Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: 18-19 used XC, XC-W,including blue versions or new TPI 300 in one of 3 colors

  1. #11
    KTMTalk Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Userid
    66122
    Location
    east Texas
    Posts
    158

    Default Re: 18-19 used XC, XC-W,including blue versions or new TPI 300 in one of 3 colors

    don't mean to hog thread. i'm selling my 23hr 2019 xc 250. pm if interested.(hope this is ok)
    thanks

  2.    Sponsored Links



    LOGIN AND CLICK THE SHOP ONLINE LINK FOR THE DISCOUNT


  3. #12
    KTMTalk Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Userid
    75463
    Location
    Rowlett Texas
    Posts
    174

    Default Re: 18-19 used XC, XC-W,including blue versions or new TPI 300 in one of 3 colors

    Maybe, leaning towards new or very low hour. Text me some pics, details and price at 214-802-278seven. I'm thinking about putting a deposit on a GasGas 300, and I'll probably put the kickstarter on later and I'll just have to get over the TPI. I rode a little this last weekend, and a buddy of mine was having an issue with his XC-W 300 (maybe a 13-15 year model), so I ended up having to clear his pilot and just rode it a bit afterwards to make sure it was fixed. That very short ride made me think maybe I should just stick to a fourstroke, and get a XC 350. I just hate stalling bikes, and it seems like keeping my 450 and getting a 350, would mean I have two bikes with the same positives/negatives. Also still considering the 18 XC-W 300, he basically is now willing to take my offer, but we are both busy and hundreds of miles apart, and the more research I do on the Xpor fork is making me think it's going to be a very expensive fix.
    2010 XC-W 530 Six Days SXF muffler, carb vent blocked other vents filtered, 48 pilot (45 in summer) 182 main, stock needle in 4th position, stock leak jet with SXS A/P spring, tall guts seat with a bump, Scotts stabilizer in #3 position. Wossner 12.5/1 Piston. Joe Rafeal forks with .50 springs (running one stock spring with one .50 now), stock rear valving with stiffer progressive spring. Headlight removed for day racing, Moose light for night racing modded with 35watt HID spot on top and 55 watt Halogen wide on bottom run from the battery on seperate switches, also use a Cyclops helmet light. Trail Tech stator, Shorai 14ah battery, Samco hoses with Thermo delete, Engine Ice, Moose radiator guards, Power mode switch (almost always on low) Clockwork tank and a Rekluse Core EXP clutch.

    2008 XC-F 505 45/185, Boyseen adjustable leak jet with SXS A/P spring, 13:1 CP piston, 7-9 KG rear spring, .49 front forks revalved, 09 oil pumps, blow by spring updated and shimmed, TT stator and weight with Shorai 14ah battery, Tall guts seat with large bump and Scotts stabilizer in #3 position. KTM fan run from battery, Power mode switch, stock or Clockwork tank, Magura 9.0 clutch master cylinder.

    1982 CR 480 My vintage racer, too many mods to list.

    http://i565.photobucket.com/albums/ss96/Ra...d82CR480008.jpg

  4. #13
    KTMTalk Member kenpowell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Userid
    68106
    Location
    Bryant Arkansas
    Posts
    4,137
    Images
    4

    Default Re: 18-19 used XC, XC-W,including blue versions or new TPI 300 in one of 3 colors

    Fix the xplor fork yourself for under $200.00. It's a great fork with the right shim stacks which are available on this forum.
    Ken Powell
    2018 Husqvarna TX300
    2018 KTM 250 XC-W - sold 7 Oct 2020
    2003 KX125 with KDX220 motor & 2006 YZ250F SSS forks - added Rekluse EXP 3.0 designed for YZ125
    1979 Maico 250 Magnum
    Sold:
    2012 KTM 300 XC with YZ SSS cartridges in WP forks - Sold to son-in-law on 31 October 2014 due to injury - still ride it occasionally
    2003 YZ265WR (WR426 trans except YZ250 2nd gear) with 2005 Slavens revalved SSS forks - sold
    Many, many bikes until now...
    1963 Harley 175cc Scat - 1st motorcycle

  5. #14
    KTMTalk Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Userid
    140332
    Location
    Huntsville Texas
    Posts
    127

