Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ktm wheels question

Default Re: Ktm wheels question

Well if your down under then your choices are not only limited but expensive. I have to ask what happened to your stock hub? was it the hub that failed or poor spokes that ruined the hub?
    In your part of the world the chinese wheels may be your best choice for value and availability. Over here the Tusk wheels happen to be a great choice for value and durability. The rear has 3 bearings and those two on the drive side are what sold me to try my first set. I even laced tusk rims and spokes to my warp 9 wheel hubs when the warp 9 rims cracked like all my KTM rims have cracked over many years. Some things just never change with KTM.
    Victor

2.    Sponsored Links

LOGIN AND CLICK THE SHOP ONLINE LINK FOR THE DISCOUNT

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Well if your down under then your choices are not only limited but expensive. I have to ask what happened to your stock hub? was it the hub that failed or poor spokes that ruined the hub?
    In your part of the world the chinese wheels may be your best choice for value and availability. Over here the Tusk wheels happen to be a great choice for value and durability. The rear has 3 bearings and those two on the drive side are what sold me to try my first set. I even laced tusk rims and spokes to my warp 9 wheel hubs when the warp 9 rims cracked like all my KTM rims have cracked over many years. Some things just never change with KTM.
    The stock hub failed in the sprocket side.
    I think my only choice is chinise hubs.

Why I prefer two wheel bearings on the drive side and aftermarket sprocket bolts. The latest KTM bolts seem to be better but why pay their price when aftermarket are better. I don't mind re using the extra hard bolts and nuts but find the softer KTM bolts will stretch and should be tossed after being torqued. If a bolt ever loosens it didnt unscrew itself it stretched and should be scrapped. Same goes for kick start and shifter bolts.
    Victor

End up buying smpro platinum wheelset.too.much hassle to find chinese hubs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12