Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread: 2020 300 xc tpi major failure

Default Re: 2020 300 xc tpi major failure

Quote Originally Posted by bjackson View Post
    Azan,

If someone wants to post a picture and description of an engine failure and ask the community if they know what happened, that's what we're here for. We can offer our thoughts and observations and questions to try to help the poster figure it out. I for one would like to offer my observations, thoughts, and questions respectfully, but I would like answers to my questions, especially if previous answers don't appear to align fully with the observable evidence; in this case the picture of the piston seems to offer some unanswered questions.

I have now posted 4 times trying to get my questions answered (posts 21, 146, 151, 154). In those postings I have already postulated every scenario you have offered, but I still have my last 3 questions. From what I can see, there are features of the picture I can't explain. So I asked questions once again. I hope the OP can resolve things with answers, cause in my mind the facts (the picture of the piston) and the explanations offered so far don't align. Maybe the picture is just not clear enough to see what actually happened to the bottom ring and its still properly located. That's what my last 3 questions are about.

Posters asking for help from the community should do their best to answer all questions and provide additional descriptive responses as the community examines the material offered by the poster. I for one would appreciate not being taken to task for asking questions in a respectful manner ("If you cant look at the piston and information supplied to determine what happened perhaps you are in the wrong business of two strokes.").
    I respect what you are saying and agree and apologise. That comment was not directed at you in anyway shape or form. Please do not take it that I was.

2.    Sponsored Links

LOGIN AND CLICK THE SHOP ONLINE LINK FOR THE DISCOUNT

Images

Default Re: 2020 300 xc tpi major failure

Quote Originally Posted by azan View Post
    I respect what you are saying and agree and apologise. That comment was not directed at you in anyway shape or form. Please do not take it that I was.
    No need to apologise. One of the reasons I participate here at KTMTalk is the willingness to have worthwhile conversations about solving problems or understanding how things work. It is the most helpful forum I'm aware of. Glad to have your participation.
    Barry
    When I arrive at my grave I want it to be because I was in a full-on foot draggin' power slide into the hole and my bike landed on top of me. My heirs can dig me out, turn me to ashes and spread them on my favorite trail.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617