Thread: Any experience with TCX Comp Evo fit?

Default Any experience with TCX Comp Evo fit?

Hi guys. I happened upon a pair of previously owned but never worn TCX boots. I have an extremely small foot (heck, Iím extremely small, so I guess that matches lol) so I have no problem finding inexpensive hardly used boots, since kids outgrow them so quickly. Anyhow...

The foot portion fits great. Roomy in the toe box, with IMO a good comfy additional length. Problem #1 is the ankles. They are pivot boots. Iím not sure if that has anything to do with it, but they seem to be quite generous with the amount of plastic at the ankles, so they really dig into the bone. Mostly my left foot. I was wondering if others have found the same discomfort? And has anyone ever tried inserting anything into a boot that would kind of change the shape, reshaping the plastic? Similar to back when cobblers would stretch leather shoes.

Iíve not worn the boots yet. Iím thinking if I canít get the area in question a little more comfy, I may have to just re-sell them.

Problem #2 is the same ankle area, except itís the shape of the rear part that covers the Achillesí tendon. It curves in so far that itís difficult to even get my heel pushed to the back of the boot. So it tends to push my foot forward into the toe. Wondering if breaking in the boot will help with that?

I donít have a lot of experience with boots, as mine tend to last a long time. Tbh the only somewhat higher end boots Iíve owned are AStars Tech 7s. I personally do not like them. Although somewhat comfy for stiff boots, the left has leaked since day 1, and a buckle broke on the 2nd ride. IMO they are highly overpriced for what you get. Regardless, the fit is completely different and much more ergonomic to my feet.

So I guess Iím trying to figure out if my problem is familiar to others here? Or do I have weird feet? And would I be better off going another route? I really like the construction of the TCX boots, especially having a pivot. And the "Competizione" across the outer toe looks really cool, but thatís beside the point lol. I just donít want to wear them 3-4 times, find out they donít work, and completely lose the resell value.

Sorry so long winded. Just trying to be clear. Thanks for hanging this far if youíre still reading. Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Bron-Yr-Aur; 03-20-2020 at 09:04 PM.
    "That's what you get for pretending the danger's not real" - RWaters

"I have loved some ladies, and I have loved Jim Beam,
    And they both tried to kill me, in 1973" - HWJr

2.    Sponsored Links

LOGIN AND CLICK THE SHOP ONLINE LINK FOR THE DISCOUNT

Default Re: Any experience with TCX Comp Evo fit?

I was super excited about mine but I had some pressure points and they wore faster than I expected, good thing I got a good deal. I kept them as a spare set and tried some sidi crossfire 3 which was better but still not that comfortable, I'm back to gaerne sg12 again and I don't think I'll try anything else from now on. Hope that helps, I don't remember where my pressure points were because I haven't worn them in quite some time, I can try them on if you want to know if I have the same pressure points.

I also tried them and had pressure points. I did make it better by putting on three pairs of heavy Sox and taking a heat gun to the pressure points then walking around. Never really got them comfortable though. I always figited my feet in them. Then the sole wore out super fast and delaminated. I was done with them at that point. Expensive experiment. Went back to SG12's.
    '19 KTM 350 SX-F
    '17 KTM 300 XC-W Six Days
    '16 KTM 350 XC-F w/ dual sport kit

Thanks guys. Sorry I hadnít checked this thread in a while, since it didnít initially get traction here. I got quite the opposite reaction over on TT. Some really love theirs. But Iím thinking if theyíre starting out with me having to make them more comfortable, I might need to just try to get rid of them again. With my small feet, itís very easy for me to find virtually unused Gaerneís and other high end boots for a very cheap price. I may just go that route instead. Thanks again.
    "That's what you get for pretending the danger's not real" - RWaters

"I have loved some ladies, and I have loved Jim Beam,
    And they both tried to kill me, in 1973" - HWJr

I've run a set of the Michelin Evo Comps for a couple of seasons. They have been very comfortable and held up well. I would rate them up there with SG10's in comfort for my feet.
    One feature I appreciate is no metal toe caps. For some reason, I cannot keep them on a set of boots to save my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Scot View Post
    I've run a set of the Michelin Evo Comps for a couple of seasons. They have been very comfortable and held up well. I would rate them up there with SG10's in comfort for my feet.
    One feature I appreciate is no metal toe caps. For some reason, I cannot keep them on a set of boots to save my life.
    The SG12 toe caps is exactly why I tried them! I was tired of fighting the dang things and wanted to try that kind of sole out. I had high hopes for them with the price I paid.
    '19 KTM 350 SX-F
    '17 KTM 300 XC-W Six Days
    '16 KTM 350 XC-F w/ dual sport kit

Went out in the garage and looked them over and remembered why I quit wearing them.

Attachment 36812