Thread: 2016 65Sx Carb Issues - Wont Idle

Default 2016 65Sx Carb Issues - Wont Idle

I bought a used 2016 65sx and am trying to work out some carb issues. Bike runs great once its being ridden, just wont idle. I cleaned the carb, bought new jets, and a Tusk 5N13 Needle. Currently running a 210 main, 20 idle, 5N13 needle with clip in first position (top), and air screw is turned out 3 1/2. Fresh air filter and fuel mixed at 60:1 per manual. Elevation is ~4400 feet, Temperature is 60F plus. The idle speed screw seems to have no effect. Feels like i just need to increase idle slightly and it would be dialed....Im not the best with jetting or tuning carbs, hoping Im missing something simple. Thanks in advance!

2.    Sponsored Links

LOGIN AND CLICK THE SHOP ONLINE LINK FOR THE DISCOUNT

Default Re: 2016 65Sx Carb Issues - Wont Idle

Iíve adjusted the idle screw all the way in, and adjusted the throttle cable play at the throttle which seems to have helped. Ive also cleaned all the vent hoses off the carb too. Once the bike is warm, it will idle consistently for about 3 seconds. Then the bike will kick down into a lower idle and die if you donít work the throttle. What should I look at next?

Default Re: 2016 65Sx Carb Issues - Wont Idle

Same bike same issue. Bike was close to a basket case and all I have left is to get the idle set without relying on the throttle to hold idle. Bike will run and idle on choke and once warm it will speed up on idle. Turning off choke it will die. Idle adjustment has no effect. I have no idea what jets are in the pilot so I ordered a tusk kit to get it back to something I can use. I am hoping it is just not getting enough fuel at idle and resetting to a known jet will take care of the issue. The only other thing I can think is that maybe the idle adjusting screw is worn down and doesn't have the full range of adjustment. I can get the carb set to have a sliver of light peeking through with it though so I don't think that is the case.