Thread: FLO Pro 160 Levers

KTMTalk Member
    Userid
    Blog Entries

Default FLO Pro 160 Levers

Hello all, I bent my sons brake lever (amongst other stuff) on his band new 2020 TC 250 (got a refresher as to why we try to stay "on" the bike, dirt is harder than I remember). So I figured I would just buy him new FLO Pro 160 levers. Well, The clutch lever does not fit even thou the box says it fits 125 thru 500 KTM / Husky up to and including 2020.

The levers base bottoms out against the master cylinder housing and the mounting pivit bolt lacks 1/3 of the diameter of the hole from going in. It is a cast on cast fit, so there is no forcing it. I could file the base of the lever to get it to fit but in all honesty, the quality is no where near the quality of the stock levers. The tension of the levers is supose to be adjustable, but form factory, if I increased the tension by more than 1/2 of a turn, the lever locks up or hangs in an upward position.

We used their products in the past on super minis with great results.

Anyone running these with good results? Anyone have issues with fitment?

They are advertised as unbreakable but they feel like more things to fail?

Not trying to bash their products, just not sold on the quality this time. Are the other unbreakable brands / designs better quality?

2.    Sponsored Links

LOGIN AND CLICK THE SHOP ONLINE LINK FOR THE DISCOUNT

KTMTalk Member
    Userid

Default Re: FLO Pro 160 Levers

Quote Originally Posted by GSS View Post
    Hello all, I bent my sons brake lever (amongst other stuff) on his band new 2020 TC 250 (got a refresher as to why we try to stay "on" the bike, dirt is harder than I remember). So I figured I would just buy him new FLO Pro 160 levers. Well, The clutch lever does not fit even thou the box says it fits 125 thru 500 KTM / Husky up to and including 2020.

The levers base bottoms out against the master cylinder housing and the mounting pivit bolt lacks 1/3 of the diameter of the hole from going in. It is a cast on cast fit, so there is no forcing it. I could file the base of the lever to get it to fit but in all honesty, the quality is no where near the quality of the stock levers. The tension of the levers is supose to be adjustable, but form factory, if I increased the tension by more than 1/2 of a turn, the lever locks up or hangs in an upward position.

We used their products in the past on super minis with great results.

Anyone running these with good results? Anyone have issues with fitment?

They are advertised as unbreakable but they feel like more things to fail?

Not trying to bash their products, just not sold on the quality this time. Are the other unbreakable brands / designs better quality?
    The reason they do not fit right is because they are not the right part. Your Husky uses Magura master cylinders for both the brake and the clutch. All major manufacturers make the right levers for these bikes. I found a set of blue forged levers that shipped from England on Ebay for around 75.00. Brand I think is Apico. They fit perfect and function identical to stock. They are the fold back spring-loaded style.

Anything that advertises a fit for all KTM and Husky is wrong.
    Last edited by Johnf3; 07-03-2020 at 01:32 PM.
    '19 FX 350
    '13 450 SXF
    '01 520 EXC
    '06 950S Adventure

KTMTalk Member
    Userid

Default Re: FLO Pro 160 Levers

I have these on two bikes. Like them a lot on my YZ. Don't like them and removed them on my KTM, both are 250s. The up and down motion doesn't seem to be adjustable to increase tension so the first set are stiff enough where the ones for the ktm I can pull up when pulling the clutch in....no good! I have had Arc and they did seem better made. ASV are good too, but all are always slightly different bends than stock too.
    Jason
    -------
    '21 KTM 250xc tpi
    '18 YZ250x (never selling, but my 15yr old has claimed it now)
    '17 KTM 450sxf FE (sold)
    '14 YZ250F (sold)
    '14 300xcw Six Days (sold)
    '14 CRF 250R (traded in)
    '09 KTM 200XC (sold)
    '03 Kawasaki KX 250 (sold)
    '05 Honda CRF250R (sold)
    '03 KTM 125 SX (sold)
    '00 Yamaha YZ250 (sold)
    '97 Kawasaki KX 125 (sold)