Thread: Race Tech Springs - do they require collar spacer/adapter for 19 350 XC-F?

Default Race Tech Springs - do they require collar spacer/adapter for 19 350 XC-F?

I just got a race tech spring for my 350. It is about 1/2" shorter than the WP springs I have been using. There was some mention of a collar adapter but no detail on Racetech site.

Anyone know if this will be an issue? Install it and find out?

2.    Sponsored Links

LOGIN AND CLICK THE SHOP ONLINE LINK FOR THE DISCOUNT

Default Re: Race Tech Springs - do they require collar spacer/adapter for 19 350 XC-F?

Quote Originally Posted by Tee-Dubb View Post
    I just got a race tech spring for my 350. It is about 1/2" shorter than the WP springs I have been using. There was some mention of a collar adapter but no detail on Racetech site.

Anyone know if this will be an issue? Install it and find out?
    Yeah if they are shorter, it will be a big issue, you'll need a large spacer.

Being that places like slavens or csr carries exact fit wp springs, Obviously race tech is sub par in comparison.

Default Re: Race Tech Springs - do they require collar spacer/adapter for 19 350 XC-F?

How will the big issue manifest itself? I installed it - seems to be ok

I got the last one from Slavens. I got a good deal on this one so not a huge loss.

Edit: I did measure the inner and outer diameter of the spring and it measures the same as the WP.
    Last edited by Tee-Dubb; 05-23-2020 at 07:14 AM.

How will the big issue manifest itself? I installed it - seems to be ok

I got the last one from Slavens. I got a good deal on this one so not a huge loss.

Edit: I did measure the inner and outer diameter of the spring and it measures the same as the WP.
    You said the spring was a lot shorter, so a spacer to make up the difference would be needed, other wise the fork will drop lower and be more stink bug.

when you buy springs , I want especially length to be the same as the oem, but Ive seen big variances with after market like Eibach springs.

When it comes to wp spring specs, csr and Slavens carries them. so you got a spring from race tech that meets 2 or the 3 gates, by the sound of it. Correct Length is one of those gates , instead you're dealing with a more generic springs, instead of exact fit.
    Last edited by spud786; 05-23-2020 at 07:46 AM.

Sorry - This is a 19 350 XC-F shock I am talking about. Bike has air forks.

Sorry - This is a 19 350 XC-F shock I am talking about. Bike has air forks.
    Ahhhh, I guess you had enough preload adjustment to make up for the shorter spring.