Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: Full Range?

  1. #11
    KTMTalk Member Jabroni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Userid
    158127
    Location
    Philly PA
    Posts
    465

    Default Re: Full Range?

    Older frames right? More flex.

    It'd be interesting if they kept the GG's with the older frames. Definitely more conducive to the average rider.

    But likely they're just always going to be a year or two behind in tech. Which means they're using up old stock.

    But if it were me, and what the heck do I know, I'd stick with GG being entry level. And keep the older style / less SX inspired chassis as a brand feature indefinitely.
    Wish List:
    Track - 21 Aprilia RS 660
    Dual Sport - 20 Beta 500 RR-S
    Wife - 21 Husky TE150i

    Current:
    MX - 17 Husky FC350
    Enduro - 20 KTM XCF-W
    Adventure - 20 Honda CRF250L Rally
    Sport - 16 MV Agusta F3 675 RC
    Water - 20 Yamaha Superjet


    Sadly Gone:
    15 Yamaha Superjet
    15 Honda Pioneer 500
    10 Honda CRF250R
    08 Yamaha Superjet
    08 Kawi Ninja 250R
    06 Kawi 800 X-2
    03 Kawi KX125

    Indifferent:
    14 Husky FE350
    07 Kawi 900 SX-R GP
    06 Kawi 900 SX-R GP
    05 Kawi KX250
    05 Kawi 800 SX-R (world championship winning)
    03 Kawi 800 SX-R (world championship winning)
    02 Yamaha YZ250
    01 Kawi KX125 (a Bubba practice bike)
    98 Kawi 750 SXi Pro
    96 Yamaha Blaster

    Happily Gone:
    05 Hydrospace S4 180
    04 Honda CRF250R

  2.    Sponsored Links



    LOGIN AND CLICK THE SHOP ONLINE LINK FOR THE DISCOUNT


  3. #12
    KTMTalk Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Userid
    132050
    Location
    Muskego Wisconsin
    Posts
    181

    Default Re: Full Range?

    I like them. The 300 cross country and enduro bikes are 500 less in price than the KTM version.
    Thank god for silver wheels!!!

  4. #13
    KTMTalk Member Jabroni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Userid
    158127
    Location
    Philly PA
    Posts
    465

    Default Re: Full Range?

    Quote Originally Posted by BrettD View Post
    I like them. The 300 cross country and enduro bikes are 500 less in price than the KTM version.
    Thank god for silver wheels!!!
    I do too. I think that this entire move by KTM makes a lot of sense.

    1. The brands are starting to differentiate

    KTM - newest tech, highest tune
    Husky - most expensive, vet orientated
    GG - older tech, budget minded

    2. The GG is great for anyone that likes to build a custom bike. It's the cheapest bike to get off the showroom to start with. If Im building a custom bike, Im going to swap out all of the following:

    - bars
    - levers
    - triple clamps
    - suspension & linkage
    - exhaust
    - seat
    - footpegs
    - wheels

    That's a lotta money wasted on a KTM or Husky tbh that end up in the parts bin of my garage.
    Wish List:
    Track - 21 Aprilia RS 660
    Dual Sport - 20 Beta 500 RR-S
    Wife - 21 Husky TE150i

    Current:
    MX - 17 Husky FC350
    Enduro - 20 KTM XCF-W
    Adventure - 20 Honda CRF250L Rally
    Sport - 16 MV Agusta F3 675 RC
    Water - 20 Yamaha Superjet


    Sadly Gone:
    15 Yamaha Superjet
    15 Honda Pioneer 500
    10 Honda CRF250R
    08 Yamaha Superjet
    08 Kawi Ninja 250R
    06 Kawi 800 X-2
    03 Kawi KX125

    Indifferent:
    14 Husky FE350
    07 Kawi 900 SX-R GP
    06 Kawi 900 SX-R GP
    05 Kawi KX250
    05 Kawi 800 SX-R (world championship winning)
    03 Kawi 800 SX-R (world championship winning)
    02 Yamaha YZ250
    01 Kawi KX125 (a Bubba practice bike)
    98 Kawi 750 SXi Pro
    96 Yamaha Blaster

    Happily Gone:
    05 Hydrospace S4 180
    04 Honda CRF250R

  5. #14
    KTMTalk Member Cactus_Flat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Userid
    167569
    Location
    Flagstaff Arizona
    Posts
    1,342

    Default Re: Full Range?

    Quote Originally Posted by BrettD View Post
    I like them. The 300 cross country and enduro bikes are 500 less in price than the KTM version.
    Thank god for silver wheels!!!
    Where have you seen prices?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabroni View Post
    I do too. I think that this entire move by KTM makes a lot of sense.

