Thread: Sherco's Webb to race a few GNCC's satring May 31st

Default Sherco's Webb to race a few GNCC's satring May 31st

After a successful return to racing for the Grand National Cross Country series last weekend at the Bulldog GNCC, the next round will have a surprise guest starting on row two in the shape of former EnduroCross and SuperEnduro World Champion, Cody Webb. Looking at mixing up his own schedule, Webb will race round five, Camp Coker GNCC scheduled for May 31, as hardcore training ahead of his next AMA Extreme Enduro race, Tough Like RORR – July 4-5 in Tamaqua, Pennsylvania. Webb has previously raced GNCC, back in 2011 at Loretta Lynn’s where he finished 26th overall and eighth in XC1 Pro class. Incidentally that race also saw some guy called Toby Price finish fourth overall (behind Charlie Mullins, Kailub Russell and Paul Whibley), whatever happened to him?A lot has changed since then for Cody, not least his switch to the FactoryONE Sherco team but he says he’s ready to get his butt kicked once again at a brutal GNCC, “I am really excited for the opportunity to race another GNCC. The first one I raced was back in 2011 and it was a double header weekend at Loretta Lynn’s. It completely kicked my butt and I am sure the same thing will happen again, but I'm looking forward to the challenge both physically and mentally.” Webb will switch from his usual 300cc, two-stroke Sherco to race the SEF 250 Factory, “With none of my usual races going on, I wanted to utilize my downtime and learn something new. I haven’t raced a 250 four stroke since 2016. I am looking forward to having fun on the smaller bore, allowing me to control the 250 rather than a 450 taking me for a ride. It will be a great and humbling experience, but I can't turn down a chance to go racing and I can't wait.”Cody Webb will join FactoryONE Sherco's Grant Baylor at GNCC round five of 2020
    '74 Ossa Guy,

20 Sherco 300 SE
    18 TRS 250 RR
    14 Beta 300 RR
    02 GasGas 280 TXT Pro
    Following and participating in this sport since 1972

2.    Sponsored Links

LOGIN AND CLICK THE SHOP ONLINE LINK FOR THE DISCOUNT

Default Re: Sherco's Webb to race a few GNCC's satring May 31st

It'll be interesting to see how he does. He definitely has some speed and has competed well in traditional hare scrambles and enduros out west, but I know GNCC is a whole different ball game. Top 20 would likely be a solid result, I'd think.

I also saw that they've revised the statement and he'll be racing XC1. Apparently he has to as there's a rule if you've won a national championship in the last 4 years, you have to race XC1. He'll still be on the 250 SEF, though.
    '17 250 XC
    '15 500 XCW

I wonder if he'll switch to the 300sefr then, since running in XC1? Somewhere else a couple weeks ago I saw he mentioned riding the 300sefr for another discipline, maybe endurocross?
    19 KTM 300 XC/W TPI
    Gnarly pipe
    N10Z Pro Kit forks
    Kroozetune PDS shock kit
    15 Sherco 300 SEF-R 4T
    Stock, great bike, more ready to race than my KTM
    Make it a 330 and they've got me back

KTMTalk Member

I like that he is getting out and representing his sponsors. Takes a good attitude to step out of your comfort zone and compete in a series different to him. Maybe he is alike a lot of us - Just likes to ride!

Quote Originally Posted by celler View Post
    I like that he is getting out and representing his sponsors. Takes a good attitude to step out of your comfort zone and compete in a series different to him. Maybe he is alike a lot of us - Just likes to ride!
    If you've ever seen any of his video's his seems like a good ol boy.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by lightisright View Post
    I wonder if he'll switch to the 300sefr then, since running in XC1? Somewhere else a couple weeks ago I saw he mentioned riding the 300sefr for another discipline, maybe endurocross?
    I thought I had read somewhere that he was gonna race a.250 4t?

Quote Originally Posted by RockJunkee View Post
    I thought I had read somewhere that he was gonna race a.250 4t?
    I saw a post or comment or something from the Sherco instagram that he'd be sticking with the 250 4t, despite having to race XC1. Not sure if that's just for the first race or beyond. I'm betting that one motive to get him out there on the 250 is just to get some eyes on that model. I can't imagine that their US sales for that model are very good when people have KTM/Husky/Yamaha cross country models to look at. Notice that Beta doesn't even make a 4t 250, and most that want to hop on the 4t Sherco train want the 300.
    '17 250 XC
    '15 500 XCW

Images

Well how did he do?

I saw the results the other day, he was around 46th or so IIRC. From an instagram comment I saw, he was not comfortable pushing it on the wide open sections with all the square edges. Perhaps he just wanted to ensure sherco wouldn't send him to another one?? It's gotta be tough showing for a race like that that's pretty far outside his normal routine and minimal time to get a comfortable setting.
    '17 250 XC
    '15 500 XCW

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus_Flat View Post
    I saw the results the other day, he was around 46th or so IIRC. From an instagram comment I saw, he was not comfortable pushing it on the wide open sections with all the square edges. Perhaps he just wanted to ensure sherco wouldn't send him to another one?? It's gotta be tough showing for a race like that that's pretty far outside his normal routine and minimal time to get a comfortable setting.
    I have been watching his channel the past several months and he had said in one a couple months ago he had no plans to do anything but the hard and extreme enduro, and in another from a race out there in ca he was doing commentary and mentioned how he really doesn't like and wasn't really comfortable with the fast stuff, which is why this year before all this nonsense started he planned on only concentrating on the hard stuff.