    Default Re: 18-19 used XC, XC-W,including blue versions or new TPI 300 in one of 3 colors

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray450 View Post
    I rode a little this last weekend, and a buddy of mine was having an issue with his XC-W 300 (maybe a 13-15 year model), so I ended up having to clear his pilot and just rode it a bit afterwards to make sure it was fixed. That very short ride made me think maybe I should just stick to a fourstroke, and get a XC 350. .
    Honestly that generation of 2 stroke vs the newer counter balanced bikes along with the newer chassis are worlds apart to me. My 300xc feels so much stronger and more playful (because it feels much lighter)than the previous generation that I would certainly advise you to try and get a ride on a newer one before getting another 4 stroke. If you have both it really seems like you can have a good tool for whichever job you want it to do.
    2019 Beta 430 race edition
    2018 ktm 350xcf
    2018 300xc
    2017 Beta 300rr race edition
    91 Cr500
    89 YZ490
    84 IT490
    84 IT200
    92 CR 250

    Past bikes
    87 RM 250, 07 450x, 90 CR250, 96 CR250, 84 KX500, 98 XR400, 86 KX500,08 300xcw, 12 500xcw, 12 350sxf, 15 YZ250

  6. #15
    KTMTalk Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Userid
    75463
    Location
    Rowlett Texas
    Posts
    174

    Default Re: 18-19 used XC, XC-W,including blue versions or new TPI 300 in one of 3 colors

    Quote Originally Posted by kenpowell View Post
    Fix the xplor fork yourself for under $200.00. It's a great fork with the right shim stacks which are available on this forum.
    I somehow have managed to avoid the WP Xplor fork in all the KTMs I've owned, and assumed it just needed springs, and possibly a re-valve. I have now done lots of research and have learned that these forks can't simply be re-valved in the traditional way, because they have almost no valve stacks, internals, or actual adjustability. I can't believe they even put these forks on "Race Ready" bikes that all cost over $10k now. Even more embarrassing, they come on supposedly ultra trick/expensive 6 days models, supposedly for the elite riders. They are more in line what I'd expect to come on the playbikes, the Freeride, or a XR 250 or TTR 230. I've read a lot, Kreft, MX-Tech Lucky, Dal Soggio XP-1 and spheres, Krooztoone, Corey/Protune, Dicks, Lanier, converting to KYB, or OC, or AER, or complete fork sets. My head is spinning. It looks like at mininium, they need new base valves, mid valves and springs. What's the under $200 option? I can't imagine it would work well, as it could only be maybe springs, and revalve the one set of valves in it now. I'm not a suspension weenie, typically I get a setting with stock suspension, and almost never change it from there. I've been very happy with my AER forks on my XC-F 450, other than changing pressure a couple times, I don't think I've ever even turned a clicker. I'm expecting to pay about $600, springs, a kit for new midvalves/base valve and oil at minimum. If I have to spend $1,600 on one of the complete gut replacement systems, honestly it's going to price the used bike option completely out of the picture for me, and that's if I can live with the stock rear PDS shock? I think I've completely talked myself out of the 18 XC-W, just because I not only want to not deal with the suspension short comings, but it would be nice to have the same components as my 450, since I'm going to probably keep it at least another season or two. The used bikes only save me a couple grand, so I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on a new 2021 GasGas 300 EX, or just wait a couple months and see if I get lucky and find a really clean low hour 19 XC/TX 300, or XC-f 350, or see what 2022 offers. I appreciate the responses.
    2010 XC-W 530 Six Days SXF muffler, carb vent blocked other vents filtered, 48 pilot (45 in summer) 182 main, stock needle in 4th position, stock leak jet with SXS A/P spring, tall guts seat with a bump, Scotts stabilizer in #3 position. Wossner 12.5/1 Piston. Joe Rafeal forks with .50 springs (running one stock spring with one .50 now), stock rear valving with stiffer progressive spring. Headlight removed for day racing, Moose light for night racing modded with 35watt HID spot on top and 55 watt Halogen wide on bottom run from the battery on seperate switches, also use a Cyclops helmet light. Trail Tech stator, Shorai 14ah battery, Samco hoses with Thermo delete, Engine Ice, Moose radiator guards, Power mode switch (almost always on low) Clockwork tank and a Rekluse Core EXP clutch.

