Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2012 450 XCW Stalling Issue

Default Re: 2012 450 XCW Stalling Issue

I also have this exact issue on my 2016 450sxf, haven't found a solution yet, should be getting the tps cables to check that out soon. Bike is solely used as a snow bike. Very unpredictable, probably had the issue here and there right off the bat, then went about 20 engine hours without a single hiccup, had an occasional problem last few rides, and last ride it seemed like it would stall more often than it would run if the throttle was chopped quickly. Results in some silly crashes on the snow bike since there isn't a way to put a foot down in a lot of places when the bike decides to stall.

Sometimes just idles really low for 10-30 seconds then returns to normal, starts and runs ok cold. If it's not the tps im thinking its got to be one of the other sensors giving a bogus output

2.    Sponsored Links

LOGIN AND CLICK THE SHOP ONLINE LINK FOR THE DISCOUNT

I ordered a new TPS and set it at .61, set idle 14 turns out from CCW (was originally at 16), installed a new spark plug and did an ECU reset yesterday. Did a short 5 minute test run around the yard and it ran perfect.

Started it today, let it warm up and checked it again...now I'm getting decel pop off-throttle and flame-outs from idle on-throttle.

Quote Originally Posted by kwb377 View Post
    I ordered a new TPS and set it at .61, set idle 14 turns out from CCW (was originally at 16), installed a new spark plug and did an ECU reset yesterday. Did a short 5 minute test run around the yard and it ran perfect.

Started it today, let it warm up and checked it again...now I'm getting decel pop off-throttle and flame-outs from idle on-throttle.
    In that case take the tps up to .64, it will enrichen the early throttle

if that really doesnt do much, then you may have a leak somewhere in your fuel pump
    Last edited by spud786; 04-01-2020 at 09:24 PM.

Update on mine, I found that wiggling the wiring harness above the throttle body and the plug for the BAP (or whatever is on top of the throttle body) fixes the problem, successfully done this twice so far with immediate results. Bike is going to be stored and rebuilt for next season soon soon so I will post updates if I can pinpoint what is going on.

Bumped the to .64 and rode it the last two days...seems fine so far. I'll probably go ahead and send the ECU off next week to Blais for a remap.

Bumped the to .64 and rode it the last two days...seems fine so far. I'll probably go ahead and send the ECU off next week to Blais for a remap.
    If you have the stock XCW map on an XCW, Blais cant do anything with the ecu(its locked), it has to already have the Euro map installed.

I'm not sure which map it has. I bought it used 2 years ago, and soon after had the top end done at a local dealer. When I asked if they could hook it up to see if it had the Euro map (didn't ask them to remap, just verify which map it had), they freaked out and claimed that KTM was fining dealers $10k for messing with ECU's.

I'm not sure which map it has. I bought it used 2 years ago, and soon after had the top end done at a local dealer. When I asked if they could hook it up to see if it had the Euro map (didn't ask them to remap, just verify which map it had), they freaked out and claimed that KTM was fining dealers $10k for messing with ECU's.
    Sounds like a dealer that doesn't know much, to just look for the mapping number.

But remaps are offically dead , the only ktm dealer in Texas that who regular could do it, cant do it anymore, pretty much aftermarket ecu is the only Real option, for newest bikes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12