    1. The brands are starting to differentiate

    KTM - newest tech, highest tune
    Husky - most expensive, vet orientated
    GG - older tech, budget minded

    2. The GG is great for anyone that likes to build a custom bike. It's the cheapest bike to get off the showroom to start with. If Im building a custom bike, Im going to swap out all of the following:

    - bars
    - levers
    - triple clamps
    - suspension & linkage
    - exhaust
    - seat
    - footpegs
    - wheels

    That's a lotta money wasted on a KTM or Husky tbh that end up in the parts bin of my garage.
    I don't think anything about the GG is old tech, frame seems to be the same as the KTMs, engine and suspension too. Price savings seem to be from no name wheels, braktec components on the enduros, forged clamps, no handguards, maybe a few other things I'm not catching based on the info released.
    '17 250 XC
    '15 500 XCW

  6. #15
    KTMTalk Member Cactus73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Userid
    24963
    Location
    CDA Idaho
    Posts
    6,666

    Default Re: Full Range?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabroni View Post
    Older frames right? More flex.

    It'd be interesting if they kept the GG's with the older frames. Definitely more conducive to the average rider.

    But likely they're just always going to be a year or two behind in tech. Which means they're using up old stock.

    But if it were me, and what the heck do I know, I'd stick with GG being entry level. And keep the older style / less SX inspired chassis as a brand feature indefinitely.
    Why are you saying the Gassers have the older frame? The older, less stiff frame is not more forgiving so it's not an advantage to have it for the average rider.
    2020 TE300i

  7. #16
    KTMTalk Member Jabroni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Userid
    158127
    Location
    Philly PA
    Posts
    465

    Default Re: Full Range?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cactus73 View Post
    Why are you saying the Gassers have the older frame? The older, less stiff frame is not more forgiving so it's not an advantage to have it for the average rider.
    I read elsewhere that the Gasers were getting the previous generation frames.

    Im of the opinion that more flex is a positive for enduro & motocross. Especially with amateur racers.
    Wish List:
    Track - 21 Aprilia RS 660
    Dual Sport - 20 Beta 500 RR-S
    Wife - 21 Husky TE150i

    Current:
    MX - 17 Husky FC350
    Enduro - 20 KTM XCF-W
    Adventure - 20 Honda CRF250L Rally
    Sport - 16 MV Agusta F3 675 RC
    Water - 20 Yamaha Superjet


    Sadly Gone:
    15 Yamaha Superjet
    15 Honda Pioneer 500
    10 Honda CRF250R
    08 Yamaha Superjet
    08 Kawi Ninja 250R
    06 Kawi 800 X-2
    03 Kawi KX125

    Indifferent:
    14 Husky FE350
    07 Kawi 900 SX-R GP
    06 Kawi 900 SX-R GP
    05 Kawi KX250
    05 Kawi 800 SX-R (world championship winning)
    03 Kawi 800 SX-R (world championship winning)
    02 Yamaha YZ250
    01 Kawi KX125 (a Bubba practice bike)
    98 Kawi 750 SXi Pro
    96 Yamaha Blaster

    Happily Gone:
    05 Hydrospace S4 180
    04 Honda CRF250R

  8. #17
    KTMTalk Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Userid
    1403
    Location
    Senatobia Mississipp
    Posts
    1,273

    Default Re: Full Range?

    MC-E 5 $4899
    MC 50 $4199
    MC 65 $4849
    MC 85 $5999 19/16
    MC 125 $6799
    MC 250F $8499
    MC 450F $9399
    EC 300 $9599
    EX 300 $9599
    EX 250F $9099
    EX 350F $9999
    EX 450F $10,099
    TXT 250 $7599
    TXT 280 $7799
    TXT 300 $7899
    TXT GP 250 $8299
    TXT GP 280 $8499
    txt gp 300 $8599
    Last edited by dcg141; 09-22-2020 at 07:39 PM.

  9. #18
    KTMTalk Member Cactus73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Userid
    24963
    Location
    CDA Idaho
    Posts
    6,666

    Default Re: Full Range?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabroni View Post
    I read elsewhere that the Gasers were getting the previous generation frames.

    Im of the opinion that more flex is a positive for enduro & motocross. Especially with amateur racers.
    I owned a 2017 and now ride a 2020 and the additional stiffness made the bike more stable and more nimble. It did not make the bike less forgiving. I think too many people automatically think of additional stiffness as a bad thing.
    2020 TE300i

  10. #19
    KTMTalk Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Userid
    184844
    Location
    Heiligenberg Alsace
    Posts
    90

    Default Re: Full Range?