    2008 XC-F 505 45/185, Boyseen adjustable leak jet with SXS A/P spring, 13:1 CP piston, 7-9 KG rear spring, .49 front forks revalved, 09 oil pumps, blow by spring updated and shimmed, TT stator and weight with Shorai 14ah battery, Tall guts seat with large bump and Scotts stabilizer in #3 position. KTM fan run from battery, Power mode switch, stock or Clockwork tank, Magura 9.0 clutch master cylinder.

    1982 CR 480 My vintage racer, too many mods to list.

    http://i565.photobucket.com/albums/ss96/Ra...d82CR480008.jpg

  7. #16
    KTMTalk Member kenpowell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Userid
    68106
    Location
    Bryant Arkansas
    Posts
    4,137
    Images
    4

    Default Re: 18-19 used XC, XC-W,including blue versions or new TPI 300 in one of 3 colors

    Here is a link on how to convert your Xplor forks. We can answer questions and modify the shim stacks for your terrain and weight.
    https://ktmtalk.com/showthread.php?5...t=instructions
    Ken Powell
    2018 Husqvarna TX300
    2018 KTM 250 XC-W - sold 7 Oct 2020
    2003 KX125 with KDX220 motor & 2006 YZ250F SSS forks - added Rekluse EXP 3.0 designed for YZ125
    1979 Maico 250 Magnum
    Sold:
    2012 KTM 300 XC with YZ SSS cartridges in WP forks - Sold to son-in-law on 31 October 2014 due to injury - still ride it occasionally
    2003 YZ265WR (WR426 trans except YZ250 2nd gear) with 2005 Slavens revalved SSS forks - sold
    Many, many bikes until now...
    1963 Harley 175cc Scat - 1st motorcycle

  8. #17
    Lifetime Team KTMTalk Dale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Userid
    3897
    Location
    Lewisburg Ohio
    Posts
    5,928
    Images
    25

    Default Re: 18-19 used XC, XC-W,including blue versions or new TPI 300 in one of 3 colors

    Quote Originally Posted by kenpowell View Post
    Here is a link on how to convert your Xplor forks. We can answer questions and modify the shim stacks for your terrain and weight.
    https://ktmtalk.com/showthread.php?5...t=instructions
    And if you don't do your own work Corey at ProTune can do similar for a similar price for parts, obviously there will be labor but he's very affordable.
    Enduro Riders Association http://aces-races.com
    Current bikes.
    15 350 xcf-w 6 days
    14 350 xcf-w
    15 250 xcf-w Sons bike

  9. #18
    Lifetime Team KTMTalk
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Userid
    347
    Location
    memphis Tennessee
    Posts
    6,345

    Default Re: 18-19 used XC, XC-W,including blue versions or new TPI 300 in one of 3 colors

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray450 View Post
    I somehow have managed to avoid the WP Xplor fork in all the KTMs I've owned, and assumed it just needed springs, and possibly a re-valve. I have now done lots of research and have learned that these forks can't simply be re-valved in the traditional way, because they have almost no valve stacks, internals, or actual adjustability. I can't believe they even put these forks on "Race Ready" bikes that all cost over $10k now. Even more embarrassing, they come on supposedly ultra trick/expensive 6 days models, supposedly for the elite riders. They are more in line what I'd expect to come on the playbikes, the Freeride, or a XR 250 or TTR 230. I've read a lot, Kreft, MX-Tech Lucky, Dal Soggio XP-1 and spheres, Krooztoone, Corey/Protune, Dicks, Lanier, converting to KYB, or OC, or AER, or complete fork sets. My head is spinning. It looks like at mininium, they need new base valves, mid valves and springs. What's the under $200 option? I can't imagine it would work well, as it could only be maybe springs, and revalve the one set of valves in it now. I'm not a suspension weenie, typically I get a setting with stock suspension, and almost never change it from there. I've been very happy with my AER forks on my XC-F 450, other than changing pressure a couple times, I don't think I've ever even turned a clicker. I'm expecting to pay about $600, springs, a kit for new midvalves/base valve and oil at minimum. If I have to spend $1,600 on one of the complete gut replacement systems, honestly it's going to price the used bike option completely out of the picture for me, and that's if I can live with the stock rear PDS shock? I think I've completely talked myself out of the 18 XC-W, just because I not only want to not deal with the suspension short comings, but it would be nice to have the same components as my 450, since I'm going to probably keep it at least another season or two. The used bikes only save me a couple grand, so I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on a new 2021 GasGas 300 EX, or just wait a couple months and see if I get lucky and find a really clean low hour 19 XC/TX 300, or XC-f 350, or see what 2022 offers. I appreciate the responses.
    Ride it & see, with the right springs you might like it, especially in slower terrain. Plenty do.
    "Without motorcycles, people live very boring lives."--Malcolm Smith.

  10. #19
    Lifetime Team KTMTalk
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Userid
    347
    Location
    memphis Tennessee
    Posts
    6,345

    Default Re: 18-19 used XC, XC-W,including blue versions or new TPI 300 in one of 3 colors

    "Without motorcycles, people live very boring lives."--Malcolm Smith.

  11. #20
    KTMTalk Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Userid
    75463
    Location
    Rowlett Texas
    Posts
    174

    Default Re: 18-19 used XC, XC-W,including blue versions or new TPI 300 in one of 3 colors

    Interesting, I wish he had gone into a little detail what mods were actually done to the Xpor forks. I've got no doubt there's plenty of tuners that can make them work, just not sure how much money you really have to throw at them. The under $200 fix mentioned above sounds good, but I think you still need to factor in the springs. I'm not sure I trust myself enough to get everything I need and installed correctly, I'd probably want to use a kit. I told the guy with the XC-W I wasn't interested any more, we seemed to be too far apart distance wise to ever come up with a good time we could both meet, and I would prefer a 19 XC or TX 300 for a couple reasons, the fork's probably the biggest though. There is a 300 TPI at the shop I'm looking at tomorrow on my way to a track, it's a good deal, and I might go ahead and buy it and take it with me. But, I think I'm leaning towards just having one bike for now and seeing if I come across a unicorn 300, maybe 2022 will offer something different (SX with elec starting?).
    2010 XC-W 530 Six Days SXF muffler, carb vent blocked other vents filtered, 48 pilot (45 in summer) 182 main, stock needle in 4th position, stock leak jet with SXS A/P spring, tall guts seat with a bump, Scotts stabilizer in #3 position. Wossner 12.5/1 Piston. Joe Rafeal forks with .50 springs (running one stock spring with one .50 now), stock rear valving with stiffer progressive spring. Headlight removed for day racing, Moose light for night racing modded with 35watt HID spot on top and 55 watt Halogen wide on bottom run from the battery on seperate switches, also use a Cyclops helmet light. Trail Tech stator, Shorai 14ah battery, Samco hoses with Thermo delete, Engine Ice, Moose radiator guards, Power mode switch (almost always on low) Clockwork tank and a Rekluse Core EXP clutch.

    2008 XC-F 505 45/185, Boyseen adjustable leak jet with SXS A/P spring, 13:1 CP piston, 7-9 KG rear spring, .49 front forks revalved, 09 oil pumps, blow by spring updated and shimmed, TT stator and weight with Shorai 14ah battery, Tall guts seat with large bump and Scotts stabilizer in #3 position. KTM fan run from battery, Power mode switch, stock or Clockwork tank, Magura 9.0 clutch master cylinder.

    1982 CR 480 My vintage racer, too many mods to list.

    http://i565.photobucket.com/albums/ss96/Ra...d82CR480008.jpg

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Colors - Blue-Be-Gone
    By admin in forum KTMTalk Info (PUBLIC)
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 02-08-2014, 06:06 AM
  2. The Ant and the Grasshopper (Two Different Versions)
    By scooterman in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 10-18-2008, 09:07 AM
  3. 2008 Six Day Versions ()
    By MitchMan in forum General Discussion (PUBLIC)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-13-2007, 05:09 AM
  4. Calling All '05 Lc4 625/640 Versions Owners...
    By AJSB in forum Dual Sport, Motard, LC4, Duke, et al
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-26-2005, 07:21 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •