Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Slavens

KTMTalk Member

Default Re: Slavens

I needed a starter bendix for my 2014XC he had it in stock, it locked up after just a few starts sent him an email late Saturday evening, one of his guys responded Sunday morning and shipped one out 2 day mail on Monday as I told him overnight was not needed as I would not get to touch the bike the next week because of work travel

Good guys in my book

2.    Sponsored Links

LOGIN AND CLICK THE SHOP ONLINE LINK FOR THE DISCOUNT

In canada we get dinged shipping as well as brokerage. Rocky includes brokerage and fair shipping.

I purchase most of my aftermarket parts from Slavens Racing these days. I live in rural SE Utah and usually receive my orders in 3 business days. I used to purchase aftermarket parts exclusively from RMATVMC but since they switched to FedEx shipping it takes nearly a week to receive my orders and because I live in the same state as RMATVMC, I have to pay sales tax. That offsets the fact that I have to pay shipping on orders from Slavens Racing. Slavens Racing has competitive prices and their staff has always been very helpful whenever I have had any questions. To top it off, thereís always a handwritten thank you note signed by the employee fulfilling the order on the invoice. Iíll continue to be a customer of Slavens Racing!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 06E9121B-EF7C-4030-8F9C-6F64F695F140.jpg  

I bought a springs for my 2020 300 from Slavens. I used their chart and added them to my cart and was about to pay. I decide to call to be certain I was getting the right springs. I was off on the front and they corrected it for me before shipping. Very happy with the amount of spring information on the site and the customer service on the phone.

t_bare
    2002 Ducati 998
    2008 Ducati Hypermotard S
    2013 Ducati Multistrada GT
    2016 Ducati Panigale 959
    2020 KTM 300 XC-W Six Days

Quote Originally Posted by siaknijustin View Post
    I purchase most of my aftermarket parts from Slavens Racing these days. I live in rural SE Utah and usually receive my orders in 3 business days. I used to purchase aftermarket parts exclusively from RMATVMC but since they switched to FedEx shipping it takes nearly a week to receive my orders and because I live in the same state as RMATVMC, I have to pay sales tax. That offsets the fact that I have to pay shipping on orders from Slavens Racing. Slavens Racing has competitive prices and their staff has always been very helpful whenever I have had any questions. To top it off, thereís always a handwritten thank you note signed by the employee fulfilling the order on the invoice. Iíll continue to be a customer of Slavens Racing!
    We all pay tax on our Rocky Mtn orders now, not just you. There was a thread about it a while back.

I live in Western Nevada, and 95% of my Rocky Mtn orders ship from the Payson UT warehouse and get to me the next day. In fact I placed an order yesterday at 10:44 am and the tracking shows it's out for delivery today, that's normal. They didn't switch exclusively to Fedex, because my orders are usually OnTrac or UPS; sometimes FedEx; I have no idea how they decide which carrier to use for any given order. My point is that you live about 260 miles from the warehouse, something is going horribly wrong if it takes a full week to ship an order to you. You should call them and try to find out whats up with that.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by firffighter View Post
    Jeff has a unique personality and he doesn't cone across as warm and fuzzy. Guys get put off by personality, but his extensive experience and knowledge are tops in the industry. He often provides useful videos and tips that have nothing to do with selling any products. I've had excellent customer service with Slavens and he's been generous with his time in responding to email about different topics not related to his products.

It's funny how many guys get put off by Jeff, but hanf on every word from Kyle at Dirt Bike Channel who has very little experience, but is a smooth talker.
    This exactly. Don't be thin skinned and you'll have a good experience.
    Enduro Riders Association http://aces-races.com
    Current bikes.
    15 350 xcf-w 6 days
    14 350 xcf-w
    15 250 xcf-w Sons bike

Latest email from Slavens he's talking about fork guards and how great they are because they are made from plastic.

He goes on to demonstrate by banging it on a stone wall.

In the same email he's talking about radiator guards that are a must have because the plastic louvers that come on KTM's are made from plastic and have no integrity.

To be fair the fork guards are for chips., The Rad guards are to prevent sticks from smashing through your rads.... Plastic will bend out of the way and theres no way a stick is ever gong to puncture a fork.

Quote Originally Posted by thedub View Post
    We all pay tax on our Rocky Mtn orders now, not just you. There was a thread about it a while back.

I live in Western Nevada, and 95% of my Rocky Mtn orders ship from the Payson UT warehouse and get to me the next day. In fact I placed an order yesterday at 10:44 am and the tracking shows it's out for delivery today, that's normal. They didn't switch exclusively to Fedex, because my orders are usually OnTrac or UPS; sometimes FedEx; I have no idea how they decide which carrier to use for any given order. My point is that you live about 260 miles from the warehouse, something is going horribly wrong if it takes a full week to ship an order to you. You should call them and try to find out whats up with that.
    I complained to them regarding their shipping about 18 months ago. The next couple of orders were sent USPS. After those two, they went back to shipping my stuff FedEx and it was back to waiting 5 business days. Back in the day when everything I ordered was shipped UPS, if I got my order in before 11am, I would receive it following business day. Iím nowhere near the interstate and I know that is a major factor.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by siaknijustin View Post
    I complained to them regarding their shipping about 18 months ago. The next couple of orders were sent USPS. After those two, they went back to shipping my stuff FedEx and it was back to waiting 5 business days. Back in the day when everything I ordered was shipped UPS, if I got my order in before 11am, I would receive it following business day. Iím nowhere near the interstate and I know that is a major factor.
    I complained to Rocky mnt a dozen times, they dont care. I used to get stuff from Utah in 3 days, then they opened the KY warehouse and I got it in 1 day, then the shipping started sucking and it took 5-14 days. Fock them.
    Enduro Riders Association http://aces-races.com
    Current bikes.
    15 350 xcf-w 6 days
    14 350 xcf-w
    15 250 xcf-w Sons bike

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12