    In fairness I don't really understand their move with this line-up. Saving 500$ is not much and you can probably negotiate close to this on a KTM bike at the dealership, so aside from having red plastics and silver rims what is the differentiation there ? Why not cutting the price by 1000$ or more and bring back OC/CC forks and older gen shocks/frame ? They still have the tooling for it, R&D has been paid for long time ago and those components are definitely good enough for beginners/average riders. Send it to their factory in India to avoid tool swaping costs and this could allow them to have an actual lower price point, could help people getting into the sport and then wishing for higher end KTM/Husq down the line.
    Heck you may even not have any racing program with the brand to make sure you don't spend a butload of cash to help lowering the price, if this is an entry level product why would you promote it as a racing product with actual champs likely to win over KTM/Husq and bring the idea in people's mind that this gasgas is as race ready as the other bikes from the KTM group but at a lower price point. Maybe help a few local riders at regional level (basically cost free) to inspire beginners to get into racing and show them that their beginners' bike is able to start racing with them and that's it.

    This just calls for brand cannibalization and it is dumb.
    Last edited by Balgaroth; 09-25-2020 at 12:45 AM.
    2004 KTM EXC125

  11. #20
    KTMTalk Member Jabroni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Userid
    158127
    Location
    Philly PA
    Posts
    465

    Default Re: Full Range?

    Quote Originally Posted by Balgaroth View Post
    In fairness I don't really understand their move with this line-up. Saving 500$ is not much and you can probably negotiate close to this on a KTM bike at the dealership, so aside from having red plastics and silver rims what is the differentiation there ? Why not cutting the price by 1000$ or more and bring back OC/CC forks and older gen shocks/frame ? They still have the tooling for it, R&D has been paid for long time ago and those components are definitely good enough for beginners/average riders. Send it to their factory in India to avoid tool swaping costs and this could allow them to have an actual lower price point, could help people getting into the sport and then wishing for higher end KTM/Husq down the line.
    Heck you may even not have any racing program with the brand to make sure you don't spend a butload of cash to help lowering the price, if this is an entry level product why would you promote it as a racing product with actual champs likely to win over KTM/Husq and bring the idea in people's mind that this gasgas is as race ready as the other bikes from the KTM group but at a lower price point. Maybe help a few local riders at regional level (basically cost free) to inspire beginners to get into racing and show them that their beginners' bike is able to start racing with them and that's it.

    This just calls for brand cannibalization and it is dumb.
    If you can talk the dealer down $500 on a KTM, then you can do it on a Gaser. So itís all relative.

    Think about what $500 turns into over the course of a 5 year loan. The savings are substantial.

    That said, I believe KTM wants to go back to having their own dealerships again. But being orange-only has itís hiccups. Now they have 3 brands. Tons of branded merch. A dealership can live on that. And I dont think theyíre done. They will add a blue brand before long.
    Wish List:
    Track - 21 Aprilia RS 660
    Dual Sport - 20 Beta 500 RR-S
    Wife - 21 Husky TE150i

    Current:
    MX - 17 Husky FC350
    Enduro - 20 KTM XCF-W
    Adventure - 20 Honda CRF250L Rally
    Sport - 16 MV Agusta F3 675 RC
    Water - 20 Yamaha Superjet


    Sadly Gone:
    15 Yamaha Superjet
    15 Honda Pioneer 500
    10 Honda CRF250R
    08 Yamaha Superjet
    08 Kawi Ninja 250R
    06 Kawi 800 X-2
    03 Kawi KX125

    Indifferent:
    14 Husky FE350
    07 Kawi 900 SX-R GP
    06 Kawi 900 SX-R GP
    05 Kawi KX250
    05 Kawi 800 SX-R (world championship winning)
    03 Kawi 800 SX-R (world championship winning)
    02 Yamaha YZ250
    01 Kawi KX125 (a Bubba practice bike)
    98 Kawi 750 SXi Pro
    96 Yamaha Blaster

    Happily Gone:
    05 Hydrospace S4 180
    04 Honda CRF250R

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Milage/range in the mountains (450 EXC range on stock tank)
    By MrDirt in forum RFS-Racing 4 Strokes
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-18-2009, 12:01 AM
  2. Jetting and Temp Range (How may Degrees in a jets range?)
    By dazzabb in forum Jetting and Fuel Injection mapping for 2 and 4 stroke KTM's
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-14-2008, 04:48 AM
  3. Shoulder surgery (do you ever get full range back?)
    By rwhitlock in forum Health Spot, Diet and Exercise, Getting Healed
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-12-2007, 07:56 PM
  4. Full Range of Motion Question
    By racer187x in forum Injuries - Riders down but not out.
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-28-2007, 03:29 AM
  5. Milage/range in the mountains (450 EXC range on stock tank)
    By MrDirt in forum General Discussion (PUBLIC)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •