Thread: Handlebar mount for iPhone? 😂

Images

Default Handlebar mount for iPhone? 😂

Just a thought. Anybody try this? Itís got a GPS in it! Donít know if you can track your miles ridden. But it will tell you your speed!
    Scott
    2002 KTM 250SX
    Phil 4:13

Old bikes:
    2003 Honda XR50
    1996 Honda CR125
    1987 Suzuki RM80
    1979 Suzuki RM125
    1979 Suzuki DS100
    1973 Yamaha GTMX80

2.    Sponsored Links

LOGIN AND CLICK THE SHOP ONLINE LINK FOR THE DISCOUNT

Default Re: Handlebar mount for iPhone? 😂

The Perfect Squeeze from Hondo Garage is the best motorcycle phone mount. Period. As one might expect you pay a premium for the best. I use it with the bar tab mount.

The best part about the mount is that it's so low profile; it's not even the highest thing attached to the bars. I've literally sent my bike tumbling down a rock feature that I looped out on with no damage to my phone, nor did it even fall out of the mount. I use it for dual sport riding and single track trail riding. Feel free to pound endless whoops, hit jumps, ride through rocky stream beds, crash, and slam into G-outs so hard it breaks your wrist. I have done all those things. Your phone will never come out of the mount.

There is a phone mounted on my bike with the Perfect Squeeze in this picture. It's so low profile, you can barely even see it sticking up behind the headlight mask.

Here's another picture from the cockpit (ignore the purple unicorn zip tied to my bars)

But a word of warning, don't put your brand new iPhone 11 in there. The vibrations from a single cylinder bike will kill it. I use an old Android phone that I don't care about and keep my 'real' phone off the bars.

Images

All sounds great until you got to the vibration will kill phone part! What's up with the unicorn?
    Scott
    2002 KTM 250SX

Old bikes:
    2003 Honda XR50
    1996 Honda CR125
    1987 Suzuki RM80
    1979 Suzuki RM125
    1979 Suzuki DS100
    1973 Yamaha GTMX80

Quote Originally Posted by Moto315 View Post
    All sounds great until you got to the vibration will kill phone part! [/img]
    The vibes from a thumper seem to like to kill the image stabilization function of iPhones. Then your pictures will start to look very strange.
    They actually sell a product to combat the issue called the Buzz-Kill. But like I said, I just use an old phone without service so I don't care. I've been using that Galaxy S7 Edge in the pictures as my GPS for several years on both 2 strokes and 4 strokes with no problems over 100s of hours. I don't use it to take pictures, I use my real phone, so the camera could be broken and I don't know/care.

Quote Originally Posted by Moto315 View Post
    What's up with the unicorn?
    It's just like a booby prize that my group of Baja friends pass back and forth. Do something dumb and you get sally zip tied to your bars until someone else does something sufficiently dumb for you to pass it off to them. I had her that day because I didn't strap my dry bag on correctly and it swung down under the fender and got a hole burned in it by the tire.

Iíve used a ball mount from ram. And then the gripper phone holder. The one with the adjustable claws. I also run one of those trendy wrist bands around it. Whoever is handing them out.. Works great. I run MotionX and itís way better than just about any bulky heavy gps. Preload the satťlite maps. Down to whatever zoom and itís a lifesaver. Iíve navigated out of the wilderness when the route I needed to take closed down. Using landmarks from space.. 😬

This thing..

https://www.amazon.com/RAM-B-149Z-PD.../dp/B002KETWIU

Donít get me wrong.. for gps racing.. you need to run with whatever the org says you need.. but bombing around in the woods and trail scouting.. I use my iPhone7.
    Last edited by TCE; 02-27-2020 at 07:44 PM.

I use one of the armband holders, wrap it around the bar pad.
    1999 300 MXC
    1999 250 EXC

Images

Quote Originally Posted by TCE View Post
    Iíve used a ball mount from ram. And then the gripper phone holder. The one with the adjustable claws. I also run one of those trendy wrist bands around it. Whoever is handing them out.. Works great. I run MotionX and itís way better than just about any bulky heavy gps. Preload the satťlite maps. Down to whatever zoom and itís a lifesaver. Iíve navigated out of the wilderness when the route I needed to take closed down. Using landmarks from space.. 

This thing..

https://www.amazon.com/RAM-B-149Z-PD.../dp/B002KETWIU

Donít get me wrong.. for gps racing.. you need to run with whatever the org says you need.. but bombing around in the woods and trail scouting.. I use my iPhone7.
    Cool. With Motion X are you able to download trail maps? Example, Michigan trail maps from DNR. Looks like app has good reviews and responses to issues by developer looks like they are trying to continually improve it.
    Scott
    2002 KTM 250SX

Old bikes:
    2003 Honda XR50
    1996 Honda CR125
    1987 Suzuki RM80
    1979 Suzuki RM125
    1979 Suzuki DS100
    1973 Yamaha GTMX80

Images

Quote Originally Posted by RodC View Post
    I use one of the armband holders, wrap it around the bar pad.
    That sounds simple and pretty easy!
    Scott
    2002 KTM 250SX

Old bikes:
    2003 Honda XR50
    1996 Honda CR125
    1987 Suzuki RM80
    1979 Suzuki RM125
    1979 Suzuki DS100
    1973 Yamaha GTMX80

Iím not sure, thatís a great question for the developer..
    But I run satťlite maps.. and they work great!
    Tracks are solid and I love the feature to only load the areas you want and to what zoom to not use tons of unnecessary space..

For me.. seeing around the next corner is priceless-
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 613B96E5-3439-4768-A81E-46D79E110CF0.jpg  

I use an ipad mini. I can see it really well riding at speed.
    I have shaken a couple of I phone X'x appart on teh bars. The & works good on the bars. I just ned a bigger screen.
    I have the mini n a mob armor case and a ram mount 1.5" ball
    We use leadnav for our navigation routes that we build.
    Ď19 KTM 350exc Kreft Moto RC. Clake two.
    '13 Husaberg FE350 Plated. Kreft Moto. Clake two. TR 390 big bore
    '13 Husaberg FE250 Plated (son's scoot) Kreft Moto. Clake two
    '14 Husqvarna FE250 Plated (wife's low-rider) Kreft Moto Lowered 2.5"
    '17 Freeride 250R Plated (wife's 2nd ride) Kreft moto. Clake two. Lectron
    '17 Freeride 250R Plated (daughter's) Kreft Moto. Clake Pro. Rekluse. Lectron
    and 40 years of other 2 wheeled fun