Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Beet Juice--Hypertension

Default Re: Beet Juice--Hypertension

Quote Originally Posted by Irishcoffee View Post
    I'll ask my Dr. My heart rate has always been low due to staying in good condition, never any diabetes issue.
    I was just looking at some literature of the 2 drugs mentioned and they were related to diabetes conditions. THen you mentioned, no diabetes, so that's a stumper.

The normal heart rate is 60 to 100 Beats, Ive never had issue with that and normally reside in the 65 to 75 range. But Im on this 5 mg amlodipine daily, if I work out in the heat (yard mow) or go riding in the heat, come back inside and check BP within about 10 minutes after slight relaxing, I drop to 119 to 127 BP (which is good).

But I don't stay that way, once I cool way down, I pop back up in the 150's or higher. Seems I have the DNA of a Lizard, I need a lot of heat and activity.

The Doctor also gave me lisinopril but I hate that stuff(refuse to take it), so doctor says can issue something different(after they got the Hint), I say why not double the Amlodipine, since it agrees with me.

But I find it strange how heat and activity, BP has such drastic difference(lower BP), than just lounging around in the air conditioning(higher BP).
    Last edited by spud786; 06-29-2020 at 02:21 PM.

2.    Sponsored Links

LOGIN AND CLICK THE SHOP ONLINE LINK FOR THE DISCOUNT

Quote Originally Posted by dgbhagat View Post
    I would recommend cutting down salt intake to 1500 to 2000 mg. If you are overweight, reduction of weight will improve blood pressure too. If you have anxiety or situational stress, that may also
    be affecting your blood pressure. Look at all this factors and try to mitigate them. Underlying Sleep Apnea can also elevate blood pressure.
    Yeah, I hear ya, and I stopped eating Chocolate and ice-cream , salted lay potato chips, and instantly dropped 10 lbs in a week. Im looking for another 10lb drop, to around 200 lb.

Lifetime Team KTMTalk

Just like me you may need to search out a new Dr. My GP has been great in every other aspect of my health and I could have all the time I needed to discuss things. But for whatever reason he could not get the BP meds correct. I ended up with a friends cardiologist at the very top of the ladder and he got me in great condition with just a couple adjustments in a short time period. Ask everyone you know and can depend on who they use for their BP meds and discuss their experience with them. Do not be afraid to get a 2nd opinion from another Dr. I still kept my GP for everything else but the BP stuff. Good luck.
    Last edited by Irishcoffee; 07-01-2020 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Irishcoffee View Post
    . Do not be afraid to get a 2nd opinion from another Dr. I still kept my GP for everything else but the BP stuff. Good luck.
    THats how I got the amlodipine, a different doctor. I havent been to a doctor in many many many years ( i didnt even have a doctor), so this pandemic gave me time, to do this. Im only suppose to take one pill aday (5mg) but have been taking a pill and a half, and its better (my results), the max dose is 10 mg, or 2 pills a day, which Im eventually going to have some discussion doing that, unless they say its really a bad idea.

Other wise, I might as well get the wifes medicine (which is a 2 drug combo), of amolidipine and bentrlsomething. But I prefer the single drug if I can get away with it.

The doctor who gave me the amodipine, I was talking about side effects I didnt want(anything that slows physical responsivness) or (vaques the thought process), and he pretty much said, you just have to try it, cause every drug effects different people , different ways.

somebody mentioned cutting that lisinopril in half, and that does help, if I had to take it. I tried it for a test.

Lifetime Team KTMTalk

Good luck!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456