edited by Johnf3; 01-21-2020 at 11:51 PM.
    '19 FX 350
    '13 450 SXF
    '01 520 EXC
    '06 950S Adventure

2.    Sponsored Links

LOGIN AND CLICK THE SHOP ONLINE LINK FOR THE DISCOUNT

KTMTalk Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnf3 View Post
    Sunday we have our first TSCEC Enduro for 2020. The race property has one particular loop of cobby limestone ledges and other decomposed rock surfaces. It will be rough and fast and the ideal test of this product. I will post up a race report and let everyone know how the 7K shim kit works for me.
    I have been pondering the purchase of the 7k kit and have had conversations with Bikedude regarding its application to my suspension. Currently, I have the MXTech A48R kit in my '17 350 XCF, and with the JoeT shim stacks am about 90% happy with the setup. I am very interested in how it works for you. I raced the TSCEC series two years ago and have knowledge of the riding you will be doing to test the suspension. I will be looking forward to your review,
    "I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was." Toby Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Johnf3 View Post
    As a consumer, my preference is that the vendor just talk about their product and why I should buy it, and leave any comments about a competitor's product out of the conversation. I will do the research myself and decide what I want.

I bought the 7K AER revalve kit, probably one of the first purchased. I am just a regular rider (not a suspension pro), so if I buy shims from SDI they cost me .89 each. With shipping, just the shims would be nearly half the cost of the 7K kit. I just got around to starting the install this Sunday. Got two email replies Sunday and a phone answered directly Monday morning. It is a hassle and expensive to ship suspension so a kit that someone has done the testing to validate it works in the conditions I ride in appeals to me. If it works then 140 bucks with shipping and tax is a bargain. That is the bottom line period. I don't have any time to test settings myself and make changes by trial and error.

I really like the suspension forum here, but too many times we have awesome contributors that quit posting because for some reason online suspension discussions turn into virtual dickswinging competitions. This is just a general comment on what I have seen over the years, and it is not directed specifically at anyone that has posted in this thread.
    I look forward to hearing your feedback! And I appreciate that last comment
    Kenny Schipper
    7kmachine.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123